This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Help Wanted] Melody's Plight

Hey there people, I am not sure if this is real or not, but I have downloaded a file off youtube. It's a 2012 Microsoft Point Generator. I watched the video. Now here's the problem. You get access to the file and you can download it. But when you open it, it has a readme with a website with the password. Now here's my problem, you go to the website and then you go to download it a survey pops up. Blocking your access. It's like being slapped in the face, now I am looking for someone with cracking expertise who can get that pesky file out of the WinRar Archive and keep it in tact without it being damaged. I also want to see proof that it works. If someone can do this for me I'll give up the code to a Destrier Beret a friend gave me last night. I've tried multiple Winrar crackers, only to give up in frustration out of not knowing the possible outcome of the password. If there is a program out there that will remove the password completely and not harm the file inside that'd be lovely.

Reward Requirements
    -File Must be extracted and UNDAMAGED, any file damaged will result in the code being forfeit
    -Must see proof of the code generator working from another source
    -I would like to see what method you used to extract the file unharmed

If this is innapropriate a moderator can delete/lock this thread at anytime.

Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Re: [Help Wanted] Melody's Plight

Even J9 is looking down on you.

Comment

That's nice. Don't care. : ) I don't care about people who's perception of reality includes talking inanimate objects.
      Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

Melody... orz
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

The real solution is to use a credit card on XBL or go to the store and buy a points card.

The latter is generally the safest method.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil
            Originally posted by Nandito
            Ponies.

Duh.
            You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Melody, since no one above has explained this to you, I'm going to take a moment and spell it out, because it's good general advice for getting through Life without getting sodomized over the internet:

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT IS.

That file is most likely a keylogger or some other nasty virus, and you are probably already infected.

Step 1: Check your antivirus software and see if it can detect it.

Step 2: If your antivirus software doesn't detect it, it's probably wrong and you should submit a sample of the file to the developer of the software so they can check it out personally and add it to the virus definitions.

Step 3: Stop being so gullible, or you're going to have some very "fun" times ahead of you as people start hijacking your identity, your credit card, your bank account, etc.

/sermon

Icemage

Comment

In addition to what Icemage said, a sufficiently long password can take years to crack, and "sufficiently long" is quite easy to do. If the password has 15+ characters with a mix of uppercase/lowercase and numbers you're not going to crack it this year no matter what program you use.

Comment

Working...
                X