A little sig assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little sig assistance

Alright, I have something in mind for a sig and have the picture ready, but I don't have anything like photoshop to add words to the picture. Can anyone here help with that? For font, I'm thinking Monotype Corsiva, or something similar. And it should be white.

Image: here
    Text: "Don't worry..." "I'll watch over you..." (with or without quotations. not sure)

And I would like to have two versions made. One just as the picture is and another with the image brightened. I don't want it so bright it looks like daytime though, just enough to make it a little more clear.

Also.. I'm not sure if it's possible, but if you could somehow shift the focus so it doesn't look like the taru is the one doing the talking, that might be nice. But I don't really know how you can do that.

And if you want to take the time to do other fancy stuff like making the letters glow, go ahead and try that.

Re: A little sig assistance

Well I didn't really make the sig, but I did kinda clean that pic up a little bit and changed the brightness and contrast. Maybe I'll get un-lazy later or something.

Pic (link removed)
    Last edited by Ameroth; 07-14-2007, 04:59 PM. Reason: removed url

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
    ------
    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Hm, that might work. I wouldn't want it any brighter than that though. Maybe even a bit darker actually.

Comment

Also, I've noticed how the colors are somewhat distorted, since I saved it in the paint program. If it will help, I can send you an email with the original image and you can try your hardest to get it down to the right size (440x181 not including border) and cut the image the same way.

But even after that, if I save it in paint again I will get the same effect. Any way to avoid this?

Comment

Don't save it in paint?
          Originally posted by Armando
          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
          Originally posted by Armando
          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
          Matthew 16:15

Comment

But where else could I save it? I have never used anything other than paint.

Comment

Photoshop ftw.

And Take two.

------

Comment

Better than the first, but the border got darkened with that one too. But I can fix that. I might go with that one, but I would like to see maybe one more version that's even darker. Like about half way between that one and how the image originally looked.

Comment

And Ameroth said "Let there be DARK!"

------

Comment

Too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Howler View Post
                      Too far.
                      Ya I know. But I don't have time to readjust the brightness/contrasts to within a tenth of a percent of the preferred brightness. Srsly tho. Get Photoshop (that's on you on how to get it), learn it, and create to your heart's content.

------

Comment

Well this technically isn't my computer, so I would like to not install too much equipment for me that no one else will use. And it's not like I'm asking for much either. Look at most of the other sigs around here and compare those to what I'm asking for. All I want is text, and possibly the image brightened a little. That's it. And I'm sure there is a least one person here who wouldn't mind doing something so simple.

Comment

Paint.NET or Gimp. Both completely free and very good.

Comment

How's this?
                            Attached Files
                            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Not bad. Although I already went ahead and made my own. XP

I wasn't sure about word placement though. I might make my name a brighter shade of blue. Might brighten the image altogether, but just a tad.

The text effect on yours is cool, but it's a little harder to read. And I like
                              simplicity too.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X