Originally posted by Caspian
View Post
You people laugh, except Canada's economy is very heavily tied to the U.S.
That's why even though we never technically went into a recession like you guys did after the 2008 crash, we still got hit hard as a side effect of your fuck up and are still paying the price for it. Basically, until things get better in the U.S., they aren't going to improve much here either. Especially not with Harper cutting back on all the govt jobs. I'm fucked for post-secondary schooling, because of shit that happened back in highschool I'm really not comfortable discussing outside of family and close friends that pretty much left me emotionally and psychologically crippled for a long time and my grades suffered horribly as a result of that. On top of that, my folks never put aside ANY money for it, so I've been forced to make due with what I've been able to save up on my own.
I had a pretty cushy govt job a while back, though the work kinda irked me a little in terms of ethics and when my contract ran out I wasn't entirely upset, though I am to this date still very annoyed that I haven't gotten any further jobs despite regularly being updated via e-mail telling me I'm still in the top-billing for a number of positions. At this point, while I'm trying to pursue this whole streaming/youtube thing (because it's increasingly looking like one of the few real options I've got left and it's something I'd genuinely love to do) I'd be grateful for anything that pays decently and challenges me on some level - I'll take a shitty retail job, but I hate it with a passion because of how monotonous and mind-numbing it is (outright soul crushing too at times with how assholish the people around where I live are. Seriously fuck this town...)


Leave a comment: