If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I had a Sega CD, but I never picked up Snatcher, unfortunately.
PSN ID - PaiPaiGamertag - PaiPaiMasterSteam ID: Pai Pai Master Rockman - Fairy WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41 WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1 Currently Playing: FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta
/cry I never cared for him/her.
Maybe if they made him a little less efeminate. (sp?) I dont suppose the cartwheel kick thing really helped. I'll definately buy the game either way though. Honestly, having to play as Raiden for the majority of 2 really played a part in me not enjoying it quite as much (that and the game was so freakin short).
Also, do I recall hearing Kojima said he was done with MGS after 2 or did I just make that up? It would seem he's still going strong for being retired...
I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2
meh, I didn't even play 3. when I found out about the "bee-man", it got one response from me.
W. T. F.
I loved the way the first game tied the genetic research in to the gulf war and had a very realistic tone to it (barring the whole 'giant mech' thing and that Raven guy). the second game pushed it (soldius was a Doc Oc wannabe), and 3 wen't overboard.
I'm hoping 4 will be a lot better. Although I've seen very little about it, I thought I heard osmewhere it was going to be more realistic than the previous two. -.-
EDIT: Raiden was a pansy. I did enjoy the part where the Sarge and Rose started freaking out on the radio, and Fission Mailed pwns.
I don't even see how you can say half of what you say without playing 3. The genetic research with real time feel was all throughout 3. With real footage even. And it's not like Psychomantis and Raven were all realistic or anything.
And I don't think it's that we all dislike Raiden. But more that we would rather have played as Snake in 2 yet we were forced to play as this new kid on the block. His background story is actually really cool and I can see him playing a cool role in 4.
I'm a bit turned off on how futuristic 4 is looking though. Snake's age is one thing but with it comes a lot of questions and doubt on my behalf.
We'll see though. Kojima is a crazy guy and devotes his life to his games. I'm sure he won't let it be a let down.
I agree with Nodachi. I don't hate Raiden by far. However, I'll never get over the fact that we only got to spend 30 minutes with Solid Snake in the next-generation follow up to one of the most influential videogames of all time. The rest of the time we were forced to play as a character who just simply wasn't as interesting as Solid Snake.
Metal Gear Solid 3 was much better than Sons of Liberty, but again I was upset to find that the entire game would be played by someone other than Solid Snake.
While Solid Snake looks quite different in Guns of the Patriots, I'm ecstatic that he will, hopefully, be the only playable character throughout.
While Kojima says that Raiden will be an active character throughout the course of the game, he has also said that anyone who disliked him in MGS2 will feel completely different this time around, once they see him in action.
PSN ID - PaiPaiGamertag - PaiPaiMasterSteam ID: Pai Pai Master Rockman - Fairy WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41 WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1 Currently Playing: FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta
i love mgs games but they tend to have a tad bit too much dialogue in some parts.
mgs4 looks interesting, love the futuristic setting. would love to get a ps2 remake of the first two NES metalgears though....
Originally posted by SevIfrit
we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...
However, I'll never get over the fact that we only got to spend 30 minutes with Solid Snake in the next-generation follow up to one of the most influential videogames of all time. The rest of the time we were forced to play as a character who just simply wasn't as interesting as Solid Snake.
AMEN!!
I enjoyed 3 but was disappointed with SS being playable for such a short time. I personally love twisting, turning, confusing plots that make me think.
I'm concerned about 4 though. I just have this nagging feeling that something bad is going to happen to SS early on......please please please let me be wrong!
Originally posted by Feba
But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
Originally posted by Taskmage
God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
Originally posted by DakAttack
...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.
I'm concerned about 4 though. I just have this nagging feeling that something bad is going to happen to SS early on......please please please let me be wrong!
Sorry... He's got Red Shirt (TOS)/Yellow Shirt (TNG/DS9/VOY)/Commando Shirt (Enterprise) written all over him... And that's a lot of shirts!!
Comment