AdultSwim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AdultSwim?

just my opinion, but whats with these shows lately, just to name a few, tom goes to mayor, squidbillies, pee wee, some show about a mouse, i thought adult swim was about good adult anime, some of these shows don't even make sense, true i find randomness funny, but only to a certian extent say robot chicken or family guy, those shows makes me laugh, but come on....anyone else feel the same way?

Re: AdultSwim?

Adult swim is all the shows that Cartoon Network isn't allowed to show without a content rating warning. That includes, but obviously isn't limited to, anime. I only watch when I can catch .hack, InuYasha, or I'm utterly bored and have nothing to do late at night. Otherwise it's not worth much...

Main Job: 70RDM/BLM or WHM ~ Fairy (I hate you, Maat)
    Currently Leveling: 49WHM/BLM
    Windurst Rank 10 ~ As of 5/25/07! Woot!

My Fanfiction (please read, or at least skim!)

Susan>> Babies are just like people.
    Susan>> Just smaller.
    [GM]Dave>> But I don't like people.
    [GM]Dave>> I hate people.
    Susan>> Babies are like small people that can't talk.
    [GM]Dave>> ...
    [GM]Dave>> I'm listening.

Comment

I like to catch some of the newer anime on there. Although it is often horibly chopped up from the origional when ported over. (Just avoid any that are modified by the company "For kids" wow they do some butchery).

Lately the listings have left me skipping most of their content. I watch Inusha, Full Metal Alcamist, Flee from Peewees playhouse and turn chanel away faster when it's Tom goes down on the Mayor

Comment

haha yea man, i pretty much watch the same, and am unsure why they put that other (in my opinion) crap on the air

Comment

Uh, Robot Chicken, anyone?
          How about Aqua Teen Hunger Force? Sealab 2021 (if they're still showing it)? Family Guy? Those are all solid shows worth watching.

Anime's great, but really, there's other forms of entertainment. I swear. I've seen it with my own eyes. I'd see if it was a big deal if most cable/satillite carriers didn't have a dedicated anime channel, but that isn't the case.

Comment

oh, i haven't watched adult swim since they underminded the good anime from weeknights and lessen the number of anime shown on saturdays
            Let's see a return of the good stuff and keep the good new stuff on
            Tenchi, Outlaw Star, Gundam, Pilot Canidate, Kikiader and .hack//SIGN anyone?
            Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Venture Bros = absolutely freaking hilarious
              There I said it.
              I know Bleach is on saturday nights, I've heard its great.
              I never could get into anime much, but I did like Full Metal and Cowboy bebop.
              Inuyasha, Full Metal, and GitS: SAC are all on every weekday night. Granted, they're usually reruns, but it is atleast an hour and a half of anime for ya.
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Adult Swim = anime on Saturday Night and adult American cartoons on Sunday night. It's been that way for as long as I can remember it. And yes, Venture Brothers and Deathlock rocketh. Family Guy and the Boondocks are pretty good too. Life isn't always about anime people. Stop and smell the variety.

Tom and the Mayor, 12 oz Mouse, Squidbillies, and Pee Wee's Playhouse blow major chunks. That is all.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Minoriteam is the biggest piece of crap ever.
                My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                Originally posted by Balfree
                Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

The problem with anime is that they can only show so much before it's all reruns, as the good shows only have 24~ episodes.

Besides, this wasn't about why is it not all anime, it's why is here so little of it,and why do most of the shows they show really, really...really suck?

Comment

Originally posted by Nekomieu View Post
                    The problem with anime is that they can only show so much before it's all reruns, as the good shows only have 24~ episodes.
                    Besides, this wasn't about why is it not all anime, it's why is here so little of it,and why do most of the shows they show really, really...really suck?
                    Probably because it's hard to find good anime shows. A lot of anime out there is liscensed by other networks already. And since the demographic for adult swim is mostly young males, there's probably not much "suitable for TV series" left out there besides romantic comedies and hentai. Let's also take into consideration that they can't liscense unlimited series or even whatever they want to liscense. They have to pick and choose and make decisions. Which translates into a limited lineup that matches only with a certain group of people's tastes.
                    My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                    Originally posted by Balfree
                    Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

I guess I'm the only one that really things its fine.
                      Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

I don't watch Adult Swim for anime, that's what the internets are for.(Dattebayo fansubs FTW, they do Bleach quite well...)

I want to see more Aqua Teen, Sealab, etc... that's what Adult Swim is to me.(Though I will admit I began watching Adult Swim for the anime)
                        sigpic

Comment

Ironic how the channel is called Adult Swim, yet they don't show any anime for grown ups. Only shounen action aimed at teenage boys and butchered by funky dubs.

Robot Chicken and Family Guy are great even for more mature audiences but they're not anime, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Maju View Post
                            Ironic how the channel is called Adult Swim, yet they don't show any anime for grown ups. Only shounen action aimed at teenage boys and butchered by funky dubs.
                            Yeah, that's called "marketing". Teenagers in general will be more apt to buy, tune in, or otherwise support something if it seems "mature" or would make them so. Also consider that the name is meant to represent a change in the content to something a bit more violent/controversial/morally dicy (though I hardly consider Inuyasha any more violent or offensive than, say, the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy).
                            It's not ironic, just a deliberate aim to attain a big money-spending demographic; the 16-24 year old male.

Comment

The only merit Adult Swim has is for picking up Futurama when Fox decided to drop it.

Fox is run by idiots, which leads me to my next point: Comedy Central is run by idiots. But Comedy Cental picked up new seasons of Futurama, and I can't tell if that's good or bad. 90% of what they show on Comedy Central is 100% crap. They need to revert back to the good ole' days of Kids in the Hall, Mr. Show, UCB, SNL, and Mad TV.

/rant

Comment

Working...
                              X