Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube Education (attn: Taskmage)

EDU - YouTube

Just noticed this, looks fairly new. Either way, hadn't heard of it before.

You're welcome, Lago.

Re: Youtube Education (attn: Taskmage)

sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

What's funny?
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Khan Academy is the real deal. Real (high level) scholastic tutorials, offered for free. It's heavily backed by the Gates Foundation (i.e. Bill Gates's philanthropic organization).

Heard about it a year or so ago, and I point people to it from time to time when I think they'll benefit from it. Cool stuff.

Icemage

Comment

there's a ton of projects like this, but I think Youtube has a lot more potential to get something going than non-profit groups and universities, honestly.

Comment

Khan Academy is the real deal.
            I second this. I checked it out a while back and found it very useful.

Comment

Personally, I prefer iTunes U. One thing I like is the ability to subscribe to a whole course and download it for viewing offline later. Also iTunes keeps track of what you have already watched.

Also good to remember, a lot of the universities that have made lectures available also make a lot of the course material available for download.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Ok, I just came across this -

Deadline Approaches For Registration In Stanford's Free CS Classes - Slashdot
              More free online courses

"Stanford University is offering some computer science classes for free. This has been discussed here twice before. The classes begin on Oct. 10th. At this point in time I'm aware of Stanford offering an Intro to Databases course, an Intro to AI course, and a Machine Learning course."

These are different than the SEE (Stanford Engineering Everywhere) lectures that are available on their site and through iTunes U, (BTW, I do recommend the Introduction to Computer Science courses if you want to learn some programming). These three new online classes are whole online classes. You participate and submit projects and write exams. If you complete the course, you will get a completion certificate and feedback relating to your performance.
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Funny you should mention that, I signed up for their Intro to AI course. Didn't bother to check if they had others.

Comment

Just signed up for the Intro to Databases course.

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                  WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

This is some pretty cool stuff. I'll have to take a more in-depth look later.
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

So who all signed up for stuff?
                      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                        Khan Academy is the real deal. Real (high level) scholastic tutorials, offered for free. It's heavily backed by the Gates Foundation (i.e. Bill Gates's philanthropic organization).

Heard about it a year or so ago, and I point people to it from time to time when I think they'll benefit from it. Cool stuff.

Icemage
                        Khan Academy

My daughter watched a few vids and immediately understood those concepts in pre-algebra w/o batting an eyelash.

Comment

it's been really hard for me to understand all those math stuff, but some of these youtube channels are really helpful, especially preparing you for various exams. For instance, when I decided to pass Cisco certification exam, I've discovered CCNA DUMPS and these guys are real professionals, I mean, they managed to fully prepare me and I passed this exam with succes, which was actually impressive as I failed so many tests during my whole period of studies. Great servicing!
                          Last edited by FelicityHughes; 07-26-2020, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X