Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: laptop inquiry

Originally posted by Potemken View Post
    Upgrade your stock ram to max and anything should play ffxi with decent graphics.

Ram is cheap, people don't realize this, 17-30 bucks for a gig stick. I got 2 gigs for 40 bucks.

Newegg.com is your friend.
    This says nothing about him getting a cheap pc. You talk about him upgrading his ram. Maybe you should communicate better and your idea might get across to people in the manner in which you'd like it to.

Oh were you? what did you work on? Fill me in, plz. Share that knowledge, because i have a hard time believing you considering you suggested the worst company to get a computer from, and your a "dell" user.
    And what would you like me to share? Like I said, I don't feel the need to flex my epeen like you apparently do. My self confidence is just fine. I've been a geek for longer than you've been alive.

FYI, I do not use a dell. Reading comprehension is your friend. My laptop is an Alienware and purchased before the merger. I recommend Dells to family/friends when applicable. All my desktops (I have 3), have been built and maintained by myself. I've also taught my son and he's went on to surpass me and is now in the computer networking field. So flex your epeen all you like, I'm confident in my knowledge and abilities which you apparently are not.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Upgrade your stock ram to max and anything (YOU CAN BUY)should play ffxi with decent graphics.

Ram is cheap, people don't realize this, 17-30 bucks for a gig stick. I got 2 gigs for 40 bucks.

Newegg.com is your friend.
      It what it should have said. My most sincere fucking apologies.

when did you purchase your alienware?

Comment

I don't know the date. I do remember that I put in my order and 2 days later the story broke about Dell being in talks with Alienware. Been at least 2 years since then I imagine.
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Fuck you ^^
          Oh bravo. You're a shining example of the drooling morons you call co-workers.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

And you sir, are a man among men.

Comment

Potemken, brother, your respect on these forums is dropping like the muther fucking economy.
              Fast.

P.s.
              Who changed dildo's title to "King of the Trolls"??? Bravo!

Comment

OP, the one thing I would recommend is that you not only take recommendations from friends and those you know, but also read about any models you're considering on places like Amazon and Newegg. They oftentimes of dozens or even hundreds of reviews.

Not only will they tell you about whether an item will fill your needs or not, they'll also tell you what sorts of problems you may run into, what to avoid (for example, I snapped off a key, and it took me hours to reinstall it properly), how to fix or work around things, how well things work, etc.

My current laptop would almost certainly not be able to play the games you'd want; so I won't suggest it, but I will say that it is a dell, and I have been very happy with it. Furthermore, Dell was recommended to me by a friend who works for a major organization which buys laptops (and misc. hardware) from Dell by the hundreds. I have heard that their business wing is generally better than their 'home' division (and indeed, my laptop was purchased from the small business section), so that may play some part in it; but the point is, there's no reason to fear Dell as a brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                  for example, I snapped off a key, and it took me hours to reinstall it properly
                  For realz, I've had to fix a few of my GF's keys. Our Kitten will climb onto the laptop when it's open, and go to sleep, and then our boxer will come in from playing with me outside, and scare the shit out of her, and she will remove like 4-5 keys. It's like an all day event to get them back in place.

Comment

Thanks to you all who gave me insights and suggestions. Ive done quite a bit of research, and honestly, it now makes more sense for me to just build two new desktop machines what will be powerhouses (promised the wife she wouldnt get the hand-me-down computer this time ;P). Then take that money I saved and buy a laptop thats more run-of-the-mill for other things that arent gaming focused.

Comment

In that case, my laptop is a Dell Vostroâ„¢ A860 Laptop and I've really been liking it. Only major gripe is the Shiny Fingerprint Magnet Plastic(TM), which is especially poor considering they put a 16:9 screen on it and put Incredibly Reflective Plastic right under a screen made for movies, but it's not a big deal. And I'm considering painting over the really annoying parts anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X