X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FFXIOnline.com at the FFXI Fan Festival 2006

Originally posted by AKosygin
    The Moogle Wand and other "in-game prizes" will be added on Tuesday EARLIEST, and may take longer from what I was told.

Please be patient with the FFXI GM Team.

I am fairly certain that the GM Team will be appreciative of your patience while they work to get you the items. Please give them a break, they have a long list to go through, and I bet they have to manually add it. All this after all the work they go through to give you a Fan Festival.

Thank you for your support,
    AKosygin
    FFXIOnline.com Moderation Team
    LOL. I know I know. We drove everyone crazy there. Especially the Mithras. mwahahaha tail ftw! If they knew that they were not able to service that many people with the moogle rods and other in game items, they shouldn't have stated that we would receive items "that night". Whoever gave the announcer that information was misleading.
    Hacked on 9/9/09
    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

{Found it!} http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pa...=0&cId=3148759
      here is a very nice write up from some of the other guys (wondered who they were) next to me in the media booth at the Fan Festival. He even got an exclusive interview with the Dev team.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

30+ hours is just ridiculous!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhound
          30+ hours is just ridiculous!!!!
          Heh, I'm sure the time span will shorten drastically if you figure out the puzzle of AV. Funny to see that board is barely now conceiving ideas I stated many months ago, think someone's going to figure it out very soon now.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Puzzle?

What do you meay by that.. like you have to do something to ir or what... LOL 30 hours... i mean.. i would like have to skip work for 2 days.. with no sleep lol imopssible!

Comment

I think Macht is suggesting (and I concur) that the "standard" methods of combat dont really apply to AV. There are perhaps some items, set of weapons, unreleased spells etc that will make this battle much more managable (i.e. several hours rather than some ungodly amount)

Comment

Each individuale player didn't stay there 30 hours, they swapped people back and forth the entire time. Some people would fight for a few hours then log and come back on a few hours later ect. The battle lasted 30 hours, the fighters all took turns resting though.

Heck there was even one point where it got CFH'd so everone with hate had to log out for a while and come back in. Now in all honesty, if that wasn't an all blm ordeal the idea of having an army of people fighting a single battle for that amount of time seems pretty fun. That'd be like the closest FFXI has ever gotten to a full blown war in game.
                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero
                  Each individuale player didn't stay there 30 hours, they swapped people back and forth the entire time. Some people would fight for a few hours then log and come back on a few hours later ect. The battle lasted 30 hours, the fighters all took turns resting though.

Heck there was even one point where it got CFH'd so everone with hate had to log out for a while and come back in. Now in all honesty, if that wasn't an all blm ordeal the idea of having an army of people fighting a single battle for that amount of time seems pretty fun. That'd be like the closest FFXI has ever gotten to a full blown war in game.
                  Its still ------- retarded.

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

It only got CFH'd in the beginning, when it stopped using 2hrs and casting spells. When they recovered it, it only stopped doing 2hrs.

Double Post Edited:
                    Match this isn't the first AV topic, infact in the thread that AV was discovered had almost every idea anyone could think of.
                    Last edited by Blood Red Poet; 03-15-2006, 12:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah, the initial threads when he popped for the first time on the Order's boards and KI, speculation was rampant. Everything from the ludicrous like fighting him with lv1 characters (I know....) to legitimate ideas such as using the Weapons the Jailers drop. All the speculation was for naught tho apparently.

44000 and change has to be a record by a fair margin for HP regained through Benediction tho. lol

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                      SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...bsolute+virtue

Originally posted by Aeni
                        First off, this is like any CoP NMs. I remember when CoP first came out, everyone ran off to find the Wyrms and then wiped a million times before coming up with a strat to defeat the Wyrms.

Here we are again. Anyone who went through many of the BC fights in CoP missions will know that there's certain items that can make encounters easier. Has anyone in that group fighting Absolute Virtue ever looked into items that might help them? Particular equipment setups? Those kind of things that can only be researched with time

I remember reading a portion of that Sage Sundi interview and how NA players were "whining" about how tough Jailor of Love was. Complaining about how the regen was too strong, etc.

In WOW, there's this NM named Onyxia. The way you fought her, was to do "something" before you actually fought her. I'm sure this is the same for Jailor of Love and probably for Absolute Virtue. Probably a fight of other NMs in the area or finding some very rare items that might either be used on the NM itself or used to unlock other items or ways to weaken the NM.

God, a lot of players lack effing imagination.
                        And then Macht's idea...

Originally posted by Macht
                        Well in quandry to this outburst, considering that the mobs name is Absolute Virtue has any one possibly tried fighting Absolute Virtue with the Virtue Weapons?

Ironicaly each of the weapons possessing 1 of the 7 virtues, Faith, Fortitude, Hope, Justice, Love, Prudence, and Temperance. All 7 used at once would essentialy be Absolute Virtue destroyer if they are trying to make the gamers think. Also as you notice the 7 weapons of virture never has a repeating job, means you need 7 jobs that will work with the 7 weapons.

Is it me or anyone else notice SEs fixation with 7 and godlness stature? I mean Ambrosia (Food of the Gods) all stats +7, 7 virtues weapons (All of which posses a stat and surprise +7 a stat). Just about anything related to Heaven or Hell in this game has the number 7 related to it.

Anubi's Knife (+7% Crit), Lust Dageer (+7 AGI), Sirocco Kukri (Wind controlled by God +7 Wind), Garuda's Dagger (+7 attack), Gluttony Sword (+7 VIT), Greed Scimitar (+7 DEX), Durandal (Sword blessed of 4 Saints, +7 VIT), Curtana (Sword believe to of been forged from the Lance of Longinus, the lance that pierced Christ +7 CHR), Wrath Tabar (+7 STR), etc...
                        Originally posted by Intensity
                        All the speculation was for naught tho apparently.
                        Actually, none of the LS I knew ever tried Macht's idea. Even the JPs are bullheaded (Surprisingly) and they've even proferred a 40 BLM+ rush (CFH'd) before... again, unless you've exhausted all ideas, then I believe the devs are hinting at something that the community is too stubborn to try and humor these suggestions.

Comment

I recall hearing (think it was on an ls's website) that a group had tried using all the weapons the jailer's drop, but to no avail. May have been heresay, but have been B.S., I may just be remembering wrong, but I do recall reading that.
                          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian
                            I recall hearing (think it was on an ls's website) that a group had tried using all the weapons the jailer's drop, but to no avail. May have been heresay, but have been B.S., I may just be remembering wrong, but I do recall reading that.
                            Getting all the weapons collectively as a group is accomplishment in itself and is nothing to look down on. I'd praise a group for doing so. You'd hear something about that, but I haven't really looked in on KI or Alla in a while =/

If it's true and all of Macht's suggestions were tried, then that sucks. >.<

Comment

I really wanna say it was theorderls. I'm not sure, I'll try to look around some tonight after I get home from work.
                              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

all sorts of stuff was attempted by theorderls or the other folks that participate there. one, iirc, was to try all the jailer weapons.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Working...
                                X