Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DROP EVERYTHING AND WATCH THIS TRAILER. DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE FIRST. NOT EVEN PONIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DROP EVERYTHING AND WATCH THIS TRAILER. DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE FIRST. NOT EVEN PONIES

(Source: SHUT UP. CLICK ON THIS and WATCH THIS TRAILER IMMEDIATELY. Don’t Wait, Or Read Anything Else First. | CHUD.com)

(By the way, 'sup DiV.)
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Re: DROP EVERYTHING AND WATCH THIS TRAILER. DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE FIRST. NOT EVEN PO

Saw it earlier, and totally agree. Must click on video and watch immediately.

Icemage

Comment

Re: DROP EVERYTHING AND WATCH THIS TRAILER. DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE FIRST. NOT EVEN PO

Ok, I consider myself RickRolled. XD
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

That was great.

At first I was like... why see this movie? Seems a little too clean.

Then I was like... oh, OK, I definitely want to see this.

Comment

0:15 This has to be going somewhere crazy to be worthy of the thread title.
          0:35 Wow, this is really terrible.
          0:55 Oh, I see.
          1:15 Aaaand....?
          1:32 Totally disappointed.

Most succinct example of how to destroy something's entertainment value through hype. There's going to be another movie with muppets in it. Worth noting? Sure. Exciting? Not in the slightest.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Couldn't find the URL where I first got the image so attaching it.
            Attached Files
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Most succinct example of how to destroy something's entertainment value through hype. There's going to be another movie with muppets in it. Worth noting? Sure. Exciting? Not in the slightest.
              Strongly disagree.

First off, Disney bought the rights to Jim Henson's stuff years ago and did practically nothing with it.

Secondly, they're not shoehorning it into a CG movie which would likely be the board room's first impulse if Pixar wasn't around to convince those twits puppets and handdrawn animation still have their merits.

Third, they're sticking to what works with the Muppets. The movies from the 80s and 90s were a good spot of fun that appeal to kids and grown-ups alike, so future ones would, too.

Its far better than Disney just sitting on the IP and letting it rot. If this movie does well, it might generate interest in a show again. Imagine Professor Honeydew and Beaker working with the Mythbusters. Or the Swedish Chef as an Iron Chef challenger. Or Miss Piggy on The View.

Oh wait, that's Starr Jones. I get those two confused. AHAHAHAAA!

Comment

holy crap a new Muppets movie!?.....

hell yah ^.^
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I'm not terribly interested, however, the trailer did get me. I wasn't expecting that. I'm not sure what I was expecting from that lame beginning (because seriously it looked pretty damn lame to me) but it wasn't Muppets.
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                    I'm not sure what I was expecting from that lame beginning (because seriously it looked pretty damn lame to me)
                    I think that was the point.
                    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                    Matthew 16:15

Comment

I know it was, I just didn't know what to expect from that. So I don't know what I was expecting, I just know that it wasn't Muppets.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Awesome... more Muppet drinking game possibilities^^
                        FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                        FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                        aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

The Great Muppet Caper was the first movie I ever saw in a theatre. And I had a stuffed Fozzie bear that I carried around constantly.

Any muppet hating can GTFO.

Comment

this made me so happy when I saw the trailer for it at pirates! XD

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                              Its far better than Disney just sitting on the IP and letting it rot. If this movie does well, it might generate interest in a show again. Imagine Professor Honeydew and Beaker working with the Mythbusters. Or the Swedish Chef as an Iron Chef challenger. Or Miss Piggy on The View.

... stop making me like you
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X