Eureka Seven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eureka Seven

Ok, so I'm up to Episode 33, and this is pure bad-assery, period. Who's seen this series? And, to those who haven't yet - it's late as hell right now, but expect a 10+ item list containing all the reasons why this anime is pure win and you should go download it immediately by tomorrow.

Re: Eureka Seven

I haven't watch this anime. What is it about?
    Server: Quetzalcoatl
    Race: Hume Rank 7
    75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

The story takes place in a world where, at some point in the past, particles called Transparence Light Particles (Trapar, for short) began to emerge, natural disasters began to occur, and the world was thrown into chaos. A man named Adrock Thruston invented a device called the Compac Drive and died saving the world. Since then, people have discovered that you can ride the trapar waves by using boards made out of a special material, and a sport called Reffing developed. As long as there are trapar waves, you can ride them and "surf" in the sky.

The main character is Renton Thurston, a 14-year-old boy that loves reffing, and Adrock's son. He idolizes a group of reffers called Gekko State, led by a man named Holland, who's known for a move he calls the Cut-back Drop-turn. Renton lives with his grandfather, who's bent on forcing Renton to follow in his footsteps and become a mechanic. One day, as Renton is reflecting on how much he hates Bellforest, and he gets into an argument with his grandfather, an LFO piloted by a mysterous young girl crashes into Renton's grandfather's shop/home. It turns out the LFO ("Light Finding Operation," mechs usually used for battle, which can also ref in the air with gigantic boards) is the Nirvash typeZERO, the original and ultimate LFO. The military comes after the girl, Eureka (which happens to be a member of Gekko State,) destroying what was left of Renton's home in the process. Gekko State's members and the military get into an aerial battle, and Renton's grandfather gives him a device Adrock left behind called the Amita Drive, which is supposed to awaken the Nirvash to its true abilities. After delivering it, Renton joins Gekko State, and the series takes off from there, with Renton trying to learn the truth about his father's death, his older sister's whereabouts (she left home looking for Adrock,) the connection between Holland, Renton's grandfather, Renton's older sister, and Adrock, Holland's and Gekko State's true goals, and Eureka, who seems to be able to communicate with the Nirvash.

The animation for this series is really damned good. As I understand it, it was made by the same studio that made Cowboy Bebop (for that matter, most of the 50 episodes have titles with musical references.) The music is beyond awesome, in my opinion. The mechas are totally bad-ass, and so is the premise of mechas surfing in the skies. The characters are very unique and interesting. Also, this is the first anime I've seen where the protagonist is an adolescent boy that actually has balls. Seriously, Renton's maturity matches his age, but the kid's got guts. Also, for what it's worth, the female characters are totally hot, and Renton's infatuation with Eureka is pretty cute. Also, I have to say that the plot is turning out to be quite amazing, and this is one of the most original series I've seen in a while. I seriously suggest you look into it (or look it up on Anime News Network or whatever.)

Comment

Hmm, can I get the address for the tracker?

I'm asuming it's a torrent, but the place I usually go to download Anime doesn't have it yet.

(PM works too ) Thanks
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I got it from a friend, I'd have to ask him D: Also, the series has already been licensed (it's on Adult Swim) so you may have a bit of trouble finding torrents. I'll get back to you on that one. By the way, all that info is given to you in the first three episodes, it's amazing how deep this series goes.

Comment

Nooooooooo!

There goes my chance of watching the anime without crappy dubbing destroying it.

I simply pass on any Anime I can't watch in japanese, I just can't bear to watch it in another language.
            sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Watched it dubbed, and hated it. It tried too hard to be some sort of hip.

Skyfish!? We call them BIRDS.

Comment

When I first saw the series I thought it was really lame, that it was about that sky surfing sport, so I instantly left, then one day I came back and Eureka was shooting things up, and I decided to watch more. Turns out it wasn't about a sport, and was actually a sci-fi war anime, needless to say, I've been watching since.
                Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

I actually enjoy the dub quite a bit. It started out rocky, but all of them do. There aren't many anime I really, really like dubbed but this is one of them. I'd recommend at least checking it out.
                  "In just refusing to retreat from something one gains the strength of two men" -Shungaku
                  Sig by Tsuko~

Comment

I guess I would try to find the DVD rip.. oops

Hopefully the ending of this anime is good. A few recent anime made by BONES starts great, but messed up at the halfway/end, imho.

Comment

Really I just like having something to look forward to watching every Saturday, and I'm too lazy/my HD is too full to DL the whole thing XD

I actually love the way Bones ends most of their series. I thought the Champloo and Wolf's Rain endings were classic.
                      "In just refusing to retreat from something one gains the strength of two men" -Shungaku
                      Sig by Tsuko~

Comment

So aparently E7 has 50 episodes (24 more than I expected ) and they seem to be all uploaded in Japanese.

I'm watching Ep 9 right now.
                        sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

I just finished Episode 50. Oh man, that ending was good So good that I think I'll draw some fanart just because. By the way, if anyone else needs a link to the torrent, I talked to my friend Ed and he found it for me. Just contact me (preferrably through AIM) and I'll link you!

Comment

I really liked the series, when Renton went postal I was afraid it was gonna end like Eva, but thankfully it didn't.

(Evangelion's ending traumatized me, oh the years of therapy I have ahead of me...)

Days and Shounen Heart are good songs to.

(I don't have AIM so could you PM me the tracker's address please? )
                            sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Just watch ep 1 - 7 last night. This anime rocks ^o^!

Comment

Working...
                              X