21 OCTOBER 2011 Y people panic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: 21 OCTOBER 2011 Y people panic

The date listed prominently at the top of the article is April 1, 2011. Is the April Fools Day thing a coincidence, or not?

If it IS a coincidence & these people are making cash money off gullible sheeple, I'm all for it. I love animals. I ain't getting raptured. I can haz money? I'm really more of an atheist-leaning agnostic than a 100% certified atheist -- but for enough money, I'd be willing to claim 100% atheism.

ETA: I just found an article about the company from way back in 2009 (not April Fools Day).
    Last edited by NightShayde; 05-19-2011, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Again... Mhurron... this article is interesting. If not to you, it is to others. So my opinion that this site is interesting stands as correct and your justiied opinion remains self centered and again... just an opinion. Enjoy your day.
      FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
      FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
      aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Everyone knows all dogs go to heaven... everyone. Right Charlie?

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
        99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
        99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

If the rapture doesn't happen, people gotta get all hysterical for Dec. 21st 2012.

Well, some already are. Then there's 2019 (I think that's the year), where that meteor could be a near miss and if it doesn't get us its back in 2036 for another try. That's not counting hackers activating nukes and starting WWIII or some viral outbreak happening. Then there's the people worried about the polar icecaps and climates changing

There are still plenty of opportunities for an apocalypse or people just getting others worked up for the sake of fear-mongering and control. Some people have picked their poison while others don't give a shit about any of it.

I think part of it is having a sense of control over life, too, which no one ultimately has but its never stopped humans from being arrogant enough to think they do.

Comment

My view is honestly that if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen, nothing we can do about it. I'm not going to suddenly change who I am because I think the world is going to come to an end. I could step out of my apartment and get hit by a bus tomorrow, same thing, I cease to exist with our without the world going with me, you know? No point in fucking worrying about it.

I find it ridiculous how people suddenly try to make peace with life or with god just because they think the end is near - be it some disease they have, some accident, or some belief that the world is going to end. Death can hit you at any time, I don't understand why people can't always be prepared for such a thing. It's like cramming a few hours before the final exam. I guess it makes people feel better about it? But if you make peace with it long before it happens, it'll be a lot less painful.

But then again, I don't exactly have what most would call a healthy view on life.
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Wait, only three days?

Comment

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Edit: moved
                Last edited by Yygdrasil; 05-19-2011, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Too small, couldn't read.

(I've seen it before, but where is that being hosted that resized it so damn small?)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                    Too small, couldn't read.

(I've seen it before, but where is that being hosted that resized it so damn small?)
                    photobucket friggin ruined it

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can tell photobucket to fuck off and not resize your shit, can't you?
                      sigpic

Comment

I think I fixed it.

fixed?

Edit: Nvm, didn't work.

Comment

fixed

Comment

Guess people got tired of waiting for 2012 and wanted to have an End of the World event this year too, eh?
                            sigpic
                            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Well maybe if enough people kill themselves in preparation for this, there will be more jobs for the rest of us.
                              sigpic

Comment

I hope the mass suicides do the job correctly. I'm working A&E this weekend and the weekend shifts are manic with the drunks and crazies as it is. I won't appreciate an even bigger baclog of patients the 4hr rule is hard to adhere to at the best of times.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Working...
                                X