Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Armored Core: for Answer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Armored Core: for Answer

    Attention all Mech junkies:




    FULL-FLIGHT BATTLES AT LONG LAST!!! WOO HOO!!!!!


    God I hope they do a better job than they did with AC4. I love this series so much, but it seems have been going downhill since Master of Arena (the last truly great game IMO)
    sigpic


    "BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

  • #2
    Re: Armored Core: for Answer

    AC4 was surprisingly not terrible. Any improvement over that is very welcome.
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

    WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Armored Core: for Answer

      It's not that the game was bad per say, but just not as good as some of the others.

      I just find MoA was the best in terms of straight up PvP.


      My main beef with AC4 (apart from SEGA taking over ) was that you couldn't get any kind of mission briefing until you had accepted the mission, unlike every other entry in the series where you would be debriefed before accepting.

      The customization (the series hallmark) was a little over the top too. Having a lot of options is nice, but AC4 simply had far too many specs that could be tweaked, like turning speed for individual parts... and FCS adjustment.

      It felt like I spent more time tweaking than doing missions, and was a far cry from what they said AC4 would be; picking parts based on look and not parameters and customizing their stats afterwards.


      Oh, and I miss my dear old Mirage corporation and the once all-mighty Karasawa Laser (they've been nerfing it steadily with each new game since AC2)
      sigpic


      "BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Armored Core: for Answer

        Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post
        AC4 was surprisingly not terrible. Any improvement over that is very welcome.
        I'm sorry, Pai Pai. I adore the Armored Core series, but AC4 is nigh on unplayable at times... (I have it).


        Icemage

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Armored Core: for Answer

          I never played an AC game, but that looks friggin sweet o.o

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Armored Core: for Answer

            Nine Breaker was kinda cool since it was all about the arena stuff much like MoA was (though even MoA had story elements)

            The only one I currently own is Last Raven, and I still don't play it very often. I was furious when FROMSOFTWARE changed the overheating in AC3 from constantly losing AP to simply draining your energy bar.

            BULL CRAP. If I'm on you with a pair flamethrowers at point blank, you can bet your sweet ass that's going to do a lot more than just drain your freaking energy bar while chipping away at your AP.


            I must say, I liked how in AC4 you had the option to automatically engage your boosters when over water (as well as actual models that can float on water, not just in the shallows...) and that boosting once again does not make your machine heat up.

            Does that make sense? Maybe not, but I found boosting became a real pain ever since AC3. I like being able to jump around freely with my only concern being how much energy I'm sucking up tyvm.

            Nothing like using a high-efficiency build with a freakishly powerful booster to zip around while pissing off opponents with Sniper Fire and/or Mult/Pursuit missiles.

            Ah good times...
            sigpic


            "BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Armored Core: for Answer

              Yeah, I was pretty pissed that the Karasawa kept getting nerfed every game it showed up in past the first one (GAWD the devestation I could lay down with that thing /drool). By the time I got it in AC3, I was like, "all that work for this?"

              I started up AC4, but never really got into it much, since the way the accept mission/briefing part kinda screwed me up on a few missions (especially the one where you gotta shoot down all those floating mines in that one night stage. I had to reload that one a few times until I found a setup that worked by giving me enough shots to actually finish the mission). Not knowing what I'm going into kinda makes it hard to set up my mech properly to begin with, and reloading the game after every mission is a PITA when it's *every* freaking mission cuz I can't tweak my mech to at least let me survive, let alone finish, the mission.

              I will say this in AC4's favor, though: the setup test mode is actually rather nice, probably one of the better ones I've played through. I could spend all day testing out various setups and not worry about the actual game.
              Last edited by LilithAngel; 01-13-2008, 09:02 AM. Reason: Yes, and that trailer was FUCKING SWEET!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Armored Core: for Answer

                Thank you for reinforcing one of my points ^^b

                I really hated how you didn't know what the mission was until after accepting it, thus denying you any chance to tweak your machine prior to launching.
                sigpic


                "BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

                Comment

                Working...
                X