X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plague hits Wow

Originally posted by TBoTB
    Lol, the whole thing reeks of .Hack// ripoff =p. Never the less, its still pretty cool. Maybe SE will take a hint and do some type of event similar to this ;;
    this wasn't an event. this was an instance run gone sour and high level players maliciously(sp?) going back to town to spread a plague that takes off 260-350 damage every 2 seconds. an event would have been planned. this in no way was planned.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinen
      The most common way of spreading it is to get a hunter pet infected and then put them away. Then release the hunter pet in town, whalaa dead people.
      Blizzard fixed it so that warping out of the instance removed the virus from your character. Unfortunatly for the players they forgot to apply the same fix to that method.

Comment

Meh, Macht and Kuu. When I get the time to write up a intelligent response I will. Just rememberd about this thread ;3.

I will agree with one thing I guess, I keep forgetting that I am in the minority of players that has actually experinced all of Blackwing Lair (althought I haven't beaten the boss). I am almost among the few players that actually touched lower level instances at their proper level (in beta when there were level caps in place). So my view of things is far differnt. I will just toss in some more examples of ideas that SE hasn't touched, Orb of Control (have to charm a boss for the first part), The boss of Uldaman..kinda hard to explain his fight, Lyceum (shit tons of low hp monsters you have to tear through in a time limit while completing a goal), Monsters that place buffs on your that can kill other people around you.. meh... I will write a intelligent resposne when I have the time and am not intoxicated.

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

Originally posted by Chirasi
          It's quite interesting.

Sometime I wish FFXI can have some kind of town invastion event, which players must de
          fend their countery.

I agree, would be neat running around in sandy selling stuff in your bazzar,
          You have no armor or weapons cause your inv is full of stuff your selling.
          Then all of a sudden,the orcs mount a massive attack on the city.
          Forcing players to make emergency parties out of whoever is standing around,

"Arm yourselves, We must fight"...

i wonder what those who sit "AFK" all day selling stuff would think,
          about a surprise attack from a hostile force...
          A Warrior's place is not to die,

But to allow others to live.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dadelon
            I agree, would be neat running around in sandy selling stuff in your bazzar,
            You have no armor or weapons cause your inv is full of stuff your selling.
            Then all of a sudden,the orcs mount a massive attack on the city.
            Forcing players to make emergency parties out of whoever is standing around,

"Arm yourselves, We must fight"...

i wonder what those who sit "AFK" all day selling stuff would think,
            about a surprise attack from a hostile force...
            You might like it, but the general public probably not. Not everyone is sitting around wanting something new. Newbies want to level, HNMLS want their dynamis and their LS events, crafters want their craft time, etc

The problem is trying to force more then 500,000 people to think change their habit is a little hard.

That is why only non intrustive events happen. If you wanted to go out and face hords of beastmen, you goto outpost, if you want to PvP, you goto balista.

Like the WoW plague case. It's fun to laugh at the sight of people being randomly killed. it's not fun when you're caught in it, and make you want to log out because you can't even vist the AH safely.

Show consideration that not everyone followes your lead. Partying till 2am may look fun, "Why spoil it, everyone having fun?" "Because someone needs to wake up tomorrow and work, fool!"

Comment

Seems like you guys want to do garrisons to me. Similar thing except the beastmen aren't invading towns, but you're defending an area.

Title: Sergeant Major
              SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
              Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
              Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
              Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

It's reasons like these I quit WoW for FFXI. Though WoW had a far greater PVP system. The CMs were terribly lazy to hotfix problems.
                You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone dances with the Grim Reaper......

Comment

wow..... if this happened to FFXI imagine how gay MPK'ing would get

Comment

Working...
                  X