Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" Evangelion movie

Clicky

I say "new" because it's just yet another rethink and reworking on the original content. I believe they're just editing all of the original episodes into a single film, guess we'll wait and see. Eva was and is my favourite series so I'll be picking this up.

Re: "New" Evangelion movie

I believe they're just editing all of the original episodes into a single film, guess we'll wait and see.
    Not quite.
    Originally posted by Wikipedia
    On September 9, 2006, Gainax confirmed a new animated film series called Rebuild of Evangelion, consisting of four movies to be released in 2007 and 2008 originally. However, only the first film was released in 2007, and the second in 2009. The first three movies will be an alternate retelling of the TV series (including new scenes, settings, backgrounds, characters), and the fourth movie will be a completely new conclusion to the story.[10] The first of the new movies was released in Japan on September 1, 2007 under the name Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone. The second, Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance debuted in theaters on June 27, 2009.
    I've been told it's pretty different. There's a new character+Eva, and I believe Kaworu appears relatively early.

Comment

Well that's news to me. Three films to cover the original series is better than one. I just hope they don't take out some of the more obscure religious references, that always made Eva interesting. Also I hope they include a good commentary again, the ones on the original films were really good.

Comment

They're actually playing this at the theatre across the street from my school. It's a tiny little theatre that seems to only play some obscure films.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

I thought this was a topic about the Live Action Evangelion movie. I was getting ready to scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
          {New Sig in the works}
          -----------------------
          "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
          "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
          Originally posted by Solymir
          What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Ah Evangelion....the memories. One of the finest older animes, I just hope this movie is worth watching.
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Hopefully all of them will get released even if it is a film every two years, the trailer knocks the socks of my subbed version of the series on VCD its that old.

Now, to see if its playing anywhere in the civilised world.

Comment

If it's not on at the Cornerhouse it'll be on in Warrington.

Comment

Working...
                X