Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissidia: FF trailer

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/dissi...ler-270326.php

Looks pretty cool, actually. Shame I refuse to buy a PSP.

Really looks like a PS2 game, doesn't it?

Re: Dissidia: FF trailer

I can't believe they're wasting this and Crisis Core on PSP just because Sony needs to move PSPs. Would have been better to put them on PS2 at least.

Comment

I happen to like my PSP thank you very much...

Though it is bizzare that Sony didn't go for their more popular system. Like you said, must be a push to sell more PSPs (lord knows Sony needs all the help it can get against the DS)
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
        I can't believe they're wasting this and Crisis Core on PSP just because Sony needs to move PSPs. Would have been better to put them on PS2 at least.
        You could say that with anything lol...It's a shame they're wasting FF Tactics on DS just because it has a higher potential for sales on that platform.

...can't people be happy that the PSP is actually getting decent support from Square Enix?
        PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
        Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
        WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
        Currently Playing:
        FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

I'm not, because I don't own, nor do I ever intend to own a PSP.

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post
            You could say that with anything lol...It's a shame they're wasting FF Tactics on DS just because it has a higher potential for sales on that platform.

...can't people be happy that the PSP is actually getting decent support from Square Enix?
            Problem with Crisis Core is its just an embellishment of Last Order: Final Fantasy VII, a little OVA Sony neglected to include with Advent Children's US/EU release. Yet its in the Japanese version... hmmm.

Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II... how many more times? Really. Its the same dumbed-down Wonderswan port, only touched up with the GBA content thrown in and another new scenario/dungeon. MEANWHILE, FFVI gets a 3D remake with most of the original scenario (that was cut out in the original) added back in.

Final Fantasy Tactics on PSP is a remake of FFT on PSX, with some new anime CSes or and forced FFXII cameos on top of a really forced FFVII cameo. DS gets the FFTA sequel, god only knows how that will turn out.

Dissedia or whatever. Looks cute, but I don't need drama in fighting games. I know Kuja and Zidane aren't chums, I wasn't curious about how Garland would fight Sephiroth. Everyone has to have thier own Smash Brothers game these days, yet, nothing really seems to replace Smash Brothers except... the next Smash Brothers.

DS get the FFXII sequel, Two Mana games so far. Its a Wonderful World for the KH team, Dragon Quest Monsters, Dragon Quest Heros, Mario Hoops, Chocobo Tales, Dragon Quest IX ... do I need to go on here?

PSP is getting sloppy seconds with the exception of Crisis Core. That's all there is to it.

Comment

I kinda have to agree with Omgwtfbbq here. Most of the good stuff is coming out on DS, yet by throwing out FFT for PSP they've got my balls in a vicegrip, which is most likely exactly what they want (especially since Tactic's PSX release had such a horrible translation job, and some things could've been clearer...) If they had released it for the DS, the second screen could've been used for a million useful things (more specifically, quickly checking turn order or stats without having to "untarget" characters or move the cursor halfway accross the map) AND it'd be available to more people.

As for Dissidia, right now either the website or my internet is being retarded right now (big surprise there) so I"ll pass judgment on it a bit later.

Comment

Final Fantasy Tactics on PSP is a remake of FFT on PSX, with some new anime CSes or and forced FFXII cameos on top of a really forced FFVII cameo. DS gets the FFTA sequel, god only knows how that will turn out.
                FFTA is bleak in comparison to FFT, as far as I'm concerned. Although I whole-heartedly support continuing the FF genre of SRPG. But I really do miss the style and very immersive plotline that FFT had and I wish they would attempt to one-up that instead of putting out the same stuff with some flare.

Comment

I'm not, because I don't own, nor do I ever intend to own a PSP.
                  Well that's your problem now isn't it?

Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II... how many more times? Really. Its the same dumbed-down Wonderswan port, only touched up with the GBA content thrown in and another new scenario/dungeon. MEANWHILE, FFVI gets a 3D remake with most of the original scenario (that was cut out in the original) added back in.
                  Agreed, but the PSP versions are stunningly beautiful. I posted screens in another thread and it's the nicest rendition of the two games yet by far.
                  Also, I wasn't terribly keen on the 3D used in FF3... I'd rather they did the same graphics upgrade that was done for FF1/2 on PSP.

I personally hated FFTA. FFT for PSP looks like a lot of fun (I own the original for PS1). Hopefully it'll have some kind of online multiplayer.

DS get the FFXII sequel,
                  Two Mana games so far
                  . Its a Wonderful World for the KH team, Dragon Quest Monsters, Dragon Quest Heros, Mario Hoops, Chocobo Tales, Dragon Quest IX ... do I need to go on here?
                  Mana is perhaps one of my favorite series of all time, but SE seems to be dead-set on killing the series off.

Dawn of Mana, while fun for an action game, does not deserve the tile of Seiken Densetsu 4. You do not make a sequel to a game that is fundamentally different from the past games and is infact in a completely different genre altogether. WTF SE? I haven't heard many good things about Children of Mana, and Heroes was pulled from the shelves of Japanese stores after only 20,000 sales. Rumor has it SE is considering canceling their World of Mana project altogether now /cry
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                    Well that's your problem now isn't it?
                    I wouldn't exactly call it a problem. I have no interest in the platform. So I don't feel that I'm missing out or anything.

Comment

Looks good to me. I don't see why SE releasing old games on new platforms is concerning anybody.

Comment

I disliked much of that trailer. Other than the wonderful graphics I am not very pleased. Only voice over I liked was Kuja's everyone else was pretty average (warrior of light and garland) or naruto (zidane...really naruto?). The music had a nice main beat but that was all, the rest of the piece was very uninteresting. Having my combat interrupted with cutscenes is a no-no; talking during fights is already bad enough. Really though, add in Maat to the villain side and I will shut my trap and buy day one full price. Currently it looks like a budget pick up just because I am a FF fan.

Looks good to me. I don't see why SE releasing old games on new platforms is concerning anybody.
                        FFI and II have been released five times though. That is a little much.
                        Last edited by Drive; 06-20-2007, 09:39 AM. Reason: 5 TIMES!!

Comment

Omgwtfbbqkitten also forgot to mention the FF4 3D remake for the DS heheh.

Anyway, while the game looks..well decent, it still isn't enough to get me to buy a PSP. While I sure wouldn't mind being able to play my PS1 games portable, there really isn't enough to out there that I've seen that would justify the cost. Besides I just modded my PS2 to play imports (KH2: FM's extras were fun, but Re: Chain of Memories is pretty awesome) so not exactly in the black right now.
                          sigpic
                          Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

FFT was better in play than FFTA, but that's no reason to judge FFTA2 just yet.

I love the maturity and politics of FFT and FFXII, but it the amount of diologue in FFT's battles made it unbearable for me to play, especially if you lost a fight and had to repeat it. There should have been ways to skip that unneeded emo babbling so I could just continue fighting. The pacing of FFT was just horrid, no matter how good the story was.

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, is a prime example of how to handle story in an SRPG. Have your story and gameplay, but for the love of all that is good, keep it the hell out of the gameplay portion. FFTA just let me play the damn game without handcuffing me to the story during gameplay.

As for FFIV, yeah, its on the DS, but the original director is on the DS project, unlike its prior incarnations on handhelds and PSX. He said that what we saw in the SNES/Famicom release was 1/4th of the original scenario and much was cut from the game due to system limitations back then. So basically, this could likely be the definitive version of FFIV.

I always did feel there was quite a bit missing from FFIV and that many plot twists were forced or felt sudden. And FFIV is one of my favorites, so I'm excited about that one.

Comment

I love the maturity and politics of FFT and FFXII, but it the amount of diologue in FFT's battles made it unbearable for me to play, especially if you lost a fight and had to repeat it. There should have been ways to skip that unneeded emo babbling so I could just continue fighting. The pacing of FFT was just horrid, no matter how good the story was.
                              No kidding. Especially in that one fight where Delita joins you in that battle at the church in chapter 4 I believe it is... lengthy as all hell.

As for FFIV, yeah, its on the DS, but the original director is on the DS project, unlike its prior incarnations on handhelds and PSX. He said that what we saw in the SNES/Famicom release was 1/4th of the original scenario and much was cut from the game due to system limitations back then. So basically, this could likely be the definitive version of FFIV.
                              That's cool, I didn't know that. All I knew was that we had some abilities taken out that were finally added back into the PSX port (like Cecil's Dark Wave). Nothing trumps poor old Xenogears though.

Xenogears is probably one of the greatest RPGs ever, but was confined to just two discs. The original game was meant to be six discs long but Squaresoft had to cut it down to two. They didn't cut out all of the content, they just changed it to those scenes where one of the characters is sitting in a chair talking with (usually) Fei's pendant or an image of what happened in the back ground.

The entirely of the game happened across several years... I wish SE could remake it on PS3 and uncut but I just don't see it happening, given the bad blood between the CT team and SE. They ditched SE for Namco after all...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X