X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall 2012/Winter 2012-2013

Fall 2012: Fall 2012 Anime Chart v2 (2012.09.08) | Neregate

Winter 2012/2013: Winter 2012/2013 Anime Chart v1.1 released | Neregate

Hmm ... I'm not sure what they have out will top the overall level of quality in Summer 2012 but it does look a tad bit better than last year. On everyone's radar is NGE 3.0 movie, Madoka Magica (nothing new, though) and possibly the reversioned Macross 7 (Macross FB 7). However, I'm more interested in Ashura by Toei Animation, as it's based on a "banned" manga involving cannibalism.

As for anime series, Medaka Box, Robotics;Notes and Shin Sekai Yori are what I'm more familiar with and will be watching those. There's another 6-8 that piqued my interest but that really didn't grab me as something "I had to die to see". Since Sword Art Online (SAO), Kokoro Connect and Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse are on going, that's enough to sate my anime fix through fall.

Looking forward to the winter, I didn't see anything exciting other than Vividred Operation and Savanna Game, but movies Hanasaka Iroha: Home Sweet Home and Kizumonogatari (set in the world of Bakemonogatari) caught my eyes and I'll be looking forward to their eventual BD release.

We'll see what Winter 2012-2013 holds but I doubt it could match the line-up they had for Winter 2011-2012. :/

Re: Fall 2012/Winter 2012-2013

Hmm, all weirdness to me

Eureka Seven AO is coming to end soon though

They JUST showed adult Renton finally, and at the very end it said the show is coming to a close very soon (probably an hour-long ending or something).
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
      Hmm, all weirdness to me

Eureka Seven AO is coming to end soon though

They JUST showed adult Renton finally, and at the very end it said the show is coming to a close very soon (probably an hour-long ending or something).
      Originally set to air its last episode on 27 September 2012, the series went on a two week hiatus due to the 2012 Summer Olympics, thus ending its run on the third-to-last episode. The date for the two final episodes' broadcast is still to be announced.[2]
      I highly doubt this is the main reason ... I think part of it is low interest. A lot of people (in Japan) expressed their distaste in "rewriting" the story from the original Eureka Seven and felt that the series should've ended where it did. I did like E7 AO for the first few episodes, but then it got all fucking weird, it stopped making any contextual sense and then the story felt like it was being rushed way too much. I'm not sad to see it end, but just disappointed that they didn't realize the full potential of what they had.

Note the 2012/13 Winter listing isn't complete and that's because half of the TV shows weren't fully confirmed and pilots would probably run sometime in early December (what they call pre-Air ... most people don't know this, but quite a bit of anime series don't get the green light if their pre-Air didn't generate enough buzz/command enough viewers) I heard rumors of a second season of Bamboo Blade airing and set to air sometime this month but I have seen no news regarding this. I'm still waiting on the "second" half of Saki Episode of Side A and was hoping for a "second" half of Kannagi. Since Bleach ended, Studio Pierrot picked up another long (and probably end up dragging) series called "Kingdom", based on China's Warring States Era. Oh and Shiawase no Pan has yet to see a proper finish (Wonder if Sega lost interest) I'm also jonesing for more Working (Working!!! ?)

Uh ... I'm disappointed in Tari Tari ending so soon especially after a successful run of Hanasaku Iroha. I wanted to see more :/

Comment

Yeah it did get a little too weird (and for no real reason, unlike in the original series) particularly with regards to Truth.

However, now that Renton is finally back in the picture maybe the ending will at least make it interesting. It's too bad that they're going to cut it so much short than the original series as well, since so far it feels like they've been building up to some huge mind-fuck like the original series did, but that's probably a red herring.

Kind of a shame too, as it started off OK enough and BONES is one of my favorite studios. Fuckers need to make Darker than Black 3 already, as 2's ending was just sheer bullshit and left far more questions than answers. At least season 1, while still very open, was done in such a way that you can just leave it to your imagination - 2 was a cliffhanger.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
          Yeah it did get a little too weird (and for no real reason, unlike in the original series) particularly with regards to Truth.

However, now that Renton is finally back in the picture maybe the ending will at least make it interesting. It's too bad that they're going to cut it so much short than the original series as well, since so far it feels like they've been building up to some huge mind-fuck like the original series did, but that's probably a red herring.

Kind of a shame too, as it started off OK enough and BONES is one of my favorite studios. Fuckers need to make Darker than Black 3 already, as 2's ending was just sheer bullshit and left far more questions than answers. At least season 1, while still very open, was done in such a way that you can just leave it to your imagination - 2 was a cliffhanger.
          I was hoping that this would be extended another season at least because with Renton in the picture, this will require some backstory, a couple of "fillers", and keep pushing the story forward. Like I said, I think it was rushed, for whatever reasons, because they could've *easily* paced this out in a more pleasant manner.

Comment

Yeah I think so too. I mean, there hardly won't be any time to fully explore Renton & Ao's relationship, or just what the hell's been going on all this time (and what about Ao's older sister?!)
            sigpic

Comment

Okay, so the guys behind K-On and Nichijou are behind a new series that aired a couple of days ago called Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! and so far I've liked what I've seen in the first episode. Definitely a series to look out for. Shinsekai Yori is a bit weird but I'll hang around for a few episodes to see where it takes me. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun has been endearing and funny (produced by the guys behind Durarara!! and Sengoku Collection) and I kind of wanted to see more. Zetsuen no Tempest is by Bones and it has the feel of a cross between X'amd and Wolf's Rain ... or at least it does for me. Definitely gonna follow it this season.

Kinda waiting on the weekend lineup. It will be interesting to say the least.

Okay, I just watched what could potentially become the best "original" anime series of 2012, if not the best anime period. Watch "K" if you can. So much win.
              Last edited by Aeni; 10-04-2012, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Shin Sekai Yori is actually pretty neat from what i've seen so far as a sorta mystery and I'm enjoying Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun as my comedy of this season

Comment

I'm looking forward to this:

I'm getting the game ASAP next year.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait a loooooong time to get the movie.
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

So is that like a dating sim or some crap? I don't get it.
                    sigpic

Comment

its a game based on the anime "to aru majutsu no index". its not a bad watch and the manga gets much darker

Comment

Originally posted by Zempten View Post
                        Shin Sekai Yori is actually pretty neat from what i've seen so far as a sorta mystery and I'm enjoying Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun as my comedy of this season
                        Have you seen 「Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!」 yet?

I like Robotics;Notes ... it's like a bit of Tari Tari with memorable characters (so far). I have faith in Production I.G.

Oh ... Magi ... so far, I like the anime, and I think it's likely to end up as intriguing as Dantalian no Shoka.

Comment

Gah!

Having to wait a week for each new SAO episode is killing me. orz

And this is precisely why I try to watch series until they are over. So I don't have to wait to see all the episodes once I'm hooked.
                          sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                            Gah!

Having to wait a week for each new SAO episode is killing me. orz

And this is precisely why I try to watch series until they are over. So I don't have to wait to see all the episodes once I'm hooked.
                            Meh ... adds suspense in your life.

Comment

sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                              X