Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FFXIV BETA Test Application has begun

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
    If thats really true, then its sad that they developed it on an Nvida, and that was the cards that has so much trouble for a while with the game
    GeForce Cards from the 4 series and older had no problems and did perform better with FFXI then ATI cards at the time did. It was the FX and higher, where nVidia changed to their unified driver type that introduced the problems. The issues that FFXI had with was nvidias poor ability to handle older dx paths after they changed how they released their drivers. Which is why a single driver release fix the issues.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
      Huh? The PC version was superior in every way unless you had a shit video card. The same with the FFVIII PC version.
      nnnoooooo.....lol PC version of FFVII sucked hard, for one they replaced all the music with really bad midi files.... then on top of that, it was a resource hog.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
      GeForce Cards from the 4 series and older had no problems and did perform better with FFXI then ATI cards at the time did. It was the FX and higher, where nVidia changed to their unified driver type that introduced the problems. The issues that FFXI had with was nvidias poor ability to handle older dx paths after they changed how they released their drivers. Which is why a single driver release fix the issues.

mmm interesting, Well I would say I have had my fill of ATI -.- next card I get is going to be an Nvidia
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Huh? The PC version was superior in every way unless you had a shit video card. The same with the FFVIII PC version.
        It was a double edged sword. I think they fixed some translation issues and bugs that found there way past Q&A while at the same time introduced other issues. For one I was running it on Windows 2000 and when I got to the gold saucer it would constantly crash. I had to install 95 on another machine and copy my save file over, pass the gold saucer there then move it back over to 2000 to continue.

There was also an issue at the archeological dig or whatever it was before you go to the ancients capital that I don't think existed in the playstation version.

Though I don't think SE actually was the company that did the PC port of either VII or VIII.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I think it was more of a "when FFXIV is released which platform would you like to play it on?," not a question of which you'd like to beta test it on. This is just a beta test, there is no commitment to playing the PC version when the game goes retail so plenty of people who plan to play on PS3 might still apply for the PC beta test just to see what the game is like.
          Ah that makes sense. Thanks.
          Originally posted by pixiehawk View Post
          They will need testers for both PC & PS3, they were asking which you could test it on. They are going to test it on the PC first, then get more testers, and more and eventually test it on the PS3 as well
          Balf posted what I read AFTER I filled the app out. So I am just hoping I will be able to fill out the PS3 app without it getting DQ'ed if they don't transfer that one over.
          A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
            It was a double edged sword. I think they fixed some translation issues and bugs that found there way past Q&A while at the same time introduced other issues. For one I was running it on Windows 2000 and when I got to the gold saucer it would constantly crash. I had to install 95 on another machine and copy my save file over, pass the gold saucer there then move it back over to 2000 to continue.

There was also an issue at the archeological dig or whatever it was before you go to the ancients capital that I don't think existed in the playstation version.

Though I don't think SE actually was the company that did the PC port of either VII or VIII.
            I crashed every time I tried to leave the Golden Saucer. That sucked.

Comment

Ok notice on the right that there is a dark curved area on the wall fixture thats the exact spot as the horn on the other side. Its just a shadow of the wall fixture and not on the head of the character. And on the left you can see above the "horn" that its just part of the drawing. The 2 "horns" aren't even shaped the same or the same size for pete's sake. They are just put there to make it look like there are horns so that people will go ape over whether this is a new head ornament or a new race or whatever.
              Last edited by TheGrandMom; 09-22-2010, 07:44 PM.
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Excellent observation there mom. I'd say its debunked...
                signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

mmm good point, even though I have looked at that pic zoomed I never noticed that
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

His horns aren't the same size or shape. who's making the rules about people with horns these days?

But screw that.

OMG there's a playable race of children!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                      Ok notice on the right that there is a dark curved area on the wall fixture thats the exact spot as the horn on the other side. Its just a shadow of the wall fixture and not on the head of the character. And on the left you can see above the "horn" that its just part of the drawing. The 2 "horns" aren't even shaped the same or the same size for pete's sake. They are just put there to make it look like there are horns so that people will go ape over whether this is a new head ornament or a new race or whatever
                      Excellent point.. but that doesn't mean that itisn't a girl with horns either.. Everyone is taking hints from some of the dumbest things on what COULD be in the game.. Is that just a clue or a hint the artist added for speculation?? Why randomly draw some horn looking objects behind a little girl who even looks like a Gria without wings?? You gotta ask yourself that.

Also.. we know plain as freaking day that to the right of the Roeg in the middle.. is a male Miqo'te. You cannot say that it isn't.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post

I bet you like that a lot now, huh?
                      A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

Pfft, I bet you like that your mom's a playable race

I saw a chocobo knight in there. True story.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
                          Excellent observation there mom. I'd say its debunked...
                          Now watch SE go "kekekekekeke let's make a horn head accessory just to fuck with them".

Comment

That would still debunk the "new-horned race" craze.

I would like to see a new race as much as the next fanboy but I think if that girl really had horns they would look a lot better, more detail... not just smudges of ink like what they look now.
                            Last edited by Balfree; 12-30-2009, 01:37 AM.
                            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post

His horns aren't the same size or shape. who's making the rules about people with horns these days?

But screw that.

I think that SE is a bit too picky to make two horns look so very different. so lets pretend they are horns. The one on the right looks like a perfectly normal horn but on the left its skinny, misshapen, and sticking straight up out of the head. The Japanese aesthetic would be to make them look more anime-ish, cute, normal (how in the hell is a horn sticking out of a humanlike character normal?? lol), and just more beautiful. The way those look in that picture is just plain freakish. lol
                              Originally posted by Feba
                              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                              Originally posted by DakAttack
                              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
                                Honestly.. I think everyone is jumping to conclusions too soon..
                                Dontcha know? That's what humans do..

Facts mean nothing only emotion and punditry.
                                It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                                それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                                Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                                A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

Working...
                                X