Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that make you smile - the anti-peeve thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Little things that make you smile - the anti-peeve thread.

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    With the expansion, yes, you get one free, but you can spend another $60 bucks for each subsequent one. I'm not really planning to do a buttload of them, but I was excited to give my Hunter a boost since she was stuck in Outland (which I like to refer to as WoW Purgatory because you never know if you're ever gonna leave).

Super excited for the expansion though, too bad it's gonna be like six more months.

But the mount that came with is super pretty Pics on my WoW blog
    There's an extra incentive to actually pay for the boost as wekl since at 60+ all your professions get maxed out. Yes Blizzard actively encouraged you to skip Outland and Northrend now.

And of course the boost costs $67 in the UK because fuck you non-'Murricans.
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Well your currency is stronger than ours, not much you can do about that.

1-60 can be done over a weekend anymore, then when you get to Outland it all comes to a dead screeching halt. So yeah I considered the professions when I did the boost, too. That toon had Leatherworking and without a considerable backing of gold, I was having a hell of a time amassing the mats to push through it. It really was a complete winner, though I might have also considered my Rogue, Shaman, or Druid for boost as well.

Ran around on my Hunter last night and I have no fucking idea what I'm doing. I have to make some gold for glyphs and gems and do some enchants on my main to send over. Should be fun, though the main thing I want to do is farm AQ40 for the transmog set I want.

- - - Updated - - -

Tax refund hit the bank account today.

Giggity.
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

When the currency is higher that technically means people should be paying less not more for stuff. For whatever stupid reason though it just doesn't work that way.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Maybe I have that backwards then? Idk everything in the UK is more expensive than the US, I went to order something off eBay for like £399 and when I did the conversion it was like $640, I never "noped" so hard in my life.
          sigpic

Comment

No you don't, the pound is worth more than the dollar (euro is as well I believe) and yet stuff is more expensive...
            sigpic

Comment

That sucks. They must have some ridiculous taxes or something.
              sigpic

Comment

Even if you factor in Tax is makes little sense most of the time. Most retailers are smart and just give the equivalent price in dollars including VAT.

It's worst with Video Games. One of the biggest reasons for region locking given by devs is to exploit the crap out of the fact that €60 is more than $60 and £60 is a LOT more than $60. They rarely convert the price, they just charge the same number of units. So a $60 will be £60 in the UK which is the equivalent of $100.

Atlus are pretty notorious for this and fully admit it is why they region lock games now, basically to gouge Japanese and European customers that just wait for the US Release because Importing it is much cheaper even if you get nailed with a ton of import taxes. It's also why US releases of anime Blu-Rays never happen to screw over Japanese people that wait for the US release because it will be much cheaper, and in the same Blu-Ray region. It's also why Japanese DVD releases no longer carry English subtitles; a lot of people from the UK were importing from Japan to avoid being gouged by the prices at UK release because putting up with Fansub quality subtitles was always preferable to paying twice the price as everyone else (the UK and Japan are in the same DVD region).

TESO and WOW give great examples actually:

What the TESO Imperial Edition costs in the US: $100
                What the TESO Imperial Edition cost me: £90 including Tax
                What that is in 'Murrica Money: $150

What the WOW Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition costs in the US: Unannounced but if it's like the rest it will be $50-60
                What WOW Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition cost me: £50 Including tax
                What that is in 'Murrica Money: $83

That said, £40 for the 90 boost does include tax, so knocking off the VAT, it costs us £32, or $53 before tax. It's just £8 equated to about $13 so once you tag that on...
                Last edited by Firewind; 03-12-2014, 10:44 AM.
                Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                Reiko Takahashi
                - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Crap! I've been musical'd! Finally saw Frozen today. Now I can't stop humming "Let It Go"!
                  sigpic

Comment

OMG IT'S SO GREAT ISN'T IT?

I am obsessed with that movie. And I fucking want Elsa's dress.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've been singing "Let it go" at work for the past couple of weeks. Sure could use some backup singers!

Comment

I've been singing it in Spanish and English, and sometimes parts of it in German (though not much). I love the foreign versions of it.
                        sigpic

Comment

I went and bought the soundtrack right upon leaving the movie theater.
                          sigpic

Comment

You might enjoy this, then:

Honest Trailers - Frozen - YouTube

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                            WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm partial to this one:

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X