Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users (9/9)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users (9/9)

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news5505.shtml
    Quote:
    Sep. 9, 2005 03:15 [PDT]

About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users

Recently it has come to our attention that an unauthorized third-party software tool was made available to the public. This tool allows players to change their job from anywhere in Vana 'diel.

In response to this, an emergency maintenance was carried out on Sep. 4 13:00 to 16:00 (PDT) to prevent further use of this tool within FINAL FANTASY XI.

As a result of an ongoing investigation, it has been determined that over 600 accounts will be either suspended or terminated for the malicious and intentional use of this third-party tool.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools to change or modify the game in any way is strictly prohibited in the PlayOnline environment. We will continue to take any necessary actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that by using these third-party tools, the consequences may extend beyond action being taken against your account. Some tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
    -------
    I've never even heard of this tool. JPs get the newest hacks before NAs even hear about them. d:

Title: Sergeant Major
    SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
    Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
    Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
    Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Re: About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users (9/9)

Whhhhhhheeeeeeeeeee isn't that a kick in the pants!! LOL

Can you imagine if they ever found out a way to detect people using a windower and then took the same action?? Damn it would be hard to find pt's with so few people left to play!! LOL
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

SE likes to throw out this "600 users banned" number lol.
      Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

600 is 20 people from each server .... why even bother?
        63/63 maps obtained

Comment

Because they want to make examples like the communist regime during the stalin era.

Comment

Originally posted by ibroyles
            SE likes to throw out this "600 users banned" number lol.
            Heh. Last time was 800 or 900 i think.

Title: Sergeant Major
            SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
            Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
            Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
            Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

*Clap*
              at least they're doing something, I'd hate to see this game go the way of dreamcast PSO

Originally posted by SevIfrit
              we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

I agree with SE's policies regarding third party tools. The game should be played the way it is meant to played. While It would be convienient to have the ability to switch jobs whenever I wanted, I will wait until SE thinks the same way.
                You kill one man, your a murderer
                Kill many and your a conquerer
                Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

omg if that tool with job changing would become public i would be out of FFXI for good...
                  CHECK MY JOURNAL!

Comment

I could see why people would want to be able to change jobs in the middle of nowhere or whatnot... but that is the exact reason there shouldn't be any. However, Square Enix should make it possible for you to talk to a nomad moogle within any area to change your job/subjob, but make it like a 4hr thing (or longer) so you can't keep doing it all the time.

Comment

Or just add a nomad moogle to Selbina and Mhaura
                      PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                      Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                      WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                      Currently Playing:
                      FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

I think people have been clammoring ever since FFXI started for Mhaura/Selbina Moogles. I've sent at least 10 messages to S-E asking for them to do this. I'm sure many others have tried as well.

As far as the hack goes, I have dreamed many times about changing my job out in the field (Usually when I'm out in the middle of nowhere, like Fei'yin or Zvahl Baileys and forgot a warp scroll). It would make things easier, but a hack isn't the way to get around to doing it.

Lets just hope they don't enact on windower like they do this, or else FFXI would be devoid indeed.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Comment

I would support maybe a Mhuana and Selbina nomad moogle, but make people quest for it. Perhaps one of the rooms in Those areas would be locked to someone who has the key item and wola a nomad moogle.

I think SQ-E needs to see what the hacker groups do and add some of the best ideas.
                          like listing the TP of party members.
                          Thom @ Lakshmi server -> 70WHM/75PLD/75SMN
                          Shall Shell / The Ultimates / FatesHand All Right!

Comment

Swiften, your idea makes so much sense, it can never possibly happen!

I'm assuming you intend on intelligent veto or else certain bot functions would be installed.

As far as a nomad moogle. I always thought it would make sense to put the nomad moogle on the ship so that you had limited access to it and had to pay a fee to even talk with the little guy. Or perhaps S-E could add a quest to give you a 5-hr ability to chage your job and subjob. Then again, I'm a big fan of S-E adding a Mimic job that allows you to select a job to imitate until you use the ability to change it.
                            4 out of 3 people have a problem with fractions. . .

Comment

I'm certain the hacks the development team goes for are more likely the ones that can cause heavy damage to the game or infringe on the Privacy Policies. Mainly because those two can carry heavy profit and legal weight to them.

As far as the windower I wouldn't doubt if they see it to become a threat that they would focus to get it. It isn't like identifying it is impossible, many of the API commands open up a lot of ability to see what's running on your system, as long as you've accepted an agreement they post that they'll monitor your system for anything like that then they are free to put on monitoring software that only functions during the play of the game to prevent you from using such things.

Just be glad they haven't gone to that level yet to stop people, the potential to do that is there and I'm sure SE can find a way to do it if they felt the need to. Other then that the windower basically only gets by (excluding the newer version with the plug-ins) is because it's virtually harmless to the game so about the only way you can get in trouble for it is if you admit to using it. Thats were the GM pick up the slack of getting third-party programs that the developers are not so focused on atm.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Working...
                              X