Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technical Problem: Game Skipping! (Reference Video inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Problem: Game Skipping! (Reference Video inside)

Okay, my game skips every 5 seconds. I don't know why this is happening and I hope that some of you tech savvy people could help me out. This ONLY happens when playing FFXI, Playonline Viewer does not cause this. It seems that when FFXI skips, everything else on my PC skips. For example, I opened notepad WITHOUT FFXI open and spammed (held down) the J key, it was smooth without any interruptions. I did the same WITH FFXI open and it followed the same pattern. (Skipping every 5 seconds) Updated all of my drivers and also installed that FFXI beta one from Nvidia, still nothing. I also highly doubt that it's due to being in high traffic areas (Lag) because the skipping starts the minute FFXI boots up. I can see the background of the main FFXI menu and character select menu skipping every 5 seconds, just like the game. Also, when I say skip I mean freeze for like half a second. You can see it in this video. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb9yAIgroXs"]YouTube - FFXI Skipping[/ame] Help would be very appreciated, as you can probably tell this gets very annoying very fast! Thanks!!!!!

Re: Technical Problem: Game Skipping! (Reference Video inside)

I have no idea to be honest me and technology dont mix very well.
    Maybe you have other applications running?
    I know on my pc I can play and surf the net at the same time but any more than one tab and I jump like you do. Also msn does it to me also.

I'm sorry I'm not much help I just thought I'd try and answer giving some of my own experience.
    I hope you sort it out though

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Originally posted by Satori View Post
      I have no idea to be honest me and technology dont mix very well.
      Maybe you have other applications running?
      I know on my pc I can play and surf the net at the same time but any more than one tab and I jump like you do. Also msn does it to me also.

I'm sorry I'm not much help I just thought I'd try and answer giving some of my own experience.
      I hope you sort it out though
      Thanks anyway! I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT! Not sure what this did, but I went into Device Manage and disabled all HID-Compliant Human Interface devices. This fixed the problem, but could it be bad for my system?

Comment

That basically disables support for a lot of USB peripherals (e.g. USB mice, keyboards, joysticks/gamepads). FFXI's windowed mode has some problems with some USB devices, though the most common problems were fixed in an update a while back. Were you running in full-screen mode for that video, or just only capturing the FFXI window?

Things you might want to try:
        1) Update any USB-related drivers
        2) See if this problem occurs with full-screen mode if you haven't done so
        3) See if unplugging various USB devices before starting FFXI makes a difference
        Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
        DRK99,DNC91,THF90
        Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
        Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
        WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
        Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
        All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
        Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
        Clothcraft 24
        Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
        BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Sorry for the late response, but yes it also occurred in full screen mode. The only USB devices currently in use are my mouse and keyboard and they seem to be in a different category than the ones I disabled. Seems strange that my OS is recognizing imaginary devices.

Comment

nvm lol

Comment

Working...
            X