This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom VS SNK 2

Anyone play this game? Very good fighting game, only rivaled by Guilty Gear IMO.

I use Sagat, Ken, and Iori D:
    SUICHI IS DEAD.

Re: Capcom VS SNK 2

Seriously, no one?
    SUICHI IS DEAD.

Comment

I do, what groove do you use?

I personally use C N and K Groove

C- Ken, Guile, and R2 Sagat, i do tend to swap out Guile for Kim and others once in a while, or Akuma.

I usually put Guile in first since he can mantain pressure strings without the use of a super, so in that case he can battery for my user Ken, since his level 2 cancels do massive damage. Short Short xx lvl 2 is too good although i mess up from time to time T.T And Sagat is Sagat, his level 2 cancels into Tiger Uppercuts do level 3 damage, so (but we all know he is dope ). Kim i like to learn his infinite, and Akuma lately i am just having fun with, just do c. lk x 2 xx lk hurricane, xx level 2 shoryuken super, cancel into air hurricane kick HK, (and you are FLYING in the air along with your opponent) then you land before them and you can land one more Shoryuken before the juggle count resets. It does decent damage, nothing uber but it looks freaking cool rofl.

N- Iori, Kim/Sagat, KyoR2.

Team Rushdown @_@ Iori's s.hk is great for a poke, and he builds bar and doesnt need the bar to do great damage and stun, so perfect battery, then Kim and Sagat will use it. I like to use Level 3 Phoenix Kick (the one kick super) then do the level 1 dash super since it still juggles, its just cool to do. And well kyo is just rushdown, i might switch him though since he is very offensive and has some wierd matchups without Parry or Just Defend.

K- Kim, Kyo/Cammy/Sagat and R2 Geese.

I just like Kim, sometimes people like to put Sagat first and i do semi-decent vs him since my s.hp can reach him, even though its kinda an iffy match, i like to say it beats Sagat but nothing truly beats Sagat...more even at best with the exception of Blanka or A Bison. With Kyo you do whats best with K when raged, rushdown and guardbreak super. Cammy is pretty good too, you cant do the dopey Parry xx Super but her long range pokes are awesome as hell. I pick Geese as Ratio2 because he is pretty decent(except Blanka, fock him @_@ he is so broken) against most opponents, and does alot of stun/guard break bar. If you are in K or P Groove with a lower guard break, a Jaiken special move with Rage can easily make it go half, to guard break, which means...free Deadly Rave Which also COULD mean another dizzy attempt since you can cancel the deadly rave(before blast) into s.lk x2, s.hp xx Jaiken for uber stun(check it, Jaiken although dangerous when whiffed, does bullshit stun).

So i like to rushdown Dx i just gotta get out of the habit of rushing down JUST cuz i wanna, because while its good, rushing headfirst sometimes into things means a free Custom or Super in the face @_@.
      Last edited by lionx; 06-05-2006, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I'd like the game a lot more if the tier differences wern't so drastic lol. I still like it but like 3S so much more.

Comment

You want drastic? Marvel vs Capcom 2 and SNK vs Capcom Chaos Dx thats way out there....

I would think that if you have more characters, the more its gonna be that way, but its not that bad.

Comment

Heh, I have that game. Ryu is a beast for me, Ken is sweet, and Terry is fun. But I also use Kim and Rock. Will use other characters. ;3 I have the Dreamcast version.
            Almost four years experience playing FFXI. I am a Raccoon, not a Hyena--despite my name states I am one.

Get creative and pretend these happened.
            Flaremoogles! Maester Hare HNM Fight! Charmander HNM!

Ow...

Comment

I go K groove with R2 Sagat and R2 Ken usually, I turtle back and Just Defend while throwing out a buhjillion Tiger Shots.

Then when I get meter I go in for the Tiger Genocide XD
              SUICHI IS DEAD.

Comment

R2 Nakoruru Haohmaru and Rock Howard for me... I dunno why, I originally used the characters because they were my favorites from their respective games, after using the combo for awhile I became proficient with it. I guess I just use them now because I'm not as good with other combos due to having used this one so much
                sigpic

Comment

Suichi: Lol be careful of those rolling in after Tiger Shots or Dodging or Parry @_@ That tiger shot delay is evil, and especially those who can roll cancel, they beat your tiger shot for free since they are invincible(freaking bug Dx). Rush that shit down with K Groove, you do more damage with rage and break more guard bar. R2 Sagat is too dope still T.T

Its kinda cool people still play this game @_@ i am a big fan of it. "This is true love we makin.."

Comment

I hate rolls so much.

Sagat's MK is too godly of a poke, and his HK is awesome Anti-Air, not sure if it's better than Tiger Crush though. Wasn't that called Tiger Knee though?:D

And yes, I hate Tiger Shot delay, only useful when you're a complete full screen away, then MAYBE you won't get punished. <.<;
                    SUICHI IS DEAD.

Comment

You don't use Tiger Uppercut as an anti-air move? Past Alpha 2 that move has been overpowered... and when used at the proper time it has no weakness, the only weakness the move has is human error.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a stupid knack for always doing the highest level of a DP, and when I screw up I eat damage. It's internal, I don't know why. Tiger Crush recovers fast so I never really screw up with that.

I need to practice my LP DP. <.<;
                        SUICHI IS DEAD.

Comment

Rolls...just throw them XD Try not to throw tiger shots just because they are midscreen...and of course combo into tiger shots(LOW FOR THE LOVE OF GOD) is fine.

Tiger uppercut is a good anti-air, however watch out when fighting P K and A Groovers(especially A Bison who will then proceed to Activate and shave 80% of your life for free). Basically have to mix it up >< But HP Tiger Uppercut is fine, just make sure it combos, for regular shotos lp is almost always best.

s.lk, s.lp as pokes...then s.mk to bait them to roll, then throw em. X3

Comment

I also have a stupid habit if getting Tiger Genocide off while they're in air.

..Yeah <.<

I just thought about it, and I figured I may as well do R2 Sagat and R1 Ken, with someone else. But not sure who would be good.
                            SUICHI IS DEAD.

Comment

Some good K Groove characters are :

Cammy, Theoretically P Groove is her best choice(Parry => Instant super), however her runner up groove is K Groove, because of such similiar options availible and high priority with good pokes, K Groove is one of her leading Grooves.

Geese, He has ALOT of guard crush potential, and when Raged, he can easily guardcrush even more(its totally BULL guardcrush) and link into a level 3. Just Defense helps him get in when his Mid-range abilities are lacking. You are also not limited to being knocked out of the air if you can JD good, also many top tier moves become not as safe like Sagat's FP, or Cammy's s.RH, JD and punish accordingly.

Kyo, same as Cammy, theoretically best at P Groove, however K is a strong runner up. Kyou is very offense based, so therefore safe guards like Parry and Just Defense helps you be a little more..reckless i would say, and also help him get close. Parry or JD(laggy move) and you can easily do c.mp xx qcf.mk, k, launchers into massive stun. His Kick Throw is also very good, Un-Safe Fallable, and to my knowledge i dont think you can even Tactical Recovery it. So in that case, not only does it do massive damage when you are Raged, it also means that you can set up small jump mixups upon landing this throw. Should they block low a small hop FP can easily knock em down. Cross em up with SmallJump and do FP can also mean an ambigious crossup as well so hard to block(got someone 4 times with small jump mix ups, get up and slammed back down). You can even fake em out by empty jumping afterwards on a small jump or they start blocking high....and then walk up and go into ANOTHER kick throw, which sets up more oppurtunities there. Basically once you set and mantain the pressure, the game is yours to play out for the most part. You might not even need the super if you can mantain the small jump part for most.

Rock, i dont use him, but allow me to upload a vid of his goodness >_>; My friend uses him and he is definetly up there near the Top Tier list IMO. Lol on Dunk crossover, and the power of the Evac Toss(in which i call..the God Toss @_@).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi6XzGJH83g
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPUdUc0IhJ0

Another good option is K Groove Hibiki, JD helps her ambigious crossup, and she has strong pressure strings and strong ground game. I only recently picked her up however i seen a pretty good Hibiki player around here that uses K, she has potential. Another would be Yamazaki, rushdown, and if they turtle, just run up and do the grab super, they try to jump from the corner? Gullitone them, Yama is pretty much a beast in K Groove. Other than that? Blanka and Sagat who is top in every groove just about. BTW switch that kick with a punch when you do Tiger Genocide when they are in air. It will work out alot better ;D
                              Last edited by lionx; 06-09-2006, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X