Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9/19 Sony makes new embarrasing mistake!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/19 Sony makes new embarrasing mistake!!?

The Drop: Week of September 19th 2011 New Releases (UPDATED) – PlayStation Blog Oh mew how could this happen! read the comments in the last pages! 0.0 looks like Chrono Trigger and FFVI are not releasing this week. What is going on in those offices, mew?

Re: 9/19 Sony makes new embarrasing mistake!!?

Lulz. XD
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

If it's the PS1 port of Chrono Trigger and still has those horrendous lags during random battle loads, nothankyou.jpg.

360 owners have Gears of War 3 coming tomorrow. PSP owners get Persona 2: Innocent Sin. PS3 owners get Child of Eden tomorrow. PS360 gets Formula 1 tomorrow as well.

Next week is even more insane. Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD, Rune Factory, X-Men Destiny, Splinter Cell HD Trilogy, Pro Evo Soccer, FIFA, Solatorobo, etc. on Sep. 27.

I think we can manage without these games until they can figure out which switch got flipped in the wrong direction.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
        If it's the PS1 port of Chrono Trigger and still has those horrendous lags during random battle loads, nothankyou.jpg.
        They are, which reminds me, I'll just download the Virtual Console versions for Wii since I do have some points laying around. No loading times for the SNES emulations.

360 owners have Gears of War 3 coming tomorrow. PSP owners get Persona 2: Innocent Sin. PS3 owners get Child of Eden tomorrow. PS360 gets Formula 1 tomorrow as well.

Next week is even more insane. Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD, Rune Factory, X-Men Destiny, Splinter Cell HD Trilogy, Pro Evo Soccer, FIFA, Solatorobo, etc. on Sep. 27.

I think we can manage without these games until they can figure out which switch got flipped in the wrong direction.

Icemage
        Also, Kirby Mass Attack, Dragon Quest Monsters 2 Joker and if any store can be buggered to carry it - Bit Trip Saga and Bit Trip Complete. Its been a week, I still can't find either, but one GS in NC has them... 45 miles from where I live.

I love Bit.Trip but not for 45 miles. I may just have to go online and order it.

Comment

They are, which reminds me, I'll just download the Virtual Console versions for Wii since I do have some points laying around. No loading times for the SNES emulations.
          You should consider the DS version instead. Has everything the PSX version had and more (new secret boss and ending) without any of that game-ruining loading time. Also, much better localization and more informative combat messages (enemy attacks usually have an icon at the end telling you their element.)

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
            You should consider the DS version instead. Has everything the PSX version had and more (new secret boss and ending) without any of that game-ruining loading time. Also, much better localization and more informative combat messages (enemy attacks usually have an icon at the end telling you their element.)
            Hard to find a copy of it new these days, I'm afraid. And I'm a stickler for having the box and instructions. That's a real crapshoot with online stores. Easier to just get the VC version

If the upcoming VC games via the Ambassador Program are any indication to what we're getting in the future, I'd be waiting for the version of FFVI that came to GBA, but by the time that probably hits SE will have remade FFVI for 3DS.

At any rate, these would be games I'd just be stockpiling for backloggery, not actually playing any time soon, so there's no rush to get them. I've had too many RPGs of late, particularly of the dark and gritty variety. I'm either knocking people out or getting blood all over everything in games right now.

I need something pink and fluffy.

Which reminds me, I'm gonna procure a new copy of Epic Yarn. Never should have sold it, as the soundtrack is just soooo good.

Should pre-order Kirby: Return to Dreamland while I'm at Gamestop later today.

Its funny, before last year I never was really into the Kirby stuff. They're just a nice change of pace from other games, which I may need as its looking like I may be doing Dragon Age:Origin, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls in succession these next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
              They are, was confirmed a while back.

If you want CT, get the DS version. Likewise GBA for FF6.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Likewise GBA for FF6.
                Are the GBA additions significant? I'd much rather play at 256x224 (SNES) than 240x160. It kind of sucks not being able to see far ahead vertically. I know there's the better translation, and some extra dungeon or something like that, but does the extra stuff add to the plot in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                  Are the GBA additions significant? I'd much rather play at 256x224 (SNES) than 240x160. It kind of sucks not being able to see far ahead vertically. I know there's the better translation, and some extra dungeon or something like that, but does the extra stuff add to the plot in any way?
                  I know Gilgameh, a cactuar island and Jumbo Catuar were added to that version as well.

Typical EXP values were given to the cactuars, so it makes for a nice grinding spot.

Comment

The translation is MUCH better too.
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X