"plz"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "plz"

Maybe its just me, but in shouts when people are asking for help, they use "plz" a lot it seems. I dunno about other people, but personally, if I see that they didn't even take the time to spell out "please" or use the auto-translater, why should I take the time helping them?

Maybe I'm just an asshole, but I had to say it...
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Re: "plz"

N0rm4lly 1 try 4nd us3 4ut0 tr4nsl4t0r 4s much 4s p0ss1bl3, 4nd 1 try t0 us3 pr0p3r 3ngl1sh but c0mp4r3d t0 0th3r g4m3s FFX1 1s n0t b4d 4b0ut us1ng l33t 4nd s0m3t1m3s sp4c3 1s 4t 4 pr3m1um 1n sh0uts.
    But I think people should try and use proper language in shouts as much as possible not to appease you, but because not every one can understand all the internet abbreviations.
    W

btw Im not good at accually typeing l33t I was just useing a website to do it for me.
    Last edited by Thrasher; 09-20-2006, 06:01 PM.

Comment

You know, I lurk around couple conputer graphics websites. And none of the english speaking users ever type "plz" there.

But whenever some non-english posters post something, they really like to use "plz."
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

You're not alone Susurrus. I refuse to help people that use "plz" (unless I know it's a joke - I sometimes use it myself when I'm being sarcastic).

I know people like to use the excuse of "well it works on a cell phone"; but honestly, you're using a real keyboard to type, not that 10-key monstrosity that's on your cell phone...

Icemage

Comment

Forget this post.
          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
            You're not alone Susurrus. I refuse to help people that use "plz" (unless I know it's a joke - I sometimes use it myself when I'm being sarcastic).

I know people like to use the excuse of "well it works on a cell phone"; but honestly, you're using a real keyboard to type, not that 10-key monstrosity that's on your cell phone...

Icemage

You can't be for certain! It could be one of these!

~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I feel your pain. I have a hard time using simple things like lol most of the time, unless it's set up like "I lol'd". People that say plz ingame don't bother me most of the time, it's the ones that use intertron shorthand while on forums that really bother me. You've got time to type out properly on a forum, whereas ingame you might not have that extra second or two to capitalize and punctuate.

On the opposite end, people that criticize others or refuse to offer help to those who do not conform to their idea of correct internet grammar need to get over themselves. I've also found that most of the people who do behave this way have a giant stick planted firmly where the sun does not often shine.

I think the people that overuse the translator need to be beaten with an oar. They're even worse than the Mightier than thou grammar whores. Seeing {Hello!} {Linkshell} from someone who knows full well that everyone else speaks English infuriates me. I can understand for certain terms, like Sauromugue Champaign or Bostaunieux Oubliette but my God...I want to punch infants whenever I see that.
              sigpic

Comment

Whenever I see someone shouting for help on something I can handle, I just ignore them if I see anything like "plz." You're in town, you should have no trouble typing it out or using the autotranslator. If you don't want to take the time to ask for help in am intelligent way, I don't want to take the time to help you.

If someone is running toward me, mob in tow yelling "help plz" I'll take care of the mob for them. It's very understandable in that situation that they are trying to run while typing, which can be hard to do.

Depends on the situation, I guess.

I have found that sticking with this method I don't have any friends that I want to strangle.
                Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
                I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyclown View Post
                  I think the people that overuse the translator need to be beaten with an oar. They're even worse than the Mightier than thou grammar whores. Seeing {Hello!} {Linkshell} from someone who knows full well that everyone else speaks English infuriates me. I can understand for certain terms, like Sauromugue Champaign or Bostaunieux Oubliette but my God...I want to punch infants whenever I see that.
                  While I agree with not helping people when I see "plz" I definitely agree with you here, I mean I had someone formerly in my LS and...she couldn't type a -single- sentence without the auto-translator, not even kidding in the least ._. She'd say something like {Hello!} {man}! Whenever someone came in, and if anyone logged, it was always {Good bye.} {Take care.} {See you again!} {Good night!}...all in one sentence...instead of just saying "G'night :D" She also used the auto-translator for like parts of words...best example I can think of right now is "Don't you have any {man}ners?" >_> I mean seriously, why? @_@ I agree with the infant punching as far as this goes...(I dunno how to change the colors on the {}'s x_x)

But yea, people that say plz, I avoid helping unless I know them, cause otherwise, I'd prefer seeing the actual word and if that's bad, then oh well :x

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Working...
                  X