Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pai Pai's OFFICIAL Big-Ass E3 2007 Thread

Sony's Big E3 Announcements:

-Over 160 PS2 games coming this next fiscal quarter.
    -Over 140 PSP games coming this fiscal year.
    -FINAL FANTASY Tactics: The War of the Lions and Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles shipping this fall.
    -New PSP model coming this fall. 33% lighter and 19% slimmer, longer battery life and faster load times.
    -New PSP model can output directly to TVs for media playback, including games.
    -PlayStation Home beta in full swing, open beta coming in Fall, Home confirmed to have launchable online gameplay for any game.
    -Sony aims to ship 11 million PS3 units this year.
    -NCsoft signed on with Sony to create multiple exclusive titles, based on existing and new IPs.
    -Ubisoft's Haze confirmed as PS3 exclusive this year. (Through Q1 2008)
    -Sony is working with Epic Games to optimize Unreal Engine 3 fully for the unique PS3 architecture, for the use of other developers.
    -Epic's Unreal Tournament 3 confirmed as PS3 exclusive this year. In addition, the PS3 version will support PC user mods. Launches in November.
    -METAL GEAR SOLID 4: Guns of the Patriots will ship worldwide exclusively for PS3 in early 2008.
    -(The trailer was amazing, by the way.)
    -Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Heavenly Sword, LittleBigPlanet, and Uncharted: Drakes Fortune reconfirmed for 2007.
    -Sucker Punch (Sly Cooper Series) developing a new superhero sandbox game called Infamous, scheduled for release in 2008.
    -Gran Turismo 5 Prologue coming soon with full online capability.
    -To reiterate, Killzone 2 looks incredible.
    Last edited by Pai Pai Master; 07-11-2007, 12:19 PM.
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Pai Pai, are you as bored with this as I am? Quit showing us trailers, give us real time playing of these games...
      -Baka Inu!
      Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
      Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
      Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
      Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post
        Sony's Big E3 Announcements:

-Sony aims to ship 11 PS3 million units this year.

This post is currently being updated.
        PS3,000,000? When did they come out with that? And does it cost like 6 billion dollars? @_@ And lol, as the PS number gets bigger, the shipments shrink. XD

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Some of those games looked really great.

Killzone 2 the most.

Comment

lol sorry, I'll fix that.

That was incredible, I will say.

Except that Chewbacca thing was odd and random.
            Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

I'd have to say I'm not impressed, no Final Fantasy 13, nothing of interest, except for MGS4 being exclusive (most likly timed, as there was no ps3 logo at the end of the MGS4 trailer).

All in all, in terms of information, I'd have to say the Wii did great, with Microsoft in a close second, followed lastly by the Sony conference. We'll see what happens, but currently the PS3 still has no selling point to me, maybe, just maybe if it drops to 399 (my true selling point is 299) I'll get one and play FF13 and MGS4.
              -Baka Inu!
              Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]

Comment

Personally I was most impressed by Sony's conference, then Microsoft, then Nintendo's.

Sony definitely showed the most games, which is what they needed to do. They should have, however, spent less time showing footage of multiplatform titles which we know are coming, and spent more time showing off some of the fantastic exclusive titles coming this fall like Ratchet, Uncharted, Warhawk and Heavenly Sword. inFAMOUS looks really neat, MGS4 looks stunning as always, Killzone 2 continues to blow me away, and the GT5 announcement is always nice.

Microsoft showed that they're trying to edge into the casual market that Nintendo's opened up, but that they still have plenty of hardcore titles, even if they're relying far too much on Halo 3 to carry them this year. I was disappointed by the lack of a price drop announcement.

Nintendo, on the other hand, proved that they're primarily interested in the casual audience. With far more emphasis on WiiFitness than anything else, it seems we're currently on the backburner. Kudos to them for actually getting Mario and Smash out this year though. Can't say I'm not surprised by the Mariokart announcement. Let the franchise cycling begin! I liked how their statement was that they were serious about online from day one. "Look! This game has online play! So does uhhh, that one, and that--no wait, that one. There. 3 games."

Obviously, there are still three more days of show left, where we'll see stuff from the third party developers, particularly Square Enix, Capcom and Konami. Of course there will also be more from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony, as they certainly could not have fit everything they have to show and say in their press conferences.
                Last edited by Pai Pai Master; 07-11-2007, 12:26 PM.
                Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

"Super Mario Kart" was THE best game in the Mario Kart series EVER, I kid you not. In fact, aside from "Super Mario World" itself (and maybe "Super Mario RPG," though, unfortunately, I never got into that too much before losing my SNES), I would have to give it the title of best Mario game of all time.

"Super Mario Kart" had a balanced selection of drivers (Yoshi was my personal favorite, go Yoshi! ^_^ ), I always found the item tiles (you know, the temporary ones) to add more challenge than the respawning item boxes the series always used afterwards (as well as thier respective item sets), and it has the undisputedly the funnest multiplayer in the entire Mario Kart series (and possibly the Mario series itself), even though it was only 2-Player.

Nintendo REALLY needs to re-release it for the American Wii Virtual Console (they have it already in Japan) . . . please? I miss that game so.

;_;

EDIT: "Super . . ." also had the best Rainbow Road. Seriously.
                  Last edited by Yellow Mage; 07-11-2007, 12:38 PM.
                  Originally posted by Armando
                  No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                  Originally posted by Armando
                  Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                  Matthew 16:15

Comment

I hope the date for the online vs. function of Tekken 5: DR is announced. That is probably far fetched but a Tekken 6 announcement/date would be nice enouph, theres no way they are going to make that game without online vs.
                    Apothecary Owner
                    Mithra
                    BLM 75
                    RDM 75

Comment

Right now there's a big rumor going around that Konami is going to reveal something big at 5:45pm PST.

Konami Boss: "Sorry Playstation Fans, but Kojima was given a little bit miss-information, Metal Gear Solid will be out on the 360 6 months after the Playstation version"
                      Kojima: "NOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo"
                      -Baka Inu!

Comment

It's probably Silent Hill 5 or Zone of the Enders 3. Kojima Productions has another game in development at the moment, and my money's on either ZOE3 or a Snatcher remake for next-gen consoles.
                        Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

MGS4 Trailer

http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/m..._e32k7_eng.asx

BAD ASS

EDIT: Either ZoE or SH would just make me cry. I can't wait to see what PS3 can do with either of those titles.

I wonder how SH5 will be done though? 3 more or less finished the original story, and 2 and 4 were separate with Origins telling the story of how Silent Hill came to be.

I've yet to actually play through ZoE2 though and I know I really should... ZoE 1 was such an amazing game for an early PS2 release. It's sad to hear that MGS4 will be Kojima's last, but Pai Pai is right; they can only take it so far. MSG PO for PSP was great, now all they need is a movie to finish it all off.
                          Last edited by Malacite; 07-11-2007, 01:47 PM.
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Wasn't Silent Hill 5 already announced at TGS? I could be wrong though.
                            -Baka Inu!

Comment

Silent Hill 5 has been previously announced, but that's about it.

There has been pretty much confirmation that it's targeted for the PS3 and that it will more than likely appear on the 360 as well. (Director said they're going for the same platform history the series has always seen, so a PS3 release is 100%, a 360 release is very, very possible and even a PC release is possible).

There were murmurings a long while ago that ZOE3 was in development. Kojima responded that he'd be interested in producing a new ZOE game for the PS3 with Kojima Productions. While EGM did claim a rumour that Konami would announce another PS3 exclusive at this E3, it's likely that if ZOE3 is coming, it'll be multiplatform.

Here are some images of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, coming in the fall to the PSN.

Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

I have to say, Sony did a pretty good job with their presentation. Makes up for the embarassment that was last year's showing. Microsoft and Nintendo's presentations came off as kind of weak, to me. I suppose that's what happens when you let success get to your head. The underdog always seems to deliver.
                                PSN & XBL ID: Meicyn
                                Wii Code: 6847-2608-8630-2415

Comment

Working...
                                X