DragonBall Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DragonBall Trailer

Yeah, Ziero, I'm completely aware that FF: TSW is made by Square, but it's the same kind of deal that happens to other franchises, regardless of who made them, that puts it firmly in the Hollywood "Rape-and-Retell" category.
    Last edited by LilithAngel; 10-08-2008, 12:28 PM. Reason: There have been EXTREMELY few franchises that have made the transition to the big screen intact. FF isn't one of them...

Comment

Originally posted by Evion View Post
      That looks pretty poor... Why aren't thy doing US/English advertising? Probably because they want o test it overseas until they get it right? Anyway, DB/DBZ were some of my favs as a kid, so I hope they don't F it up too bad.
      Because it was a marketing trailer aimed towards investors, not a wide release trailer for the general public. As pointed out as the trailer starts, it was bootlegged and "illegally" filmed.

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
      Yeah, Ziero, I'm completely aware that FF: TSW is made by Square, but it's the same kind of deal that happens to other franchises, regardless of who made them, that puts it firmly in the Hollywood "Rape-and-Retell" category.
      What about all the comic book movies? From my understanding, they're fairing pretty well moving to the big screen. I'll agree Hollywood can screw up a franchise horribly, but they can also make the transition in a big way and completely succeed.
      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Silent Hill, etc.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Whoever the Kung-Fu chicks are, keep them an make a totally different movie.

Given Dragon Ball is as coherant as Sarah Palin in an interview, there was hardly a need to make a live action movie, much less continue the franchise in its animated form.

It will suck, its already apparent, because it was born from something that sucked, you know, like Speed Racer.

I'd trust a live-action Lupin the 3rd more than those two.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
            I'd trust a live-action Lupin the 3rd more than those two.
            Best phrase ever.
            Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Agreed - Lupin could be played by Adrien Brody - it would be great!

This DBZ movie looks, um, sad.
              sigpic

(\ /)
              ( . . )
              C(")(")
              ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

Sorry but after viewing the new trailer i have to say, wow, not spending money to see, rather down load it from the net than to pay to see it, if i even want to see it. They changed the entire story line, 7 mistics created the draggon balls to fight off picolo? wow. And whats up with all this cast of moslty asian and a white kid to play Goku? The least you can do is get a actor that knows martial arts to play goku, china and japan is full of them. -.- amature directors -.-

Comment

Working...
                X