No announcement yet.

Another strike for Blizzard, DiabloIII!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another strike for Blizzard, DiabloIII!

Diablo III Single-Player Cannot Be Paused

It seems as if you need to ALWAYS be online even if you want single player. That's just yet ANOTHER nail in the coffin for blizzard to me.

First the RMT bullshit, and now this!?

What else will blizzard do.

Fuck blizzard, and their assanine tactics to make money.

Re: Another strike for Blizzard, DiabloIII!

Wow. That's pretty excessive...
    Originally posted by Yygdrasil
    Originally posted by Nandito
    Ponies.

Duh.
    You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

What the f....

That's some serious bullshit right there. I smell Kotick's dirty fingers all over this.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Yea...

If I am playing offline game, I would much rather it be you know.. OFF LINE!?

I take my laptop when I travel, and not every place has internet.

Comment

Well you guys wanted to play an MMOG offline didn't you?

Eh? You didn't? Oh, my bad.

Teehee?

With love ~Blizzard~
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Holy kittenmuffins...
            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
            Name: Drjones
            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

The no pause thing seems silly and senseless, but it's not like you can't take two seconds to back off and make a town portal.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Moreover, the conclusion seems premature. Of course you can't pause in the beta. Even when you're playing alone you're still in a "multiplayer" game because the entire point of the beta is to stress test their servers and networking. Perhaps the full version will have a single player mode as Diablo 2 did in which you can pause. Maybe it won't, but there's really no way to know until it comes out.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I stopped caring about Diablo III when they started talking about the real money AH
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Its not really unheard of for such games to have no ability to pause.

You can't pause in Monster Hunter Tri in single player. Well, not in-game, though you can press the Home button to do it. It doesn't work in online multiplayer that way, obviously.

That said, the "always online" bit and the Auction House RMTing still make this game dead to me. The game needed neither feature. The P2P RPG has evolved well enough to not need RMT in it, all it takes is swallowing some pride and accepting the genre has seriously progressed since the days of Diablo II, then implementing shared loot pools and other features..

Comment

I can "sort of" understand the reasoning behind the whole RMT thing (doesn't mean I agree with it, but whatevs *shrug*).

But seriously you can't pause or even idle for more than a few minutes? Yeah, yeah, "it's a beta" yadda yadda... but this isn't the sort of thing you'd put in if it weren't going to be in the official release.

This is too far, Blizzard. Leave my single player experience alone. If I wanted to play an MMO, I'd still be playing FFXI thankyouverymuch.

Icemage

Comment

Honestly I don't really care about the RMT thing since I won't be buying things from it, nor will I be playing public games most times, since I prefer to play with people I actually know from outside the game. Though the thought of selling a decent item I won't use for $5 or something doesn't sound too bad.

As for the "always online" requirement, I've got mixed feelings about it. On one side, I'm rarely without the internet. On the other side, if I'm travelling or my net cuts out, I'd still like to play a single player game, which this kind of screws me out of.

Comment

For me, its the not pausing it that is the biggest turn off to me. Because there are times I need to quickly get up and go do some things, and not be able to come back right away.

The RMT just peeved me, and its just stupid as all the n00bs and Elitists will abuse the fuck out of it.

Then now this... I can't even say lol.

Comment

There's no reason we shouldn't be able to pause the game if we're playing solo. I can understand how it might be a pain if you're in a multiplayer match and host constantly pauses the game, but if we're the host and the only one in the game that functionality should be there.

As for the idling issue, Blizz logs you off of every other game they've released if you're inactive for too long, but it's usually so long that it rarely ever happens. We'll have to wait and see how long it takes to be booted off their servers before we can judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                            I can "sort of" understand the reasoning behind the whole RMT thing (doesn't mean I agree with it, but whatevs *shrug*).

But seriously you can't pause or even idle for more than a few minutes? Yeah, yeah, "it's a beta" yadda yadda... but this isn't the sort of thing you'd put in if it weren't going to be in the official release.

This is too far, Blizzard. Leave my single player experience alone. If I wanted to play an MMO, I'd still be playing FFXI thankyouverymuch.

Icemage
                            So this is where you draw the line then? They lost me at the AH and "always online" bit. One is a move toward greed that compromises the PVP experience, the other is absolutely unnecessary for the single player.

I sort of get why the do this "no pause" for games like this - its to condition you to not fall into the habit of going AFK or at least not idle in the battle areas when you go online. Besides, if you want to idle in a game like this, don't you just portal out to a town to do so? That's practically the same as pausing, you just move to a place where you won't be attacked because monsters don't spawn in towns..

Demon's Souls is a single player game I can't pause, because its also online at the same time. If I were able to pause the game, there would be no threat of player invasions at all, but that's part of the design. There's no threat of that in soul form, but you can't rest easy when you have your body, ever.

Dark Souls will be the same way.

Comment

Even when you're offline, Demon's Souls doesn't pause. It also serves to keep you a target if you think you can just get up and walk away.

Comment

Working...
                              X