Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

Originally posted by Feba View Post
    A-dingdingding. The reward is killing AV, his drops are secondary.
    Fuck it, I'll just tell a GM or the devs I could care less about killing Absolute Virtue, and they can just hand over the drops.

Simple, easy, I go home happy.

Comment

Re: 2008 Premier Site Summit . . . OR, Why Has Not Anybody Made a Thread On This Yet?

I must say I agree with TM here.
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
        Is the occasionally attacks twice effect in those weapons Aftermath? Or do they all attack that way 24/7?
        This is a very good question. Since the people that got to play with the weapons were given a regain effect that allowed them to spam the WS, so as far as they could probably tell it was on all the time, but the precedent of text formatting on other items would make it aftermath-only. If so and the duration of aftermath is not very long as BP said, that'd be very disappointing. Murgleis would only be superior to Joyeuse in situations where we can spam TP.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I maintain my position, to hell with that video. SE did nothing but play a cruel prank on the FFXI populace. The answer is not there, plain and simple.

On topic with the weapons; I hope that the blm weapon does not rely on us using a weaponskill, that would be a slap to the face as we do not melee except maybe in campaign and beseiged for kicks.
          sigpic

Comment

Unless the Enspell dmg was improved greatly by Aftermath's M.Att/Acc I'd rather have enhanced Fast Cast effect instead, or melee acc/att.

Edit > And like with Divine Veil, I would've rather seen the Convert enhancement as a meritable trait instead of a Relic reward. ; ;
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
              FFS I'm on the same side of an argument as Malacite

I'm at a loss here. /joy or /cry?

EDIT: Also,

and

EDIT: Found it
              Last edited by Malacite; 07-28-2008, 07:52 AM.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I apologize. As angsty as I've been lately you'd think I was 13.
                Last edited by Taskmage; 07-28-2008, 07:48 AM. Reason: again*
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I apologize. As angsty as I've been lately you'd think I was 13.
                  Truth is not a defense, TM.

Comment

This is a very good question. Since the people that got to play with the weapons were given a regain effect that allowed them to spam the WS, so as far as they could probably tell it was on all the time, but the precedent of text formatting on other items would make it aftermath-only. If so and the duration of aftermath is not very long as BP said, that'd be very disappointing. Murgleis would only be superior to Joyeuse in situations where we can spam TP.
                    Everything I've seen has stated that the DA effect is only active during Aftermath, not 100% verified obviously, however per the standard with conditional stats on gear everything that follows 'Condition:' on the stat lists is under that condition, anything active fulltime is before the 'Condition:' text.
                    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Truth is not a defense, TM.
                      His 14th birthday was yesterday; cut him some slack.
                      "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Cotners View Post
                        I maintain my position, to hell with that video. SE did nothing but play a cruel prank on the FFXI populace. The answer is not there, plain and simple.
                        Or it could be tattooed to our freaking retinas during the video, and we are all too thickheaded to see it.

Like I said earlier, if S-E just went and told us, we all would be like, "AAAUUGGHHH, WHY DIDN'T WE SEE THIS BEFORE?!?!? IT WAS SO SIMPLE, SO OBVIOUS, SO *STUPID*!!!!!" Would you rather have that feeling of frustration of being told how you could possibly beat a mob that will probably still own you anyways, and all within the timespan of 10 hours, if you're lucky?

Anyways, weird thread is weird. I don't think anywhere else have I seen Feba, 'kitten, and myself opposing Balfree, BP, Cotners, Malacite, Lmnop, and TM of all people!
                        Originally posted by Armando
                        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                        Matthew 16:15

Comment

The only thing that's really weird about that is the Feba factor. Kitten opposing the majority isn't that odd, and neither is you following his opinion. Malacite and TM being on the same side would be odd, if there weren't also plenty of other people on that side.

Without Feba, this thread would be much less strange. But then, without feba, so would everything else.

Would life really be worth living?

Comment

The only thing that's really weird about that is the Feba factor. Kitten opposing the majority isn't that odd, and neither is you following his opinion. Malacite and TM being on the same side would be odd, if there weren't also plenty of other people on that side.

Without Feba, this thread would be much less strange. But then, without feba, so would everything else.

Would life really be worth living?
                            There must needs be opposition in all things.
                            sigpic

Comment

The way this thing started was TM disagreeing with me, and you are right the it isn't that surprising that the majority would follow him. The only problem with that is he was on the minority for a brief period at the beginning of the thread when you happened to oppose TM, which incidentally put us on the same side.

Kitten would later join you, but that was after you would disorient and scare TM with the weirdness that is indeed the Feba factor. Shortly after that, Malacite decided he would take TM's camp, very much to TM's chagrin when he realized he was on the same side as Malacite, of all people. Yea, things were looking very grim for the Lagomorph, with the camps being you, me, and Kitten versus TM and Malacite.

However, later with various minor supporting posts, TM's side would soon triple in size, leaving our own the 2:1 minority from then on. However, TM has recently apologized for being angsty, so we really don't know what's going to happen here.

The weird things about this are BP and I being on the opposite sides; BP on the same side as Malacite, TM on the same side as Malacite, heck, the majority on the same side as Malacite, for that matter; Kitten being not only on the same side as you, but the same side as myself, as well (even though you and I aren't on opposite sides very often). Those are all the weird and unusual things about this thread.
                              No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                              Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                              GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                              However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                              Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                                and you are right the it isn't that surprising that the majority would follow him.
                                That isn't what I said. TM can be a douche sometimes. Rarely, but sometimes.

What I said was that Malacite and TM being on the same team would be odd, because they're very much opposites in intelligence. It WOULD be odd, if not for the fact there are plenty of OTHER people that ALSO have that opinion. As in, it negates the fact that Malacite thinks that.

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                                TM has recently apologized for being angsty, so we really don't know what's going to happen here.
                                Yellow Mage, you... you are not very observant.

Comment

Working...
                                X