Anime you should not watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime you should not watch

Everyone's always asking for recommendations, but I figure we could do with a counter-balance to that.

List your anime series that you thought were awful enough that you'd like to discourage other people from watching them.

I'll go first: Canaan

I finally finished watching it tonight, or at least as close as I'm going to get. The whole thing was an absolute mess. It couldn't decide if it wanted to be pseudo-philosophy, the power of love and friendship or a genuine action series, but it managed to fail on pretty much all accounts. I made it to the last episode because I kept hoping it would eventually go somewhere, but it didn't. It's like someone took a first draft of a vague idea for a show and ran with it all the way to production. There could have been an interesting story here, but instead we just get lots of angst and tonal shifts throughout the entire series.

This show was so bad I couldn't finish the last episode.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Re: Anime you should not watch

I thought most anime that were bad ended up being canned within 2 to 3 episodes into a season? Although, admittedly, we're talking about personal opinions and cultural preferences. I know that a couple of series that were lauded in Japan had stones cast on them by Western critics and most of that was founded on cultural ignorance.

Comment

Working...
    X