FFXIOnline.com Development Team Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXIOnline.com Development Team Interview

Square Enix's Final Fantasy XI Development Team has invited FFXIOnline.com to attend an interview session during the Final Fantasy XI Fan Festival 2007. FFXIOnline.com has been given the opportunity to ask questions on behalf of the community and has been asked to "go ahead and begin soliciting questions" for the Q&A.

In the next few weeks, moderators will be reviewing questions posted in the Ask SquareEnix section, and will be selecting questions for voting. The Moderation and Administration Team encourages you to post your questions and provide support for any questions you feel should be asked during the Final Fantasy XI Fan Festival 2007 Development Team Q&A.

A voting will begin on November 5, 2007 until November 12, 2007 to determine which questions will get asked first during the interview.

When posting questions, please follow posting rules and format. Questions not in the proper format may be removed or ignored.
    Signature was intentionally left blank.

Re: FFXIOnline.com Development Team Interview

Tease! I read the title and thought there was going to be some hot new info heh...

Good to know though about the questions things. I must carefully craft and choose my questions (Balance issues, possibility of Mystic Knight etc..)
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

This is hopefully not another false alarm . . .

Unfortunately, I'm plum out of . . . wait, I think I have one.

I'd better get to thinking up those questions, as well.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

I've already posted everything I wanted to ask, but I'm particularly interested in this particular subject.

If you could consider asking at least this question it would help a lot of players like me with storage issues.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I can't think of anything new to ask except for Wings of the Goddess stuff and that's gonna get shown anyway...
          Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
          (have fun MMO players ^^)
          Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Is this going to be like last time, where S-E's does its "butter up the amateur journalist" thing, and leave very little time for actual questions and even less for answers?

As much as I've enjoyed Pikko's food writing, I don't really want to read more about expensive buttery cooking from restaurants, nor accounts of spending half of a precious day tied up by some battlefield or PvP showcase.

Instead, see if you can get more time to ask hard questions and get some real quality time with the dev/producer and customer support people. More just questions, some free form conversation about the philosophies behind the many design choices would be really nice, too.
            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

More gobbie bags prz
              40 more

fk yes

Comment

Originally posted by 711rocks View Post
                More gobbie bags prz
                40 more
                At least make it so we have a full mog safe for a bag(with all the expansions)
                Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                (have fun MMO players ^^)
                Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                  Is this going to be like last time, where S-E's does its "butter up the amateur journalist" thing, and leave very little time for actual questions and even less for answers?

As much as I've enjoyed Pikko's food writing, I don't really want to read more about expensive buttery cooking from restaurants, nor accounts of spending half of a precious day tied up by some battlefield or PvP showcase.

Instead, see if you can get more time to ask hard questions and get some real quality time with the dev/producer and customer support people. More just questions, some free form conversation about the philosophies behind the many design choices would be really nice, too.
                  That's what we'd like, but the impression we're getting is that this will probably be a more formal Q&A session. I'll try and make sure we ask hardball questions, but suspect that we might get the typical Square-Enix "let me look into that" response on at least some of them...

The notification we received indicates we have time allotted for 10 questions, so it's not just a token "at the end of the panel" type addendum.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                    suspect that we might get the typical Square-Enix "let me look into that" response on at least some of them...
                    Only if you make suggestions. If the questions are simply "What's the dev team's original design goal and expected outcome for this _____ ? Is that the outcome the team is seeing?", they can't really wiggle out of it as easily.

The correct response for suggestions which the team has not looked at in depth before should be "We'll look into it." They can't just answer "Yes" or "No" on the spot.

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                    The notification we received indicates we have time allotted for 10 questions, so it's not just a token "at the end of the panel" type addendum.
                    Meh. -_-# S-E is so stingy with these questions-answer sessions.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                      Meh. -_-# S-E is so stingy with these questions-answer sessions.
                      You'll forgive my saying so, but they're not obligated to answer anything - complaining that you want more in that tone isn't productive. It's a good thing they don't read these forums, or posts like yours would make them give up the whole idea as a bad job.

Icemage

Comment

Perhaps you're right; I've been very negative about the company's communication with NA player community in general, and this site in particular. (That said, the company has been doing a bad job, IMO, though there seem to be attempts at improvements.)

I do wonder if the Japanese players get better access to FFXI info from developers, though. (How else would they have known about enmity modifications on food and able to put exact values to them, for example?)

Can we ask for parity, at least, if we haven't been on even ground with JP players? Not that S-E has any "obligation" to treat NA players the same, but it would seem fair.

- Mugaku

Comment

Um, shouldn't the voting begin by now?
                          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                          Matthew 16:15

Comment

i hear we get 10 more inv slots
                            its better than nothing
                            i am excited

fk yes

Comment

I apologize, the questions are currently being reviewed before being posted for a short voting. I should have something by Friday afternoon (tomorrow).
                              Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                              X