Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever thought with your character's name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever thought with your character's name?

Mainly talking about here if you've ever thought of your own name (especially if you've said or written down) and put the name your character uses in instead of your legal/birth/human name. Also if you've heard someone say it in real life (such as at a fan fest) and not had to think about it meaning you.

Also note if your character's name is your nickname, or a name you use everywhere else online.

Re: Have you ever thought with your character's name?

The title asks one question, but your post asks another.

In regard to the post, no.

In regard to the title, I occasionally refer to myself as Murphie (or Murphy) but only in the context of the game, or forum I use the name on. Like "get it together, Murphie" when I'm messing up a fight or something.

Comment

Actually, no, I haven't. Even with the people around that play, we still refer to each other by their real names. It's kinda off-putting to call me "Lilith" to my face, as opposed to just calling me that on a forum or in game. Of course, the majority of the posters here aren't anywhere near Japan, nor do any of you have my number, so conversations beyond here or in game are kinda not much of a worry.

As for when I'm in game, yar, I'm Lilith. That's me, that's who I am. Except when I'm Vicviper or one of my other mules.
      Last edited by LilithAngel; 02-29-2008, 12:59 AM. Reason: Of course, if you really wanna call me, send me a PM. I can talk your ear off... ...if I have a topic to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
        Actually, no, I haven't. Even with the people around that play, we still refer to each other by their real names. It's kinda off-putting to call me "Lilith" to my face, as opposed to just calling me that on a forum or in game. Of course, the majority of the posters here aren't anywhere near Japan, nor do any of you have my number, so conversations beyond here or in game are kinda not much of a worry.

As for when I'm in game, yar, I'm Lilith. That's me, that's who I am. Except when I'm Vicviper or one of my other mules.
        Exactly. Maybe if I interacted with FFXI people outside of the context of the game or the forum. But I really don't.

Comment

My character's name is also my alias on many places, i have refered to myself as Rohlan but know unwillingly.
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

My chars name is my real name so...Yes. :p

Comment

I go back Dak in different games, but I've never referred to myself as Dak outside of a game. I don't even think my own name in-game or out.

Comment

I have had people call me Sev irl o.O then again thats because I have met about 25 people from a few servers.

My self I don't tho =/
                [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Heh funny story. I had 2 roomates, one played the game, zhou, the other hated the game, we'll call him arsehat. One night I was in the living room playing and arsehat is watching a movie. Z was inhis room playing the game with me. We were on our way to the dunes, when I lost track of him. So i yelled out; "Hey Z where are you?" Arsehat said....he's in his room you Dummy.

The reason why i mention this is because I explained to arsehat that I asked where Z was not where Shane was....so meh.

But back to the post, me and my roomy refer to each other in character name when we talk about the game, but out in the real world we try not to use them in public.

Comment

Not this character name. I have a vague recollection of being called "Amp" at some point, but I think that's just a trick of memory, because I can't think of anyone who would call me that. My first character name, tons and tons, but only because it's what I go by elsewhere. Not related to the game at all.

And I've never accidentally written any other name down than whatever one was appropriate at the time.
                    Ellipses on Fenrir
                    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                    . . .

Comment

Allthough I never use Galen as my name in RL, I do on many occasions find myself talking to Galen, many a time have I said "come on galen, you can do this" I'm not sure if im saying it to my screen or to myself lol.
                      I have a friend in my linkshell and we talk in RL sending txt messages to each other still I txt him with Draz instead of his name.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

On several occasions I've had people call me Fliegar in real life. Although I enver refer to myself as my game name unless it fits the context, or I'm talking in a weird type of third-person.

Comment

I don't have alias confusion. To most people on the webs, I'm just the Yellow Mage. My name in-game is basically a Tarutaru construction that is very loosely based on my real name.
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                          Matthew 16:15

Comment

Alot of rl friends who play FFXI call me Selphiie but sometimes they call me my nickname which is "Tek" and only closer friends call me by my first name "Keiko"

But irl my nickname is Tek dont ask how i got Tek from Keiko, long story.
                            62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

My character name is my online alias, so yes. I have friends irl who i met online that even though I've known them for years, call me Illuen =D.

Comment

Working...
                              X