Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Genius hacks PS3. What does the mean for us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Genius hacks PS3. What does the mean for us?

Originally posted by Feba View Post
    If you think any company seriously makes more of a product because it's heavily pirated,
    Snakes on a Plane. Lots of d/ls for that title but only because people wanted a giggle but weren't willing to pay to see that shit. lol
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
      If you think any company seriously makes more of a product because it's heavily pirated,
      Lucky Star, Haruhi, K-on, Elite Beat Agents, Escaflowne, Lost, Family Guy, just about any musician that isn't being forced into acting against piracy by thier record company, 300, Snakes on a Plane all say hi.
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
        Lucky Star, Haruhi, K-on, Elite Beat Agents, Escaflowne, Lost, Family Guy, just about any musician that isn't being forced into acting against piracy by thier record company, 300, Snakes on a Plane all say hi.
        Snakes on a Plane was a flop because it sucked. They won't be making any more.

The rest continued to exist because they made money. People paid to own them because they enjoyed them. Production costs money, you're not going to make more of something that doesn't sell. Something that does sell well will be produced. Something that doesn't sell well but is heavily pirated won't have any more production money spent on it, something that sells well and is heavily pirated will have more productions associated with it.

Notice a pattern? If it makes money, more of it is made to make more money. Piracy doesn't make money, on it's own it doesn't drive demand for a product.

Originally posted by Tedronai
        if you don't think that companies can't track how many people download a certain product
        Your tinfoil hat is slipping.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Family Guy
          Which was revived by DVD Sales, not DVD-rips.

Lucky Star, Haruhi,
          Half right, mostly wrong. They were made because they were profitable. Haruhi's US marketer thanked people who had already pirated it, and then asked them to buy the product to support it. Maybe they wouldn't have gotten a US release without torrenting showing they could be popular, but they definitely wouldn't have gotten any further releases if they had flopped commercially because everyone in Japan was downloading them.

Comment

Working...
          X