Screen skipping upon FFXI startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen skipping upon FFXI startup

I just added FFXI to my recently purchased laptop: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sony-VGN-FW140E-2-26GHz-Processor-Premium/dp/B001A1O9FK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1247229885&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Sony VAIO VGN-FW140E/H 16.4" Laptop (2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 Processor, 3 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive, Vista Premium) Grey: Electronics[/ame]

# 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 processor
    # 250 GB hard drive
    # 3 GB RAM
    # Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics
    # Windows Vista Home Premium (SP1)
    16.4-inch TFT display with a resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels

And upon starting and playing FFXI the bottom portion of the screen skips or cuts out a little and seems to decrease as you continue to play. It does not create any lag or any problems aside from the on screen disturbance. Anyone know how to fix this?

Also the graphics in the game are worse then they were in the bench mark online. I've looked up how to fix it and I've gone into the FFXI config app to alter some things and I got it looking a little better but what is the ideal setting I should put in that? Is it worth going into the registry afterwards and altering the data?
    Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Re: Screen skipping upon FFXI startup

Going through the settings and messing with the registry would only make it worse fps-wise. The only thing I see is the combination of vista and onboard card that makes the fps less than what you expected. Just try tinkering with the settings until you find a good balance.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Is it really an issue of fps? Its very fluid and I have already played TF2, CS: Source and L4D no problem on this.

Comment

Well you said the graphics aren't what you expected. I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you put FFXI at the highest resolution and it just doesn't look good? Or are you playing at a lower resolution and not happy with fps?
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I have it at the highest resolution and it looks fine, just not like the high res was in the benchmark. Graphics - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more. It looks comparable to half way down the page in the oversampling section the .5 or the 1.0.

Comment

Working...
          X