Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SquareEnix's New MMORPG Screenshots leaked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SquareEnix's New MMORPG Screenshots leaked?

But apparently this makes me a party pooper. Oh, Icemage (and or Akysogyn).
    Last edited by Murphie; 04-01-2008, 12:59 PM.

Comment

heh i liked google's joke the best from last year

Comment

Just a quick thing here.. the work on SE's new MMO Rapture is actually true and it's been reported on a few times since the end of last year (there's a couple threads on BG about it). The screencaps though are obv. pics from FF12 tho.

And yea.. wtf @ allaKitty
        Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
        Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
        Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Well here are a couple of April Fool's pranks I have encountered today:

PS3 News: FFXIII Playable Demo, FFVII PS3 Remake CONFIRMED

/sigh

and this one was put on our private ls forums and is from Wiki:

Apr. 1, 2008 00:01 [EDT] From: PlayOnline

SQUARE ENIX Global Official Announcement (Apr. 1)

After much anticipation, SQUARE ENIX (SQUARE ENIX Global), is happy to announce the unveiling of its new MMORPG – RADIATA STORIES II. The new project, previously codenamed, Rapture, is set to launch this summer for Playstation3™, XBOX™, and Windows. Because of the nature of introducing a new massively multiplayer game, and the resources necessary to support such an endeavor, SQUARE ENIX is simultaneously announcing the termination of its current popular MMORPG, Final Fantasy XI. Since 2002 Final Fantasy XI has been a popular title for SQUARE ENIX, and it is with great sadness, mixed with great excitement, that we make this decision. Ultimately, we believe by choosing to support only one MMORPG, we will be able to focus our resources and provide the best in-game support and development for RADIATA STORIES II.

We thank you for your commitment to Final Fantasy XI, and hope to see you in the world of RADIATA STORIES II soon.

[Date & Time]
          Apr. 1, 2008

[Details]
          Effective June 31, 2008: Termination of all servers related to Final Fantasy XI.

[Cause]
          RADIATA STORIES II.

BACK

© 2001 - 2008 NOBODY, LTD. No Rights Reserved. There are no designs and logos in which to reserve rights. If we were to reserve rights, they would be reserved to those who created the titles or logos. And maybe to someone else random – like Bill Gates – he seems to own a lot. Otherwise, this should all be take with a grain of salt, or, if you prefer, cum grano salis. Note that today

Then top it off with my family's prank on me....I walk downstairs half asleep and see a big box in the kitchen. When I get closer I see its the $500 Dyson vacuum that I've been dying to get. I squeal in delight and go to open it only to have my eldest grandson pop out and yell something like "You're a Fool's Day!" (Yes, he totally murdered it but it was kind of fitting, no?) Evil, evil people....
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

My april fools joke Idea was to Make Feba and Murphie mods w/o banning powers, and watch the chaos unfold.
            [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I was busy at school today, so there would not have been much excitement.

Comment

hay guise i sold mai ps3 and bought a exbox

aprils' fools im too big of a fanboi LOL
                PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                Currently Playing:
                FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

That was a good joke man. Haha, I am laughing IRL.

Comment

I squeal in delight and go to open it only to have my eldest grandson pop out and yell something like "You're a Fool's Day!"
                    LOL! thats too great. I don't know what better...him butchering april fools day or or...no thats hilarious.

But it doesn't beat me when I've plastic wrapped toilet seats in my parents house when i was younger...Nothing is better than hearing "Oh Shit!" from my dad or the squeals from my mom.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

The merger of Square and its rival company, Enix, took place on April 1, 2003, and was originally thought to be a joke.
                      IGN: Square and Enix Merge

So, do you really think this is a joke? If you were also thinking that Square merging with Enix was a joke back in 2003, you might want to think again about this one.
                      Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Why would I think a fact was a joke?
                        Last edited by Murphie; 04-01-2008, 12:52 PM. Reason: also, Aksyogyn, if you want to be funny, be funny, but this sad sack stuff is just embarassing.

Comment

No. I am not say that you now think it is a joke, but when it was announced back then, people thought that the merger was a joke; only to turn out that it was not.

So can you draw a parallel?
                          Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

I can barely draw a straight line without a ruler, so probably not.

I mean, I appreciate that you're committed to your joke, but maybe take it down a notch or two?

Comment

Well if it is true, I could totally get into the bunny ears thing ive already got it planned out

Char name: Heff
                              LS(or group thing): PlayboyMansion

Only bunny ears allowed or winners of special silver tickets for a tour of the mansion.

Now just hopping they have pajamas, slippers a pipe and a news paper as equipable items

sig courtesy tgm
                              retired -08

Comment

youtube has the best april fools I've seen

Go to the main page and click on any of the featured videos

Comment

Working...
                                X