Awesome EA deals coming up (Digital Only) from Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome EA deals coming up (Digital Only) from Amazon

just saw this over at joystiq, and they're pretty good if you don't mind Origin.

Amazon offering dramatic discounts on digital EA games starting this Sunday | Joystiq

Amazon doesn't care for your silly stack of unplayed, unopened games -- it simply wants to trick you into buying more with a variety of impressive deals, albeit on games that exist only in the digital realm. Starting this coming Sunday (the 15th) and running through the end of the week (the 21st), individual EA titles will be offered day by day at ridiculously discounted prices: Bulletstorm and Dead Space 2 for $7 a pop, for instance.

The daily itemized list is just after the break, should you be preparing for yet another (admittedly minor) assault on your bank account in the effort to catch up on 2011's best games. Might we suggest conquering the concept of time scarcity first?

1/15 – Alice: Madness Returns: $7.49
    1/16 – Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 Bundle: $11.99
    1/17 – Medal of Honor - $6.99
    1/18 – Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - $6.99
    1/19 – Dead Space 2 - $6.99
    1/20 – Bulletstorm - $6.99
    1/21 – Crysis 2 - $9.99
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: Awesome EA deals coming up (Digital Only) from Amazon

Lulz EA.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Just...what? LOL. I bought Dragon Age: Origins UE for like $40 and thought that was a pretty good price. This is just desperation to get someone - anyone - to use their service. Even with this sale though: Screw Origin.

Icemage

Comment

Not to mention they ruined that DA:O UE deal by including DA2 in it.

Comment

Fuck EA.
          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
          Name: Drjones
          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
            Fuck EA.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
            Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

This was coupled with the PSN "deals" which cost three times as much, likely there was a sale on XBL was well. If you can call it a sale, anyway.

So yeah, this was a ploy to bait people into Origin more than anything else. Hell, that's all EA wants from you and they'll give you an Origin account even if you never asked for one. I have one and I never asked for one, but they rooted out that I did some registering for the free Shadows of the Damned soundtrack (which wasn't even a complete OST, as it turns out) and that's how I have an Origin account.

They have quotas to fill, basically. What crap corporation doesn't? I had a customer service guy that just wanted to shoot the shit while sorting out why my download code wasn't working out and after all the weird hoops he sent me through I don't quite blame him. EA's whole system is so convoluted I guess you'd do anything just to get your mind off it a little.

Comment

I must be a shark, because I can smell the blood in the water.
                sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                  just saw this over at joystiq, and they're pretty good if you don't mind Origin.

Amazon offering dramatic discounts on digital EA games starting this Sunday | Joystiq
                  Will this come up on the Podcast tomorrow? {May}{Bee}. Better tune in to find out!

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                  99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                  99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Hmm that's pretty cheap for Dragon Age 1 and 2. Considering that at least, though would prefer it through Steam.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

Like Icemage said, they are trying really hard to get anyone they can to use their service.

And the way I see it a mayor problem for them is Steam has earned metric tons of good will among the gaming community, because Gabe&Co. are awesome like that.

EA on the other hand... makes you want to give them the finger and pirate their games even if you don't even want to play them. They are just that bad.
                      sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

There's never been room for a fourth primary platform holder.

In the minds of gamers - both casual and hardcore - this is what exists:

Steam, 360, PS3 - primary platforms
                        Nintendo, GOG, iOS, Facebook games - supplemental platforms.

This more than covers the spread. If you even only have two of these, it tends to be more than enough. After that I think there's only room for the Smart TV market.

I'm not saying Nintendo's efforts and those of niche developers are lesser than what I've listed as primary, but most people have come to see that Nintendo platforms' main attraction being Nintendo's games and little else, which is why I'd consider it supplemental to gamers in general. Essential to many people, but not particularly to all.

EA is trying to get into both primary and secondary platforms and trying to be a main attraction. Here's the thing though, as strong as the IPs are they don't have the same magnetic pull of what Nintendo, MS, Sony or Valve put out. They don't have that charm or longevity and much of it has to do with development cycles being too rigid and spreading resources too thin.

When Bungie left MS, MS had plan and did manage to hire out some people from Bungie along the way to ensure the brand didn't just fizzle when Bungie left. Retro Studios is just packed with talent from all over the industry. You have talent formerly of Rare, Naughty Dog and other notable developers within it and on the Japanese side, they're not afraid to have studios collaborate with each other and put other projects on hold if it means making a better game. This seems to also be something Sony is keen on and Valve just puts their heart and soul into whatever game they feel should take priority.

EA spreads it all too thin, like dividing up one small dab of butter for five pieces of toast.
                        Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 01-13-2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Steam has some sales going on as well this weekend. Deadpace 1 and 2 are $5 each.

*sigh* if only that were on PSN instead...
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

How much money does Steam want from me? >_<

Every time they do a sale I end up with 5 more games I'm never going to have time to play.
                            sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                              How much money does Steam want from me? >_<

Every time they do a sale I end up with 5 more games I'm never going to have time to play.
                              This is why I ignore my friend every time he gets excited and tells me about some awesome sale on Steam. If I need a game I'll go buy one. I'm not gonna make impulse purchases for a sale that end up being wasted money no matter how good the price was. I've seen what can happen to people who buy more games than they can play and it isn't pretty.
                              Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                              Name: Drjones
                              Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Working...
                              X