This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FFXIOnline.com at the FFXI Fan Festival 2006

I could answer plenty of questions on my own but instead I will copy and paste a friends writeup of the three dev panels. Thats about all I went to at the fan festival, rest of my time was spent hanging out around LA with my LS's members.

Ohh I was also a member of the first team to defeat the three heroes battleground at the fan event... on "hardest" difficulty setting of 6vsTrion/TarutaruHeroguy/Volker.

All the following were written by Ichthyos of Titan.
    -------------------------------------------

http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7946

-------------------------------------------

The second dev panel opened with a demonstration of how corsair will work (the previous one opened with a demo of blue mage), and then they went on to describe changes to all the jobs that will be introduced in the patches to come. They also described in detail how the new jobs will work, and then closed with a special announcement, that the third new job in the expansion will be Puppetmaster:

Warrior
    - Ability to throw axes! (and other weapons? Hmm.)
    - Devs made warrior have ability to use lots of weapons, and they want people to use a wider variety of them. They didn't tell us how they would encourage us to use more weapons.
    - They said WAR/NIN is too strong, and want to give people more reasons to sub other jobs.

Monk
    - adding ability that increases HP (increases max HP? ambiguous) of party members. unclear whteher it's single target or aoe.

White Mage
    - job ability to give your own hp or mp to other members.
    - benediction will remove negative status effects.
    - they want whm cures to be more effective than other jobs. didn't give details on whether they mean hp cured, or casting time, or what.

Black Mage
    - they said it's too strong, especially in manaburns. they want to give BLMs more incentive to join diverse parties, but didn't give details.
    - there will be new spells.

Red Mage
    - they said RDM is pretty strong but didn't hint at any nerfs.
    - there will be new spells

Thief
    - thief JA's to affect more party members (probably with respect to hate)
    - steal to have new effects, like "stealing more than items..."
    - perfect dodge will increase the damage you deal if you stay behind the mob (30 secs of full sneak attacks?!?!)

Paladin
    - they know lots of people like nin's more than pld's and want to change that.
    - they want pld's to be able to "use shield more than other jobs" - proc rate up? shield bash timer down? i think they meant proc rate.
    - they want to increase TP gained when blocking with shield
    - they want to give pld an aoe refresh or autorefresh.

Dark Knight
    - they said they want DRKs to use scythe more. maybe damage bonus when using scythe.
    - they want to increase the effects of absorb spells, and maybe give them secondary effects.

Beastmaster
    - they acknowledge that BSTs were hurt a lot with the MPK patch, and want to do something to fix it. they said they couldn't give details but they say "please believe in us."

Bard
    - they want to give bard more places to use different songs in battle, because right now bards use the same songs over and over.
    - they want to add new low level aoe "speed" song. i dont know whether it means something different than march.

Ranger
    - they're wokring on adjusting it again to "please more people."
    - will change sharpshot so that when it's active, r.acc will not be affected by distance.
    - more arrows will be quiverable.

Samurai
    - sam's will have a new way to use their TP.
    - said they were adding something so that when SAM hits an enemy, it will/might decrease its TP.

Ninja
    - it's very strong, maybe too strong. but we don't have plans to nerf it at the moment.

Dragoon
    - they're still looking at the effects of the recent changes they made so they don't have plans to change it more right now.

Summoner
    - right now, SMNs BP and release. they want to give SMN's some kind of incentive to keep their avatars out longer.
    - the person translating from the devs said they were giving SMN more MP but then quickly said "wait, no i didn't say that" so i'm not sure why he said it.
    - Earthen Ward, Aerial Armor, other blood pacts that currently don't have their effectiveness depend on summoning skill will now be affected by summoning skill.
    - new BP's
    - everyone wants to summon Bahamut but they would have to limit its strength if they made it summonable. they want to keep it special, so they say they have no plans to make Bahamut summonable.

Blue Mage
    - you can only learn blue magic with BLU as your main job
    - defeat a mob that gives you exp points and then you'll (have a chance to?) learn blue magic that it performs.
    - more and more abilities will be learnable with later patches.
    - "setting spells" - when you acquire blue magic, you won't be able to use it right away. you have to set it first.
    - each spell has a certain number of required setup points. as a blue mage you have a number of setup points you can allocate. this increases when you level up.
    - you also have a max # of spells that you can "set", based on your level.
    - spell effectiveness will depend on beast intimidation circle.
    - physical spells can skillchain, magic spells can MB.

Corsair
    - sorry, they wont tell us about the 2hr.
    - Main Ability is basically a dice roll (6 possible cards, numbered 1-6). different things happen depending on what the roll was.
    - that ability used again (looked like a 30 or 60 sec cooldown) will cause more (and better) things to happen to your party, or to the mob.
    - the sum of rolls causes something to happen, the best sum you can get is 11. if you hit 12, you "bust" like in blackjack, and when you bust there's a (probably slight) negative effect.
    - effects depend on party setup: if you have a war in your party you can give everyone double attack, if you have a BLM then you can give everyone MAB, if you have a THF then you can give everyone crit bonus.
    - job ability called "Card Shot" - use 1 of 8 different shots in your gun, and it's a magical attack. one example is strengthening debuffs that are currently on a mob (like dia).
    - one ability will be to lower recast time of spells for your party.

Q&A and Misc
    - in general they want people to use lots of different subs.
    - they were asked about Treasure Hunter, and about CHR vs Voke. the dev answering laughed and was hesitant to answer because "If I tell you too much, as soon as I get back to Japan I'll be dead." but he told us the following:
    - Treasure Hunter has nothing to do with damage dealt, or the final kill.
    - CHR has no effect on Provoke.
    - no plans to make jeuno a nation you can set alliegance to, but there will be "surprises" in the new expansion. new nation to pledge alliegance to?
    - the devs were very receptive to people's suggestions. they were actively writing things down that people suggested they add to the game. woot.

------------------

I just came from the third (and final) dev panel of the Fan Festival. There wasn't all that much interesting stuff the devs presented today, but I did get a chance to ask two questions!

I missed the first part of the presentation, but a member of the Siren Ballista Royale team told me they just talked a little bit about the recent February patch changes. When I walked in, they were discussing the changes to our ability to sending gil, saying that they know it's been causing legitimate players a decent amount of headaches, and they're trying to refine their solution to the problem so that it still hinders RMTs but doesn't affect us as much.

They also said that all Xbox 360 beta characters will be able to be transferred to your accounts on real servers somehow at the time of the X360 FF11 release (April). They weren't specific about how the world migration would work.

They also showed an image from the E3 2005 video that we all remember (the city on the ocean with all the brass and glass, with characters dressed in FF11 gear) and said that the dev team is working concurrently on FF11 content and content for this new game. They said they were really excited about the new game's content, which will go above and beyond anything we've ever seen before, but the genre of the game has not been announced yet.

They did announce for the first time that they're currently developing full german and french translations of FF11 that will be available for download free of charge for anyone who bought the English version. Also, EU customers apparently haven't had the ability to use debit cards for their FF11 billing, but this is being addressed.

What followed was a bunch of noob questions like "how do galka reproduce?", "why are relic weapons so hard to obtain?", etc etc etc.

I brought a prop of the "new adventurer" question mark to hold over my head to draw attention to myself though, and got called on! I asked them, "The Notorious Monster Absolute Virtue has been popped on many servers, but no one has been able to kill it. In an interview with members of the HNM linkshell Order of the Blue Gartr, Sage Sundi stated that the dev team tests and defeats each Notorious Monster before it is added to the game. I would like to know whether the team has defeated Absolute Virtue with the jobs, abilities, and equipment currently available to us in FF11. Oh and also, are Mithras furry or tan? "

The question brought nervous laughter and glances from the whole panel, and the dev who ended up answering said that "....uhhhhmmmm, we're going to try again with that." or something to that effect. Oh and about mithras, "that's for you all to decide. "

EDIT: I forgot to say what I think the devs mean. Imho, AV is unkillable and they dont know wtf they were doing.

Other notable questions included:

- a question about lucky egg, four leaf mandragora bud, etc and whether they give TH while in inventory, while eaten, or what. they said, semi tongue-in-cheek, "if you believe, it will happen."

- a question about whether the direction you're facing actually affects synthesis results. he said, "face the direction that your heart tells you to. "

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

Thanks for all your information. I sure would have loved to be there! So.. it seems that AV is unkillable? How would they add a NM that is unkillable just becuase? There must be someting to it... ot maybe it is just not time to kill him!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhound
        Thanks for all your information. I sure would have loved to be there! So.. it seems that AV is unkillable? How would they add a NM that is unkillable just becuase? There must be someting to it... ot maybe it is just not time to kill him!
        Sorry Mods, I know this is not on topic, but on the subject of AV...

I dont know if you noticed this yet, but over the weekend the community was abuzzed with new AV information. An Odin LS was able to take him down to 57% but it took them 30hrs of hard work ><

Here is the entire thread:
        http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7985

But here is a link to one of the photos from that thread showing the EXP it was at (the lowest it's ever been)
        http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7194/574ad.jpg
        ~Aquelia
        TaruPrime Powah!
        Chocobo Raising Diary: http://aquelia.waltzforariah.com

Comment

Originally posted by sdillon
          Sorry Mods, I know this is not on topic, but on the subject of AV...

I dont know if you noticed this yet, but over the weekend the community was abuzzed with new AV information. An Odin LS was able to take him down to 57% but it took them 30hrs of hard work ><

Here is the entire thread:
          http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7985

But here is a link to one of the photos from that thread showing the EXP it was at (the lowest it's ever been)
          http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7194/574ad.jpg
          lolBenediction

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

Neighbortaru!!!!! waahhh! It was good to see you there! Let's party sometime and level! T_T. I need merit points for smn >_<.
            Last edited by KamuroIshigami; 03-14-2006, 02:40 AM. Reason: *smack over head*
            Hacked on 9/9/09
            FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

well.. i cant see the order ls site from here... does anyone have a pic of AV,... I would like to see it...

So.. he did benediction? omg

Comment

Ya....ok....so its going to take 30+ hours to kill a mob but they have a warning when you log on telling you not to forget about your family, friends, and job.....ya.....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Moogle Rod & Chocobo Wand

When are we getting our prizes for going to Fan Festival 2006?
                  I keep checking my mog house and delivery box, and on the ffxifestival.com website.

I paid good money for my moogle wand & I want it. :D~~ RMT FTW!

Need to clean and delete posts that are irrelevant to the Original Post.
                  Hacked on 9/9/09
                  FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

do the wands do anything besides look cool?

Which FF Character Are You?

And you, wich Final Fantasy character do you resemble?

Comment

dunno when we'll get the wands yet (or what they do for that matter).

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by Deltran
                        do the wands do anything besides look cool?
                        I heard that wands have a enhancement on them that says, "Target player/party member receives a gift."

So you can't use it on yourself... so that's why you find other people that have gone to Fan Festival and you use the wands on each other!
                        Hacked on 9/9/09
                        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom
                          Ya....ok....so its going to take 30+ hours to kill a mob but they have a warning when you log on telling you not to forget about your family, friends, and job
                          You forgot about sleep, food, and bodily functions. 30 hours?!!! Who has time to play for 30 hours straight?

Any ideas what their reply to the directions and synthing meant? It could really be taken either way. (I'm sure part of the reason they said it that way). Any body language or tone of voice that might lend more understanding to his meaning?
                          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

The answer to the synthing direction question was classic SE bs. Not yes, not no.
                            Originally posted by Feba
                            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                            Originally posted by DakAttack
                            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

The Moogle Wand and other "in-game prizes" will be added on Tuesday EARLIEST, and may take longer from what I was told.

Please be patient with the FFXI GM Team.

I am fairly certain that the GM Team will be appreciative of your patience while they work to get you the items. Please give them a break, they have a long list to go through, and I bet they have to manually add it. All this after all the work they go through to give you a Fan Festival.

Thank you for your support,
                              AKosygin
                              FFXIOnline.com Moderation Team
                              Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinen
                                They also showed an image from the E3 2005 video that we all remember (the city on the ocean with all the brass and glass, with characters dressed in FF11 gear) and said that the dev team is working concurrently on FF11 content and content for this new game. They said they were really excited about the new game's content, which will go above and beyond anything we've ever seen before, but the genre of the game has not been announced yet.
                                So, uhm, they're making another Final Fantasy MMO or just an add-on to FFXI? o_O;

Kinda disheartening to hear them making another FFO after I just came back. :/
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X