DragonBall Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragonBall Trailer

Peeps were talking about it in my linkshell the other day, and of course I didn't know it had came out. So I found the trailer and it was like I was speechless. After I regained the ability to speak I immediately said OMG they are gonna mess it up so badly. I lol'd so harshly at Goku's hair as well as Chou Yun Fat as Roshi. However I will most likely go see it though since I liked Dragonball and DBZ/GT. I guess it cant be too much cheezier than Speed Racer but I really liked Speed Racer and TMNT lol. If I wasn't at work I'd grab a link but just so we all know it is out there.

Edit by TGM: Here ya go...

CrunchGear » Archive » Live action Dragonball movie trailer

Ok after watching several so called trailers, I came upon this one. It's a cam of it but you get the jist. Durahan can change it when he gets home from work with a better one if he has it.
    Last edited by TheGrandMom; 10-07-2008, 11:15 AM. Reason: put movie link in
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Re: DragonBall Trailer

Good luck to all the DBZ fans out there, you're gonna need it. Hollywood tends to rape and pillage good anime/comic book/etc series all for the almightly dollar.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I'll see it.

It's obviously not going to be anything like the anime, so I'm going to see it because I have no idea what else it could be about. Maybe they're attempting to reinvent it? I don't know.

Comment

They're trying to squeeze the last bit of cash out of the name while the getting's good. They're a little late to the party though, about 3-4 years past the point where you could put cat puke in a tin and slap a SSJ Goku sticker on it and it'd sell 10 billion units.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
          I'll see it.

It's obviously not going to be anything like the anime, so I'm going to see it because I have no idea what else it could be about. Maybe they're attempting to reinvent it? I don't know.

its kind of like a retelling of the Goku/ King Picalo story.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Seems just like your regular Hollywood rape-and-retell. Like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (sci-fi flick), I'll go to see it for what it is (wire-fu flick), not because of the name (Dragonball).
            Last edited by LilithAngel; 10-07-2008, 11:32 PM. Reason: Of course, Goku better be going "KAAAAAAA-MEEEEEEEEEEEEH-YAAAAAAAAAAA-MAAAA-HAAAAA!!!" or I cry foul!

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
              Last edited by LilithAngel : Today at 03:32 AM. Reason: Of course, Goku better be going "KAAAAAAA-MEEEEEEEEEEEEH-YAAAAAAAAAAA-MAAAA-HAAAAA!!!" or I cry foul!
              /agrees
              Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

I am a huge dragonballz fan, and this trailer (from the looks of it) just almost dashed all hopes I had of this being an ok dbz movie. Where's the guy who played lu kang when ya need him for goku? /sigh
                Thank you very much to Selphiie for this sig!

Comment

Chuck Norris better be Brolly.

Comment

Featuring Gary Coleman as Mr. Popo!

Comment

Whatchu talkin' about Kami?!

Comment

Yeah I totally would have made this movie twice as awesome were I in charge.

At any rate, of course I have to see it eventually, but this is a NetFlix'er, not a pay $9 at theatre affair.

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
                          Seems just like your regular Hollywood rape-and-retell. Like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (sci-fi flick), I'll go to see it for what it is (wire-fu flick), not because of the name (Dragonball).
                          Spirits Within wasn't a "Hollywood rape-and-retell", Square was directly involved and responsible for that film. And even then it wasn't exactly "bad", it just wasn't Final Fantasy enough to fit the title.

But yes, this Dragonball movie is going to be a major Wire-fu flick. It's being made by the same guys who did Kung-Fu Hustle iirc, and if that's the case this will look really good.

Originally posted by kai_samoht View Post
                          I am a huge dragonballz fan, and this trailer (from the looks of it) just almost dashed all hopes I had of this being an ok dbz movie. Where's the guy who played lu kang when ya need him for goku? /sigh
                          Well then it's a good thing this isn't based off of DBZ. The original Dragon Ball was a very different series then the Super Sayin filled Z, and that's where the movie is coming from. As far as I can tell, the biggest difference between the original story and the movie story is that Goku goes to high school rather then Bulma finding him in the Jungle. But the quest for the Dragon Balls and the fight against King Piccolo still seems to be intact. I just hope the movie can retain the humor from the original DB and not take itself too seriously.
                          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                            Chuck Norris better be Brolly.
                            Chuck would be the only survivor at the end of the movie, so it would end a little differently than in the real movie.
                            {New Sig in the works}
                            -----------------------
                            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                            Originally posted by Solymir
                            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

That looks pretty poor... Why aren't thy doing US/English advertising? Probably because they want o test it overseas until they get it right? Anyway, DB/DBZ were some of my favs as a kid, so I hope they don't F it up too bad.
                              Current Server: Asura
                              Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
                              Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
                              Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
                              Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
                              Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Working...
                              X