This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Worst Animes Ever Created

ok, so if you saw something you didn't like, spill it.

And by the way, just cuz I don't like something doesn't mean it's bad. It's just my opinion.

Here's my top 5...

5) Brain Powerd - Boring as hell. Sort of like Gundam ripoff meets Evangelion ripoff. And let's just say I LOVE Yokko Kanno, but this isn't her best work. Ok, it was the worst she's ever done, but I'm not dissing her in any way, she's a wonderful composer.

4) Wild Arms - For the last time, games do not make good anime series! Argh, when will they learn???

3) TIE---Dragonball Z and Ninja Scroll - Both highly overrated, both filled with senseless violence and extremely lame storylines...I couldn't decide, 'cuz they're so similar in mentality!

2) I'm Gonna be an Angel! - This story was totally screwed up. It made no sense. The animation was good, but the series sucked. This is what would be if Go Nagai tried to make something along the lines of Sailor Moon.

1) Fist of the North Star - Nothing gets me angrier than senseless violence. But, when senseless violence goes on and on for so many senseless episodes, I tend to go mad. This monstrosity was so popular in the late 80's and early 90's, and I have a friend who worships it. Well, I just can't stand the sight of some dude with a REALLY bad hairstyle and no shirt goin' around beating up other dudes with REALLY bad hairstyles and no shirts. Some times too much testosterone is too much for any sane man.
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

You put Ninja Scroll as bad........ *runs away crying*
    "Somewhere Evil stirs in a land that's in need of a Hero..." - Simone, Shining Force I

Comment

I thought The Final Fantasy two video series was just plain awful. I'm not talking about Final Fantasy Unlimited or Final Fantasy: TSW. I'm talking about that other one. If you still don't know what I'm talking about, you're better off and I envy you.

Fist of the North Star was so bad it was funny.

One Piece. DBZ with pirates? No thanks.

Samurai Deeper Kyo. A lot of people like this one. A LOT of people. I can't figure out why. The characters are cardboard, overpowered, and predictable. The story is uninteresting, cliche, and predictable. The layout is ripped off from Rurouni Kenshin, only they don't do nearly as well at making it a period piece as Watsuki did. If it were any less original they'd get sued for copyright infringement left and right. Other than that, it's primarily an action series, but the action sequences are incredibly dull, and often times they're just still images. Still, people love it. Maybe that annoys me more than anything else.

Hellsing. It started out well, I thought. Good animation. Decent music. Interesting story. I don't remember where exactly it fell apart, but when it did it did so completely. Then they run out of money or something because they really start to rush the story and the animation quality tanks. Then it ends. Maybe. Difficult to say for sure.

Comment

I won't start a rant, but....

I take it Evangelion is considered a masterpiece by everyone?

(Dons flame-retardant jacket):sweat:
        "Perhaps to the soldier the civilian is the man who employs him to kill, who includes the guilt of murder in the pay-envelope and escapes responsibility."
        --The Quiet American

Comment

Tenchi Muyo: Couldn't stand it.
          Neon Genesis Evangelion:
          Guerilla_Radio* I agree with you. Its the most over-rated anime ever. I mean the guy used his life story to create the story of Evangelion. All the characters and ideas were just mere reflections of his emotions.
          Final Fantasy Unlimited: It was the same thing over and over again. Oh look a enemy *summon* he's dead. Theres another one *summon* he's dead.
          .hack: Lame ass story and characters.

* Flame me if you want these are my opinions , if you don't like it TOugh!*

" Trust in me and fall as well."

Comment

Fist...

LOL, Fist of the North Star is hilarious. I mean seriously, so much violence and so little substance, put together in such extrenuous amounts you just can't help but laugh.
            To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
            And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
            Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
            And eternity in an hour.
            William Blake (1757 - 1827)

Comment

hey c'mon now! i realise that anno pretty much molded shinji after his own life and emotions hes went through, but how can u ignore the deep, complex storyline, artistic style, brilliant religious tie ins, and high quality animation!? eva is without a doubt a timeless anime masterpiece, it is a work that involves the audience in a thought provoking plot and is truly not meant for ur typical dbz fanboy.it can hardly b put under a worst anime thread less u b ignorant to greatness, but i spose if u can ignore the aspects of the series that make it a classic, then im very sorry for u, perhaps ud like it if they threw in some mindless drivel cuz maybe the intellectual side is one that is a bit too tricky for u...end rant now...........

Comment

Final Fantasy Unlimited - I had high hopes for this anime, but in the end it became one of the most dissapointing titles I ever watched. The CG animation didn't blend in well, the villians were uninspiring, and the main character are just plain annoying.

Dragonball Z - Bad, just plain bad. Nonexistant storyline, cliche villians and heroes, repetitive dialogue is but a few of it's major flaws. A usual episode contains nothing but mind numbing violence, huge fireballs, and endless filler talk O.o

Record Of Lodoss War TV series - Don't confuse this with the OVA, since the OVA rules ^^ The TV series consist 26 boring episodes. The main flaws are it's weak character designs, lethargic plot movement, and choppy B-grade animation.

Tenchi Muyo - I just never got into it, perhaps it was because of the horrible english dub (the female voices sound like nails of chalkboard ><)

Angels Tail - Put in 1 guy and 15 girls reborn from his dead pets and you'll soon realize why this anime stopped at 12 episodes.

Comment

Hey cloud you forgot "welcome to lodoss island" as part of that crappy TV lodoss series
                  "Somewhere Evil stirs in a land that's in need of a Hero..." - Simone, Shining Force I

Comment

I like Fist of the North Star and Ninja Scroll...

Comment

hmm... worst anime... I'd have to say Dragonball Z is one of them.. I didn't like Escaflowne too much either.. i can't think of any more right now, I'll post again later.. *his teacher is coming*

(sig made by raijin at narutoEX.com)

Comment

Samurai Deeper Kyo is an OK manga, but they changed a lot things for the TV series, and I do mean a lot. Not defending it that much, as I haven't read the whole series yet. I stopped watching the anime after the first few episodes.

Comment

Excel saga, while funny, lost its touch in Ep. 6.

Comment

heh, sorry if i upset some people with my choices. that's just me. lemme just say that i TOTALLY understand if you like any of those and feel slightly offended and/or if you wanna kill me...i understand that we all have different tastes. if we all liked the same stuff, it'd be pretty damn boring.

say all you want about evangelion, i worship it!
                            PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                            Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                            WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                            Currently Playing:
                            FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Didn't like Escaflowne! You oughta be kicked. Anyways I sorta liked the Tenchi Series. DBZ was cool for a while...until Hercule got in the show and Gohan became 3rd most powerful now it's repetitive and I hate it. Could Zoids be considered real anime? If so it sucks, along with Pokemon, Card Captors, Digimon, and anything else that involves the raising or training or something. Oh yea Sailor Moon.

There were FF Animes? Anyone know where I can download or buy them?
                              " Get me a ladder and I'll Flare you in your face!"
                              Tuno

Comment

Working...
                              X