Clear All

Re: Best retro games

Apple II: Wings of Fury, Karateka, Oregon Trail

NES: StarTropics, RC Pro Am, Destiny of an Emperor, Baseball Stars

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
      That's technically Zelda 4, and that's not retro since for the sake of this thread, Feba wants retro to be pre-Genesis, which also means pre-SNES, and Link's Awakening was released after A Link to the Past.
      Ah, your right. What I was refering to was the old NES Zelda that I believe was released after the first Zelda. If you can remember, it was reflective gold cartridge. It might have even been titled "Link II" or something. Ill haveta look it up.

[Edit:] Yea, here it is. "The adventures of Link."

|| 75 Warrior || 75 Black Mage || 75 Bard || 75 Beastmaster || 75 Red Mage ||

Comment

PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
        Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
        WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
        Currently Playing:
        FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
          Unless you're just trying to be a geocentrist dick, in which case, congratulations.
          Wow you've got some nerve to say I'm being a dick when lots of your posts are you being just that... a dick. Case and point:
          Originally posted by Feba
          The on button is the off button you dumbass
          My comment was actually geared more on the lighter side and I suppose because I left off the lol that was not apparent. I wasn't trying to be even mean just inquisitive. Let me go add lol to my comment so you can get over yourself.

I love how you say I was trying to be a geocentrist.... That's like saying someone is trying to be a catholic. What you might have been trying for with your created word is self-centered, but I promise you that was not my intent.

I see no reason to attack someone, unlike you, just because I can. I didn't realize that when you created this post you were readying yourself to attack someone. Keep it on the lighter side. No sense in causing some kind of bickerment just because your being vindictive.
          Life is all about decisions. It is the decisions you make in life that shape you.
          sigpic

Comment

Pai Pai wins the thread
            Last edited by Juiced; 05-08-2008, 10:04 AM.

|| 75 Warrior || 75 Black Mage || 75 Bard || 75 Beastmaster || 75 Red Mage ||

Comment

Duke Nukem raised me as a child.

And let it go, you two. Not everyone had a Genesis growing up or knew that it had different names; it's not a big deal.
              PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
              Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
              WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
              Currently Playing:
              FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Temagori View Post
                I wasn't trying to be even mean just inquisitive.
                Yeah, no. If you already know the answer to something, asking it isn't being inquisitive, it's being a dick.

What you might have been trying for with your created word is self-centered,
                I mean what I said. You're so centered on where you live that you either forget (as is obvious) or ignore (as you claim) outside countries and things relating to them. (in this case, the Mega Drive)

There's two options-- either A, you were ignorant to the existence of the Mega Drive, and thus didn't understand how someone could not know what the Genesis was, or B- you knew that it wasn't called the Genesis in other regions, and were trying to be a dick. There's really no alternative.

Comment

Armando, how can you say Zelda 1 sucked? I can understand not liking 2, but 1?!!!!!
                  Metroid
                  Contra
                  Zelda 1
                  Duck Hunt
                  I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I'm just gonna listen to Pai pai on this one and drop it I'm not in the mood to deal with the self-superior attitude going on atm.

Another game I loved was Clu Clu Land and Popeye. I actually played the game, watched the show, and would only eat Popeye's Spinach as a kid lol.

An extremely good game that gave hours of enjoyment was Duck Hunt. I loved that game.
                    Life is all about decisions. It is the decisions you make in life that shape you.
                    sigpic

Comment

Excitebike, Double Dragon II, Dragon Warrior, Contra, um, I can't think of anything else right now. But I'm sure I will later.

I can't remember the names of most of the games I played on earlier consoles. Or the games I played in the arcade. Man, I really need to start taking ginkgo biloba or something.

Comment

Just got done cleaning out my parents garage and found my old Virtual boy i got for christmas years ago.

It had Red Alert still in it. Added some new batteries and works like new...Now i remember whey i didn't play this often...crappy games and it fucks up your eyes.
                        Last edited by Malevolent; 05-08-2008, 11:30 AM.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Armando, how can you say Zelda 1 sucked? I can understand not liking 2, but 1?!!!!!
                          Easy. Lack of convenient saving, starting with 3 hearts when you die, and finding the dungeons is a million times more of a chore than it should be. ESPECIALLY DUNGEON 8. The way they hid Dungeon 8 was just...really friggin' stupid. The last dungeon was also friggin' horrible, and I died because I had no way of knowing Ganon was going to turn invisible as soon as the fight began.

It's like the original Final Fantasy 1. I'm sure it was very good for its time, but they're both seriously flawed games on many levels. Metroid 1 pulled that kind of stupidity too (particularly the bit about respawning with 30 energy) but at least Metroid 1 is solely about exploration, and you can sequence break like crazy.

And it's not a lack of patience either. I'm willing to put up with high difficulty, but that's just artificial difficulty aka bad game design >_> It's like making a game where the difficulty isn't in winning, but in moving around without dying. I'm looking at you, Castlevania and Ghouls and Goblins.

Comment

lol the Virtual Boy... If I remember correctly that thing came out after the SNES and didn't do well... I think I only palyed one game on that... Think it was called Virtual Boy Vertical Force or something like that. I didn't wear glasses before playing it though...yet now I do. It's a conspiracy I say!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                              Easy. Lack of convenient saving, starting with 3 hearts when you die, and finding the dungeons is a million times more of a chore than it should be. ESPECIALLY DUNGEON 8. The way they hid Dungeon 8 was just...really friggin' stupid. The last dungeon was also friggin' horrible, and I died because I had no way of knowing Ganon was going to turn invisible as soon as the fight began.

It's like the original Final Fantasy 1. I'm sure it was very good for its time, but they're both seriously flawed games on many levels. Metroid 1 pulled that kind of stupidity too (particularly the bit about respawning with 30 energy) but at least Metroid 1 is solely about exploration, and you can sequence break like crazy.

And it's not a lack of patience either. I'm willing to put up with high difficulty, but that's just artificial difficulty aka bad game design >_> It's like making a game where the difficulty isn't in winning, but in moving around without dying. I'm looking at you, Castlevania and Ghouls and Goblins.
                              Okay, those are actually good points. It just seems like blasphemy to call the original Zelda a horrible game. I think the biggest pain in the ass I had with it was playing it again a few years ago, and forgetting how to get to Ganon. I swore up and down I'd already tried the one bombable wall that takes you out and around, and spent a couple hours looking for the right way in. I even remembered his room was in one of the eyes, just couldn't find the way their. Fortunately my friends figured out I didn't bomb the correct wall at all and we promptly killed Ganon. But yeah, they don't give you a lot to go on. Kinda like Metroid and "do I bomb this square, or the one above it, or maybe its the one way up there and I have to time my bombs exactly right to bomb it first, then to make it up there again and go through" which you mentioned.
                              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

O.o How do you not know what a Genesis is, but you say Sonic...lol
                                In the Uk the Genesis was called teh megadrive, so unless you knew it was the same thing, over this side of the pond wed be wut? never heard of it.

I used to have a zx Spectrum 48k (still have it in its box) and remember classic games I enjoyed playing like..

Crime Busters
                                Terrahawks (remember that!)
                                Formular 1 racing
                                Daylee thompsons olympics (where you get wrist ache from ahving to wiggle the joystick so dam fast to get anywhere!)
                                Pacman
                                Death Wish III

I didn't really have many computer games before the Megadrive (Genesis) but loved retro games for that like
                                Another world
                                Flashback
                                Sonics
                                Populous
                                Streets of rage (classic!!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X