Building My 1st Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Building My 1st Computer

Well the main thing is i'm not getting 60 fps (around the 30/40 mark). I set the background resolution to 3 and the drawing to 10, but I guess this means i have to go lower? or overclock my video card? I already installed the latest driver
    Last edited by Zempten; 02-12-2011, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Re: Building My 1st Computer

If you want to overclock your GPU, look up MSI's Afterburner. It's an easy piece of software to use that will allow you to tweak your GPU's clock and fan speed. When increasing clock speed, you'll probably not want to increase it more than 100Mhz over what it's currently at, but, to be safe, Google your card and see how far others were able to push it. GPU's are tricky to OC, because they may come with built-in hardware to cool it, which may or may not be suitable to cool your card after your OC.

You may also want to OC your CPU, which is a lot easier, but may also be problematic. I've yet to find a consistently stable OC, though I've sat on 4GHz for a while before it decided to act up. When it does act up I usually run a bunch of tests to figure out what the problem is, but I haven't had the patience for that, lately.

Comment

Working...
      X