Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samurai X

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Samurai X

    Well I just want to talk about it because I haven't seen a topic on this well... who seen it? and do ya like it? I have seen all of them and they rock

    PS Enishi is the man!
    Blm.75 - Whm.56 - Mnk.58 - Rdm.48 - Nin.37 - War.37 - Drk.37

    Merits - 98
    Goldsmith - 85.2

  • #2
    i watched the first 4 OVA's but i am really lost. Now when i watch TV they have than Roruni Kenshin show 0_o . Are the OVA's the begging of the Kenshin thing. And what are all the Ova's.

    Help a poor lost guy. as you can tell i am knew to Anime thing.

    The only Anime i am good with is .hack and Hellsing

    Comment


    • #3
      I bought the first VHS (as I did not have a DVD player at the time, and I also bought the OAV) I liked what I saw (The first two episodes) been strapped for cash though and haven't really been interested in purchasing the rest of the series because there are so many other anime's that I want over it. ^^

      I don't get why the OAV was drawn in Rourini Kenshin style and not the Samurai X style. :confused:

      EDIT: I meant Rurouni not Rourini Can never remember how to pronounce or spell it. :sweat:
      <:3_)~

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by vagtark
        i watched the first 4 OVA's but i am really lost. Now when i watch TV they have than Roruni Kenshin show 0_o . Are the OVA's the begging of the Kenshin thing. And what are all the Ova's.

        Help a poor lost guy. as you can tell i am knew to Anime thing.

        The only Anime i am good with is .hack and Hellsing
        Well I dont know much either :sweat: correct me if I am wrong people...

        Roruni Kenshin: Persent
        Samurai X: the Pass/Future

        There are more OVA's (6 and 7) but it's mainly his future
        1 threw 4 is the pass and Ruroni Kenshin I belive is the persent
        Don't use my information tho I am not that sure :sweat:
        Blm.75 - Whm.56 - Mnk.58 - Rdm.48 - Nin.37 - War.37 - Drk.37

        Merits - 98
        Goldsmith - 85.2

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Balgas
          I don't get why the OAV was drawn in Rourini Kenshin style and not the Samurai X style. :confused:
          heh who knows.. I think it's because Rourini Kenshin was made first then Samurai X to try to get views into the "bouttosai" and his future.

          *spoiler*
          He gets a son named Kenji XD he's pretty cool
          *spoiler*
          Blm.75 - Whm.56 - Mnk.58 - Rdm.48 - Nin.37 - War.37 - Drk.37

          Merits - 98
          Goldsmith - 85.2

          Comment


          • #6
            ok thanks, i kinda understand it now. does anyone know were i can download all Samurai X and Roruni Kenshin shows instead of kazza. I deleted kazza again, for the seconed time. ><

            who is kenshin's wife then ??

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by vagtark
              who is kenshin's wife then ??

              Two of then Tomoe and Karou....

              *spoiler*
              Tomoe dies because of Kenshin...

              Karou dies because of a diesase given to kenshin (that's what im guessing)
              *spoiler*
              Blm.75 - Whm.56 - Mnk.58 - Rdm.48 - Nin.37 - War.37 - Drk.37

              Merits - 98
              Goldsmith - 85.2

              Comment


              • #8
                Ruroni means wandering or wanderer in japanese (correct me if i'm wrong) Ruroni Kenshin is just the japanese title, whereas samurai X is just the american title.:sweat: As for the OVAs, the first 4 episodes talk his days of being a hitokiri and how he got the name battousai,how he got the scar and why he stopped killing. As for the episode 5 and 6, it follows up after the manga and finally concludes the whole series. which is kinda of sad

                Comment


                • #9
                  yeah it is sad but look in the bright side..... um yahiko (also the man) gets better and Kenji (hes ok) also I hope... I think... XD
                  Blm.75 - Whm.56 - Mnk.58 - Rdm.48 - Nin.37 - War.37 - Drk.37

                  Merits - 98
                  Goldsmith - 85.2

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    yeah the OVAs are the beggining and ending of the rurouni kenshin story. They dont really tie in with the tv series and anyone that has seen them knows that it is a different character design and animation. I personally like watching the japanese version because (and back me up on this) the english version and even the dubbed version have changed the dialog and stuff and in some episodes completely screwing up the story.
                    Have a nice day!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Zach Imato
                      yeah the OVAs are the beggining and ending of the rurouni kenshin story. They dont really tie in with the tv series and anyone that has seen them knows that it is a different character design and animation. I personally like watching the japanese version because (and back me up on this) the english version and even the dubbed version have changed the dialog and stuff and in some episodes completely screwing up the story.
                      I slightly agree with you. Samurai X is kinda like half Rouroni Kenshin and half of "Samurai X" (Mainly the pass). I also agree with you about character personallties they do change kenshin is more serious and less playful than the other one. Well you can See Samurai X and you will get a short term story of Kenshin's life it's basicaly a movie
                      Blm.75 - Whm.56 - Mnk.58 - Rdm.48 - Nin.37 - War.37 - Drk.37

                      Merits - 98
                      Goldsmith - 85.2

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        well, that's also because of the audience for the TV and OAV series. The TV is obviously more of a romantic-action-comedy because it's aimed at a wider audience, with less graphic violence to target it for older kiddies and teenagers, while the OAV is aimed at older teenagers and adults.

                        I prefer goofy over serious, so i like the TV series more :p
                        PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                        Rockman - Fairy

                        WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                        WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                        Currently Playing:
                        FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I wish you can put both of them together which is hard to do:p :spin: but I like Samurai X better
                          Blm.75 - Whm.56 - Mnk.58 - Rdm.48 - Nin.37 - War.37 - Drk.37

                          Merits - 98
                          Goldsmith - 85.2

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            After i watched some of the TV series and samurai x. I can see a big difference. Just because i love all that action and blood and stuff. I like samurai X way better than the TV series. In the TV series Kenshin was a loser and almost everyone was goofy. But in samurai X Kenshin was a badass and everything was serious, which i like in some animes.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah he is very different he rarely smiled in Samurai and NEVER laughed.:p
                              Blm.75 - Whm.56 - Mnk.58 - Rdm.48 - Nin.37 - War.37 - Drk.37

                              Merits - 98
                              Goldsmith - 85.2

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X