Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that make you smile - the anti-peeve thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Little things that make you smile - the anti-peeve thread.

Windows 10 will be bringing back the Start Menu :D
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Will it be getting rid of the touch-screen interface as well and herald the triumphant return of the sensible interface that was Windows 7?
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

You're given the choice, apparently, between a more classic style or the newer style but everything you open runs in it's own "desktop window" or whatever. It does look pretty nice tbh, much better than the pile of crap 8 was.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I don't mind Windows 8.

Upon startup, I click on the desktop and treat it like a normal Windows OS. The only difference was the start menu, which didn't take that long to get used to. I don't find it laggy or bloated. The only complaint I have is that PDFs open up in a separate app and not on the desktop so I have to switch between, but it's so minor I really can't be arsed to care that much about it, especially since I don't open them that often.

Then again, Windows 10 will be cool. I just wonder if Microsoft forgot how to count?
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

You can set up Windows 8 to open up to your desktop by default.

I actually really like the Windoes 8 Start Menu because you an actually FIND things. Things being in alphabetical order along with a search function that is actually useful, and the Command Line being immediately accessible (Unlike every single version of Windows since Windows 95 where finding it is a chore).

Only real complaint I have about Windows 8 is that the Calculator always opens up in a separate fullscreen application, and I have no idea how to turn it to windowed or windowed fullscreen.
            Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
            Reiko Takahashi
            - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

windows key + R, cmd
              Running command line has not been difficult for a long time.

Windows 7: windows key + start typing the thing you're looking for, BOOM it is found. Again, finding things has not been difficult for years.

I'm not seeing any benefits being listed here, only drawbacks.
              Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
              Name: Drjones
              Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

My dad's side of the family got together this weekend to recreate a photo from 42 years ago.

Obviously, my grandmother can't carry my uncle anymore (hell she can barely stand at this point) but they got a lot of the details pretty close. And I'm impressed by the fact that all of my dad's siblings managed to gather together in one place. It doesn't happen very often. And for those who are wondering, my dad is the one in the top right who looks absolutely thrilled to be there.
                sigpic

Comment

Your dad is absolutely thinking "this was lame the first time we did it"

Comment

Haha, he totally is. I think he was 19 in that first picture. And I remember being 19 and thinking everything to do with my family was stupid as fuck.

Actually, I'm 33 and I still think that sometimes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Is he wearing a Henley with a hood in that first picture?

Comment

I'm not sure what a Henley is, but I don't think whatever he's wearing has a hood. I could be wrong though.
                        sigpic

Comment

Shameless steal from BG:
                          sigpic

Comment

Honeycrisp apples
                            75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                            RANK 10 Bastok
                            CoP: Done
                            ZM: Done
                            ToA: Done
                            Assault rank: Captain
                            Campaign Medal: Medals
                            Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                            This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ for Nintendo 3DS TVCM3 - YouTube
                              Originally posted by Armando
                              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                              Originally posted by Armando
                              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                              Matthew 16:15

Comment

Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

Working...
                                X