Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That Notorious Toonami is at it again...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That Notorious Toonami is at it again...

    Well, according to Anime On DVD, Rurouni Kenshin will premiere on Toonami on March 17th...

    Why!? Such a beautiful and touching TV Series, another victim of Americanization and censorship.

    DAMN YOU, CARTOON NETWORK!
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

    WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

  • #2
    kenshin wouldn't get edited that much it is only a PG-13 rated show.

    Comment


    • #3
      NOOOO~!!!!! Grr.. I hate cartoon network.. Why screw up kenshin!!!??? >_<!

      (sig made by raijin at narutoEX.com)

      Comment


      • #4
        Time to make explosives ^_^



        Edit: I'M REALLY PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!! KENSHINS MY FAVORITE SHOW !!!!!!
        Current levels:

        Sam: 60 Mnk: 31 War: 31 Thf: 22 Brd: 18 Ninja: 23 Pld: 13 Drk: 13 Whm: 11 Drg: 9 Rng: 20 Bst: 6 Smn: 8

        Recent News: AF Complete/LB3 Complete

        Comment


        • #5
          Ok, cartoon network may censor some stuff, personally I don't think theres a point to cencoring words or anything, I mean for instance "curse" words are only bad because people made them bad, after all words are jsut made up, and if no one thought they were bad it wouldnt matter, also like money really... people want money because other people want it, and thus they can get stuff, but if no one wants gold, as gold really doesn't do anyhting for you except you can give it to people for stuff, because they want it, because they can trade it for somethhing, thus it goes in a circle, and back to the point, thus cencorship is stupid, and theres no point in ranting about it, unless you would like to go to court, and then some how take it to the supreme court, but I doubt you want to do that, because I doubt most of you can debate well enough to do it...

          Comment


          • #6
            Look I'm against cencorship but it's the only way I'll ever get to see a lot of anime for free. I'm about to start buying the Gundam Wing series on DVD and that is gonna put a BIG dent in my pocket.
            " Get me a ladder and I'll Flare you in your face!"
            Tuno

            Comment


            • #7
              Yu Yu Hakusho is my FAVORITE show i wish they could get some new episodes:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

              Comment


              • #8
                The way I see it, editing is bad. But at least Cartoon network is making an effort to show anime, unlike Fox which only shows trendy kids programming, Cartoon Network has attempted to obtain popular series (Eva, Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop...) Sure they edit it now, but they may come to realize in the future that people don't want them to edit. Look at the way things are now as a starting point, and things don't look quite so bad.

                Comment


                • #9
                  they're going to take out the religious references in Eva >_< man that sux.
                  chronomoose's art site

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hmm, Rurouni Kenshin wasn't on CN there yet? It's been on CN in brazil for quite a while now...
                    Ramuh-
                    Ashtear: THF27 ; MNK24 ;; WAR10 ;; RDM03 ;; BLM03

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      They don't have to take out the religuous references so what makes you think they would? I mean they have a cult in Reign: The Conqueror.
                      " Get me a ladder and I'll Flare you in your face!"
                      Tuno

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Reign: The Conqueror isn't going to be aired on Cartoon Network.

                        Don't worry about the whole EVA thing. CN's only showing the first two episodes, apparently. It's their problem if they lure a bunch of 11 year olds into something they shouldn't be watching, causing angry parents to protest Toonami and have all anime taken off TV. (Yeah, I wish...)
                        PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                        Rockman - Fairy

                        WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                        WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                        Currently Playing:
                        FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Reign: The Conqueror is already being aired on Cartoon Network man. 11:00 central 12:00 eastern. Monday through Thursday.
                          " Get me a ladder and I'll Flare you in your face!"
                          Tuno

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            not where i live. i believe home movies is on at that time in Atlanta. meh.
                            PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                            Rockman - Fairy

                            WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                            WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                            Currently Playing:
                            FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Reign comes on right after Home Movies.
                              " Get me a ladder and I'll Flare you in your face!"
                              Tuno

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X