Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official METAL GEAR SOLID 4 Thread!

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 - the latest in the bestselling espionage/action series from Konami made its first public "appearance" at E3 2005. However, at E3 nothing much was said about the title, other than that it was in development for the Playstation 3, and was in fact being directed by series mastermind Hideo Kojima, although previously stated that it would be written and directed by someone else, and merely produced by Kojima. Kojima went on to proudly say that the title would mark a major change in the series, and pointed out the mysterious slogan, "No Place to Hide - No Place for Hideo!", which then segwayed nicely into a video. However, this wasn't a trailer, a gameplay demo, or even a flashy tech-demo of what Kojima "believed" Metal Gear Solid would look like on the Playstation 3. Instead, it was a weird, dream-like sequence which really didn't have much to do with anything. Despite that, the video became hugely popular and everyone was assured that Metal Gear Solid 4 would be a welcome addition to the Playstation 3 lineup.

Personally, I didn't expect to see any more of MGS4 until the next E3. If anything, I thought maybe we'd catch a small glimpse of it at the Tokyo Games Show in September. However, Kojima Studios (Kojima's new subsidiary of Konami, a new development house just for his titles) recently announced that Metal Gear Solid 4 would be revealed to the public. Kojima stated that the game would make its first true public appearance at the Leipzig Games Convention, which runs from August 17-21st. (He also announced that he would reveal more about the anticipated PSP Sequel, Metal Gear Ac!d 2.) Kojima announced that he would reveal the latest developments with the PS3 title, and would even show off the first-ever released footage of the game in action.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is closer than we may think, and I'll have more on the anticipated Playstation 3 blockbuster once Kojima unveils it at the convention.
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Re: The Official METAL GEAR SOLID 4 Thread!

meh, I didn't even play 3. when I found out about the "bee-man", it got one response from me.

W. T. F.

I loved the way the first game tied the genetic research in to the gulf war and had a very realistic tone to it (barring the whole 'giant mech' thing and that Raven guy). the second game pushed it (soldius was a Doc Oc wannabe), and 3 wen't overboard.

I'm hoping 4 will be a lot better. Although I've seen very little about it, I thought I heard osmewhere it was going to be more realistic than the previous two. -.-

EDIT: Raiden was a pansy. I did enjoy the part where the Sarge and Rose started freaking out on the radio, and Fission Mailed pwns.
    Last edited by Cavalier; 07-25-2005, 04:05 PM.

Comment

ooo 4 is coming out soon!? woot woot.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Damn, I never finished 3. I fought the sniper guy once and didnt beat him. Turned it off and havent turned it back on since. Hmm, should I go back and beat it, or just get someone to tell me the whole story of it.
        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I never got far in MGS3, so I think I'll wait for MGS Substitence
          RDM75| DRG75

Comment

The MGS4 Trailer with PS2 Engine is HILARIOUS

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/vids_1.html
            My Character: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?12244

Genkai 1: (X)
            Genkai 2: (X)
            Genkai 3: ( )
            Genkai 4: ( )
            Genkai 5: ( )

AF 1 (X)
            AF 2 (X)
            AF 3 (X)
            AF 4 (X)
            AF 5 (X)
            AF 6 (X)

Goals:

-Get Hauby
            -Get THF to 37
            -Get WAR to 37
            -Complete G3

Comment

Yeah, I never got in to MGS3. I just didn't have the time for such a complicated game.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
              Personality Tests

Comment

Your seriously missing out if you didnt complete MGS3... I think its the best one so far.

I absolutely love it, played it about 4 times through now X.x

Genkai 1 -Completed-
                Genkai 2 -Completed-
                Genaki 3 -Completed-
                Genkai 4 -Meh-
                Genkai 5 -Meh-

100% Purple!

Comment

Okay so I was really bored and sitting around on PS3updates.com when the page reloaded and I got really pissed off 'cuz I was concentrated on an article from PSM.

My anger was soon relieved when I found out that the page refreshed because a news item was posted...an interview with Hideo Kojima regarding Metal Gear Solid 4, complete with a magazine scan...with PICTURES!

My guess is that these images are taken from the realtime trailer that will be shown at TGS in just 2 days.

We can extract the following information from the interview:

- Seeing from the first glace of these pictures, the world of MGS4 is a war field.
                  Maybe this time the mission would become "infiltrate the enemy base" or "infiltrate the battle field of several forces". The identifications of the forces are unknown currently.

- The name of the mysterious Mech is "Metal Gear MK-II".
                  We can assume that the video captured by the camera on its head will be transferred to the device on the left side. Now, a mech with the same name was present in the game "Snatcher".

- The maker/terminator of the Metal Gear, scientist Otacon.
                  The scientist rescued by Snake in MGS1, then became the partner on equipment and missions. If he will show up in MGS4, then is the old man THE Solid Snake?

- The 2-foot walking weapon in the picture
                  The strange walking weapon in the street. The shape looks like the Metal Gear REX from MGS1. Could be a mass-produced sub-model?

- Mr. Kojima
                  Then we are trying to add "Psychological War". So far, the enemy soldiers in the game solely tries to attack. This is really unrealistic. The psychological state of a human can be affected, thus making the fixate vary. Players can makes use of this to reduce the combat ability of the enemies.

Raiden will be very active in MGS4

Taken from PS3updates.com, scanned by Ian Fisher.
                  Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Here is a link to the trailer.

http://tallah.org/video/mgs4.wmv

Konami will have a better video up on the official MGS4 website soon.
                    Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Snake is really older... man..
                      RDM75| DRG75

Comment

haha he still looks badass but they did age him quite a bit.. looks in his early 60's

Originally posted by SevIfrit
                        we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

Well, all that smoking has taken a major toll on his health. He was 30-40 years old in the original MGS game, he's probably in his mid-late 50s by now.
                          Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

"It's equiped with a cell processor"

Shameless promotion Otakon!

Comment

anyone ever played snatcher by the way? Old konami game that Kojima had a hand in.. it was actually pretty good. They released it on sega CD a few years back.

Originally posted by SevIfrit
                              we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

Working...
                              X