Big-O I'm Confused!!! *Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big-O I'm Confused!!! *Spoilers*

Ok, apparently I just saw the last episode. Even though I think I've seen every one, or near every one, I have no clue what the hell I just witnessed.

Ok, several episodes ago Roger dreamed that he was a vagrant and the Beck was a banker in the building that was his house, or something like that. And the life he thought he had was all made up or something?
    The guy in the white suit, Rosewater? Wants to rule the city (since apparently they're the only people left in the world? Except maybe the people from the Union who I dont know who they are either.)
    Does it just leave it to conjecture how the memories were lost?
    The last episode really threw me for a loop when he sees himself on tv, then a bunch of robots that are him, then himself as a vagrant again, then a ton of Big-O's marching around, etc.
    Seriously, I know anime isnt exactly supposed to explain everything, but holy crap, its like watching the last 4 minutes of The Usual Suspects and nothing else. Except I've seen everything I know to be the series. NOTHING MAKES SENSE!
    If anyone could shed some light on all of this, that would be great. Perhaps give me an all around summary on this show, since apparently even though I 've watched I have no clue what happened.
    Thank you.
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Re: Big-O I'm Confused!!! *Spoilers*

:\ big-o never made any sense to me especially after that episode about red (the one with the dorothy look-a-like and had a red cape..)

Comment

The last episode was messed up. I kind of got the impression that the enitire city was a giant t.v. studio like that Jim Carrey movie. Only this time, no one knew about it, except maybe Rosewater's father. It's been awhile since I've seen it, though.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
      Personality Tests

Comment

From what I know, the season supposedly ended abruptly at the 12th or 13th episode in Japan. Due to popular demand and the Big-O Committee giving in, it got extended to the full 26 episode-season (There was a blurb about this several months back in an issue of NewType USA which I subscribe to). However, CN stopped running Big-O on the original season ender. I think the title of the last episode in that series (26th episode) read "The Show Must Go On." I wondered when CN would show Big-O in entirety, but at least where I live, I haven't seen anything from CN about it (The only active series I see are InuYasha, Samurai Champloon, GITS:SAC 2, Scryed, Cowboy Bebop reruns, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Full Metal Alchemist 2, which rounds out the anime. Friday blows -- they used to show .Hack, Gundam Seed W and a few other shows)

Comment

Originally posted by Yossar
          The last episode was messed up. I kind of got the impression that the enitire city was a giant t.v. studio like that Jim Carrey movie. Only this time, no one knew about it, except maybe Rosewater's father. It's been awhile since I've seen it, though.
          I believe that is correct. I can't remember it since its been awhile since I've seen the ending, but I believe that's what it all was.
          Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
            From what I know, the season supposedly ended abruptly at the 12th or 13th episode in Japan. Due to popular demand and the Big-O Committee giving in, it got extended to the full 26 episode-season (There was a blurb about this several months back in an issue of NewType USA which I subscribe to). However, CN stopped running Big-O on the original season ender. I think the title of the last episode in that series (26th episode) read "The Show Must Go On."
            From what I recall reading a the studio's official site, they were funded for one season and produced the first 13 episodes. They had more story that they wished to produce, but funding to do so was largely dependent on how well-recieved the first season would prove to be.

After its broadcast on CN, gaining North American exposure, there proved to be enough collective interest in the show that they were able to secure funding to produce the second season.

Though I was quite interested in seeing the second season, once it arrived I found myself not enjoying it quite as much as I had the first season.
            Certain elements of it were quite interesting, I'll readily admit, but in the broad view, I think I rather liked it ending at episode 13, with the questions, suspense, and imagination left hanging as they were. It was... a more "effective" ending.
            Tenmiles
            Lakshmi
            Monk - Mentor

Comment

Originally posted by rika
              :\ big-o never made any sense to me especially after that episode about red (the one with the dorothy look-a-like and had a red cape..)
              Me either...

Comment

Working...
              X