Pai Pai's OFFICIAL Big-Ass E3 2007 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pai Pai's OFFICIAL Big-Ass E3 2007 Thread

Here's a new Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction screen. The E3 demo will take place in the hub city of Metropolis, from the earlier games in the series.

Sony has confirmed the $100 price drop for the PS3, and has announced that it will go into effect starting today. A new 80GB SKU will go on sale in August for $599, and will include a copy of Motorstorm.

E3 unofficially starts tomorrow, with Microsoft's press conference and Sony's Killzone 2 press event, both at 8PM PST on Tuesday. I'm really hoping to see some more of Mass Effect, and maybe some more info on the release of Lost Odyssey. And, of course, a price drop (fingers crossed).
    Last edited by Pai Pai Master; 07-08-2007, 08:17 PM.
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

I was hoping for $200 off (especially since I live in Canada and despite our rising dollar, prices haven't come down on anything) but maybe I'll get lucky shopping around.

My dad is a US Citizen (and therefor both my bro and I are elligable for dual-citizenship ^_^) so that may help in my search for a cheap PS3 >. >
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

E3 video:

Nights: Journey of Dreams for Nintendo Wii

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...ies/81942.html

Icemage

Comment

E3 video:

Haze for PS3 (timed exclusive), Xbox 360 and PC.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...ies/45157.html

Comment

E3 video:

Fury action PvP MMO for PC

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21380.html

Comment

E3 video:

Call of Duty 4 for PS3 and Xbox 360

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...ies/81180.html

Comment

E3 video:

Dungeon Hero for Xbox 360 and PC

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21375.html

Comment

E3 video:

TimeShift for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...ies/80826.html

Comment

Microsoft's Big E3 Announcements:

-Xbox 360 QWERTY Keyboard controller add-on coming in early September for 29.99
                    -Bioware's epic Mass Effect will launch in November.
                    -Viva Pinata Party Animals, a casual party-game based on the Rare sim will debut this year.
                    -Naruto: Rise of the Ninja will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 platform, coming this year.
                    -Xbox Live now has 7 million Gold and Silver-level subscribers.
                    -Two Genesis ports, Sonic the Hedgehog and Golden Axe, are available now on Xbox Live Arcade.
                    -Walt Disney Studio has signed on with Microsoft to distribute films on Xbox Live Marketplace.
                    -Walt Disney Studio's films, in addition to new others, are available now on the Marketplace.
                    -The movie service on Xbox Live Marketplace is going global.
                    -Motorbikes are officially coming to Project Gotham Racing 4.
                    -According to Microsoft, PGR4 will be "the only racing game that will allow you to share photos and videos with other gamers." Videos can currently be shared on Gran Turismo HD.
                    -Mistwalker's Lost Odyssey will be released stateside this year.
                    -Viva Pinata and Gears of War are officially coming to the "Games for Windows" platform.
                    -Gears for PC will use Games for Windows Live for online co-op play. It will also feature a massive 5 new chapters in the campaign, as well as a new "multiplayer arena," and new multiplayer modes.
                    -It'll be available this holiday.
                    -SEGA, Eidos and THQ have pledged support for Games for Windows Live.
                    -Crysis, Hellgate: London, Age of Conan and World in Conflict will all carry the Games for Windows Live label.
                    -Just in case anyone missed it the first 50 times, Bioshock is Microsoft-exclusive.
                    -Xbox Live will be host to an exclusive Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare beta. CharlieOscarDelta.com
                    -To be reiterated, Xbox 360 will have exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV downloadable content in Spring 2008.
                    -Splinter Cell: Conviction, once again, is an Xbox 360 exclusive.
                    -A new Resident Evil 5 trailer will be up on Xbox Live on July 26th. The trailer was just shown. Confirmed, RE5 will not be out in 2007.
                    -Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed will launch in November.
                    -Halo 3 Special Edition Xbox 360 Console will launch on September 25th. Camo-green paintjob.

That seems to be all for Microsoft today.
                    Last edited by Pai Pai Master; 07-10-2007, 08:58 PM.
                    Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Naruto: Rise of the Ninja will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 platform, coming this year.
                      MOVE THAT CONSOLE WITH YOUR INCREDIBLE EXCLUSIVES, MICROSOFT.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                        MOVE THAT CONSOLE WITH YOUR INCREDIBLE EXCLUSIVES, MICROSOFT.
                        sigpic
                        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                          though it's dealing with a number of recent setbacks with the cancelled release of Manhunt 2, and the recent announcement that Metroid Prime 3 will not have multiplayer capability.
                          Manhunt 2 was cancelled for all platforms. None of the big three would allow it after the ESRB slapped it with the AO rating. R*'s envelope-pushing finally bit them in the ass.

Metroid's multiplayer excursions have been more Unreal than Metroid. I can get generic FPS action anywhere, let Metroid stick to what it does best - exploration, action and adventure.

Retro Studios made the right decision in foregoing multiplayer. Not all games have to be multiplayer and being multiplayer doesn't exactly make a game good (See Rayman: Raving Rabbids and Mario Party 8).

Comment

I'm glad more developers are beginning to see that not every game needs multiplayer. Ratchet, Uncharted and Heavenly Sword will be foregoing multiplayer on the PS3 this year, but that certainly assures that the single player experiences will be all the more enjoyable. Warhawk is all I need for PS3 multiplayer this fall. Brawl will be the same story for Wii.

As bbqkitty said, Metroid certainly does not need multiplayer. Echoes and Hunters taught us that much.

Manhunt 2 deserved to get the boot from PS2, PSP and Wii. There's a fine line between pushing the envelope with mature content and stuffing your game full of the most ridiculous violence possible just to get the hype. Guess which side of the line mutilating human genitalia with your WiiMote is on?
                            Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                              E3 video:

Nights: Journey of Dreams for Nintendo Wii

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...ies/81942.html

Icemage
                              HELL TO THE YEAH!

NIGHTS was the only reason I bought (and still own) a Dreamcast. That game is goddamn amazing, and I cannot wait for this. I don't have a Wii yet (I'm waiting until a game I will play besides TP comes out, which will most likely be Brawl. This just made E3 ok for me.

Comment

Here's a new METAL GEAR SOLID 4: Guns of the Patriots scan from the latest Famitsu, showing what would appear to be content in the E3 2007 trailer, which will be shown later today at Sony's press conference.

As you can see, Vamp has made his return and seems to be aiming to get revenge on Raiden for the events of MGS2.

The new trailer will be shown later today, and can be downloaded in direct-feed HD quality from the PlayStation Store right after Sony's press event, which is at 2PM EST. The trailer will be dubbed in full English.
                                Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Working...
                                X