This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plague hits Wow

It's not an event. They are just trying to play it off as one. Basically a boss fight thing in a new instance they released has this aoe curse type thing and you spread it to nearby players. During the start of the fight some people warp to town and spread it and thus you have "the plague".

Comment

A plague can be cureable why not :D It's the controlable factor that makes it a plague.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
        A plague can be cureable why not :D It's the controlable factor that makes it a plague.
        Yeah, what Jei said. Otherwise we've been used the word plague in wrong context for centuries, since it isn't suppose to be cureable then a plague of locus would be incorrect since you just lay out a wide spread of a bug killer that'll get them and it cures the situation.

I'd go into the whole thing of pasturization too, but so far most scientific studies only seem to prove that the bad bacteria strands are far less to worry about then thought. Just that people freaked out more when they hear that definate death rate of 5%-10% of people that end up getting one with the bad bacteria. In the same irony many drugs now released to the public tend to have a 20%-30% death rate and yet people don't seem to worry as much about it

Must just be the damn good advertisement.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

i used to play WoW and I think it's so funny lol

in WoW death, is, well you can wait for a raise, or home point.

here's a difference though, when you HP, you are a ghost, you can choose to spawn there with a hefty item durability penalty (items have hp and become useless) or you can manuver your ghost to where you died. if you chose the 2nd option, you only loose time spent finding your body. I personally think it's very cool watching everything go from black & white to color, spreading out from you like a colorful nova. and you dont spawn (can choose not to) right at your body.

you can choose to spawn (about a bows range in FFXI) and you might have to do it a few times, but if you died at the teller at AH/bank whatever, you dont have to spawn exactly where you died.

I've had to do that when i had swam out too far or found a whole bunch of mobs had spawned while i was away.

you can also log out and play a different character, lots of servers to choose from and up to 10 chars a server. people had options. if you play night Elf you start a long ways from AH and w/ Darnassus nearly empty (compared to Stormwind or WoW's lag hell, IronForge)

well anyways, i think it was funny
          Paragon of Red Mage Excellence
          G1 (X) 2(X) 3(X) 4(X) 5(Test aquired)
          San Doria Rank 6
          ZM5, PM2-5, ToAU 1-1

Which FF Character Are You?

a male version anyways >.> ... ~.^

#2 Vivi #3 Kuja

Comment

In this case it's not just curable. I just use it as convience.

It's easy curable I guess I should say.

In WoW any high level player can be cured and any low level would be dead and thus cured from HP. Thus almost all spreading is done intentionally. The only reason it has spread is because ppl REFUSE to be cured, and go to crowded places.

As such it's should not be defined as a plague nor epidemic, rather as PK, or bluntly terrorism.

Realistically, if it happened in a real world senerio. Where someone would either die outright, or get cured. There would be no movement beyond the initial spread. The high level carrier would be cured to prevent further spread, and the low level would be..well dead, and would not spread anyway. Thus it is a simple disease.

With the locus arguement, they are hard to stop(or cure). If say in 5 years, they have a radio gadget that disperses locus, any locus would be squish with a farmer turning on a switch.

Anyway, back to lighter side, it's just pkers taking advantage of a messed up Blizzard update. I don't know why Blizzard didn't simply just close off the instance, and clean out everyone until it's patched, guess they like a good laugh themselves.
            Last edited by kuu; 09-22-2005, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Horrible game, but somehow a lot of funny things happen in it. Mostly funny because how horrible they are(Lerrrooooy)...

Comment

True it is funny maybe those players will come and play FFXI

Take The quiz yourself!

Comment

Wow, a bunch of bias idiots I see. Seriously, I don't like wow, but I do play it since it has a much more (at least now) developed endgame then FFXI. Most of you are judging a game you have little experience with.

Okay, for those of you who don't know. This plague is caused by a boss in Zul'Gurub. I want to say Hakkar (boss of the instance), but I’m honestly not sure, I've only done the instance once and I never bothered to really think about it.

The most common way of spreading it is to get a hunter pet infected and then put them away. Then release the hunter pet in town, whalaa dead people.

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

I have a idea for a "plague" in ffxi, maybe make it give you some positive effects, and you only spread it to pepole you party with, I kinda got the idea from pokemon lol, where they had some mystery sickness that pokemon very randomly and gives random effects.

Comment

yea there was another thing people did back then. warlocks were like summoners. they would get their pets cursed with a powerful spell from a boss that activates in like 20seconds. they would send their pet back and resummon them at the auction house. the spell would go off and at the auction house would go boom =D
                      TaruKabob <Can I have it>

Comment

Originally posted by leii
                        yea there was another thing people did back then. warlocks were like summoners. they would get their pets cursed with a powerful spell from a boss that activates in like 20seconds. they would send their pet back and resummon them at the auction house. the spell would go off and at the auction house would go boom =D
                        Baron Geddon, origonal person who did this was Biny of guild Afterlife on Cenarion Server, Alliance Side. I know him :3

The idea to do it originated in a IRC channel I frequent.

Comment

Way to go Blizzard, another horrible mistake made, and another way they cover it up. It's not that they do a good job of covering it up, it's just that most WoW players are complete idiots. What will Blizzard do next...

Comment

Originally posted by Impaction
                            Way to go Blizzard, another horrible mistake made, and another way they cover it up. It's not that they do a good job of covering it up, it's just that most WoW players are complete idiots. What will Blizzard do next...
                            And most FFXI players are not complete idiots? There is a reason I stopped grouping outside of my circle of friends in FFXI. Sorry if SE won't try to make fun encounters like Blizzard does. Blizzard is trying to make encounters that are differnt. Hakkar has to be the most ingenous fight I've seen in a while. To kill him you have to keep yourself posioned, thus when he siphones your life it backfires and damages him.

The entire MMO community is loaded with idiots. Hell, take a look at KI, and even these forums. They are loaded with retards.

I yearn for the days of EQ1, when I knew that 99% of the max level players were skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinen
                              And most FFXI players are not complete idiots? There is a reason I stopped grouping outside of my circle of friends in FFXI. Sorry if SE won't try to make fun encounters like Blizzard does. Blizzard is trying to make encounters that are differnt. Hakkar has to be the most ingenous fight I've seen in a while. To kill him you have to keep yourself posioned, thus when he siphones your life it backfires and damages him.

The entire MMO community is loaded with idiots. Hell, take a look at KI, and even these forums. They are loaded with retards.

I yearn for the days of EQ1, when I knew that 99% of the max level players were skilled.
                              Err you mean those promy fights that suck your buffs or HP isn't the same thing?

Heck creatively S-E has made a lot more attempts then blizard. Balista like it or hate it is a lot more collorful then straight PvP.

Actually ffxi idiots isn't that bad, depending where you are, 1 out of 5 sometimes is much better then 1 out of 3 or worse of WoW.

The point I think Impaction was making was that Blizzard could have forseen this, when it was obvious, and then makes half hearted attempts to fix it.

It's only fun and creative if you're not caught in it. I can laugh at a man failing down the steps, I can laugh at the fact that he was pushed(on tv i guess). But I don't laugh when I'm the one falling. Mass PK killing graveyard, I bet you those people aren't laughing dying over and over.
                              Last edited by kuu; 09-23-2005, 12:17 PM.

Comment

obviously Vinen you haven't fought the NMs that drop the 3 rare spheres in Promyvion-Vahzl. Each one does some tricky stuff, they will actually change element so anyone using attacks that do a certain element like Mages have to be cautious of the change. If they use the wrong spell they could end up healing him instead of hurting.

If you haven't really explored the CoP zones they you really have little ground to dispute FFs worth. Also not to mention for another Promyvion boss that can spam sleeps on you, if it starts that you'll need poison on as well to negate the sleep effect.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Working...
                                X