Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SquareEnix's New MMORPG Screenshots leaked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SquareEnix's New MMORPG Screenshots leaked?

StarvingArtistEdit: Although it should have been more than obvious, I am confirming that it was an April Fool's joke created by me. My thanks to Pikko, the staff at Allakazham, and the staff here at DiV for helping me out. 140 replies and more than 9300 views (50+/740+ here) isn't too shabby for a night's work I think.

I briefly explain the process on my LiveJournal for those that are wondering how it was done. High res versions also there. leghoneun: On Vieras and Moogles

The FFXIOnline.com Administration Team have been in contact with our SquareEnix community managers in regards to the leaked screen shots of SquareEnix's next MMORPG, "Rapture". Our SquareEnix contact representative has issued a statement reiterating SquareEnix's position:
    We cannot provide any additional information in regards to "Rapture" at this time.
    Further stating that, they
    cannot confirm nor deny the legitimacy of the screenshots that have been posted on Allakazam's website
    and that
    SquareEnix takes seriously any violations of our Non-Disclosure Agreements and will take appropriate actions necessary to protect [SquareEnix's] intellectual properties and rights.
    The original screen shots posting can be found here: Allakhazam.com: Hello Kitty Online: News: Sneak Peek at Square's New MMO! Attached to this news post is a local copy of the images hosted on Allakhazam.

EDIT: I would not be surprised if this was real.... given that:

The merger of Square and its rival company, Enix, took place on April 1, 2003, and was originally thought to be a joke.
    Real news on April Fools' Day
    IGN: Square and Enix Merge

And now we have SquareEnix.

So, do you really think this is a joke? If you were also thinking that Square merging with Enix was a joke back in 2003, you might want to think again about this one.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by StarvingArtist; 04-01-2008, 06:54 PM.
    Signature was intentionally left blank.

Re: SquareEnix's New MMORPG Screenshots leaked?

o.O wtf?! This is the first ive heard of this.
    Originally posted by Raydeus

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Comment

It is April first. Chances are equally possible that those images were doctored and that this is an April fools joke.
      Last edited by Jaelachan; 04-01-2008, 02:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Proud hater of Windows Vista since Windows XP Service Pack Two!

My limit break involves a moose, the demon Baphomet, and a Kuiper Belt object. It takes four hours and you cant skip any of the cutscenes.
      She's coming around for another pass! Do we Fight, Use an Item, or Run?
      FIGHT, ITEM, or RUN? DECIDE!

Dont look a gift lion in the mouth!

Perscription strength Assault!
      Side effects may include joint pain, loss of mobility, and fainting.

Comment

I read elsewhere FFXI was being cut and Radiata Stories MMO was taking over...seems to be a April's Fools joke.

Comment

gottcha, ty
          Originally posted by Raydeus

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Comment

i heard something about this months ago.But I hope they do some sort of data transfer from FXI to this new 1 cause I'd hate to loose Kurb and the madness that he generates / inspires

It ain't tanking unless you get hit
            To those who are about to tank I salute you.

Comment

Amusing, to say the least.

However, if SE were to ever make an MMO that has Viera as a playable race, you can expect me to play one.

As a Dragoon, of course.

And a Blue Mage, and a Corsair, and a Dancer, and a Paladin...
              Last edited by LilithAngel; 04-01-2008, 03:49 AM. Reason: April 1st, et al...

Comment

lol... good one!
                I'm your resident noob!

Comment

It's FF12 characters...so fake!

Then again I've always wanted to play as a moogle ^^
                  Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                  (have fun MMO players ^^)
                  Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

I think that its just....dumb. Why would they drop the FF online game they have now then remake another one when they could just update the current. It has to be a april fool's joke. That would just cause a huge loss of money on their part as well as a loss of alot of customers
                    [Name: Tokagawa] [Server: Bahamut] [Awesome: Yes I am]
                    GAYMER
                    [THF:30] [MNK:18] [BLU:10] [BLM:9] [BST:9] [WHM:5]

Comment

Aksyogin posted the thread, so it's pretty obviously an April Fool's joke.

Comment

At least it's better than last year. That was just stupid.

That's just lame.

Then again, seeing what planning ahead got us last year, I'm not really sure I can recommend that either.

How about next time you want to prank us, you have PiNG mess with our user accounts and leave it at that, ok?
                        Last edited by Feba; 04-01-2008, 05:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

My eyes hurt from going to that Alla site... no more hello kitty please! More MACH Go-Go!!!

Edit1:Although these may not be really SS from their new MMO but after googling it I'm kinda confused...

Edit2: Wow Crystal Tools will now support Wii admist 360, PC and PS3 !? Does that possibly mean we'll see FF13 and FFv13 out on 360 and Wii?
                          Last edited by Malevolent; 04-01-2008, 05:35 AM.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Well, when you only participate in the community once or twice a year, you're bound to get it wrong.

Comment

I'm not part of the alla community...

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

Working...
                              X