Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users (9/9)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users (9/9)

wow... maybe that's why JPs stay anon all the time >_>; One min 75 PLD/WAR.. next min 75BLM/WHM
    (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master
      Or just add a nomad moogle to Selbina and Mhaura
      i couldn't agree more.

Comment

The arguement of a nomad moogle in Selbina and Muhara have been argued since the begining of time. Yes there should be a moogle there if you consider every other remote "city" has one, but SE is a bunch of fuckheads and won't give us what we want.
        Thats why hacks like this come around. Thier actions are warrented and very just, but they will not take the same action against the windower for the one resason that it doesn't modify the game itself, just the ability to take it off full screen.
        They know about it and realize the only advantage it gives the players is to play solitare wile seeking for party for 6 hours as a DRG! (little hostility there).

Will this tool resurface? Probably.
        Will people try to get away with it again? Without a doubt.
        Will I get it myself? Prolly not, I'll just wait for SE to come up with a 3 day long quest to get me an earring to change jobs anywhere that can only be used once and the recharge timer is 12312856386518724 hours ><

Server: Ifrit
        Linkshell: none
        Jobs: 58DRG, 56WHM, 37BLM, 37THF, 20NIN, 18RNG, 14WAR, 14RDM, 14SAM, 14BRD, 11PLD, 11BST, 5DRK, 5SMN (yes I have tried everything)
        Quote: "sure I'll help, no I don't need to exp ><"

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostraven
          *Clap*
          at least they're doing something, I'd hate to see this game go the way of dreamcast PSO
          Yeah, it fell quick and barely had a chance to breathe. PSOBB fell pretty quick too, I quit playing because of that too. Which is exactly why I'm back at FFXI too...Nothing can replace it. ><

Still, it can be an intimidation done by S-E just to stop people from using it, or they could slowly be getting rid of more people. Who knows, at least something was done about it.

Comment

/em comfort Sanriku XD "Hope your luck improves"

Comment

dics arnt they

Comment

im all for this ban. imagine exping in highlands an bloodfleece pops. auto change to 75 an pwn it. you take aggro you run an do a superman into your 75 job an whoop it. same thing could be said for coffers as well.

i still dont see any harm with windower especially since you can do the same thing with a pc notebook next to you. as for seeing tp an things like that. i was easily able to disable it. so im still failing to see the bads of it.

hell im still dealing with the million a.h / guild botteers. not to mention nm botters. ><

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

I think the issue on the windower is more in line with that fact that they can't monitor any conversation logs like they can with online chat. Hence they can't police the game if they can't see what is being said. This is entirely separate from the ability to change jobs on the fly anywhere anytime. They have been up in arms for a while over the windower but I think the ones booted this time were for the other third party program and were changing jobs outside the normal procedure. While it's nice to have the ability to look up things on the web while playing it is unfare compared to the ps2 players so it's their right to enforce the rules making us all play on the same level.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanito
                    I think the issue on the windower is more in line with that fact that they can't monitor any conversation logs like they can with online chat. Hence they can't police the game if they can't see what is being said. This is entirely separate from the ability to change jobs on the fly anywhere anytime. They have been up in arms for a while over the windower but I think the ones booted this time were for the other third party program and were changing jobs outside the normal procedure. While it's nice to have the ability to look up things on the web while playing it is unfare compared to the ps2 players so it's their right to enforce the rules making us all play on the same level.
                    My thoughts exactly. Even though the PS2 and laptop can mimic the same thing as a PC with a windower, in one setup it takes 2 devices to acomplish in another only 1. So in fairness the PC version should also make you have to use 2 devices to acomplish the same. That's being fair to an extreem level of which is what I'd prefer but not really demand it.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Im actually happy for the ban. Although.. in the right hands.. It could save parties from being destroyed.. namly in Dunes or something. See a train, go brb, switch like superman, pwn train, back to normal job. But yeah.. all that use some type of download for the game should burn.. -.-

Comment

Originally posted by ryanito
                        i wish we were all on the same level. sadly this can never happen. players buy gil vs those who cant. players who bot vs players who dont. so you take these 2 wrongs vs windower. what effects the games economy? what effects the players more.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Frankly, the Windower is a useful piece of software, although there are some downsides about it on Square-Enix's side...it was their own fault for failing to add a "Windowed" option. Look at Lineage 2. The game had a Windowed Option you could use by simply adding a line of code to an .ini file. And then there's EVE Online, which lets you play in Windowed Mode without any problems whatsoever. Ragnarok Online, too. So if a game doesn't have a windowed option or facilities to permit Alt-Tabbing, then it's a poorly programmed pile of dog dung.

An exception is FFXI, despite the non-windowed options. This is where Windower comes in, it allows people who have desk jobs to play FFXI while doing their work at their (most likely) exceedingly boring jobs, as well as multitask. How else can FFXI players keep their eyes on their stocks and such?

If they wanted to nullify the Windower's usefulness, Square-Enix would do well to upgrade the PC game engine and add a "Play in Windowed Mode" feature. THEN they won't need to ban the Users (which are all that's lining their pockets at this point with money) and thus, everything is win-win.

Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by KatoArabel
                            Frankly, the Windower is a useful piece of software, although there are some downsides about it on Square-Enix's side...it was their own fault for failing to add a "Windowed" option. Look at Lineage 2. The game had a Windowed Option you could use by simply adding a line of code to an .ini file. And then there's EVE Online, which lets you play in Windowed Mode without any problems whatsoever. Ragnarok Online, too. So if a game doesn't have a windowed option or facilities to permit Alt-Tabbing, then it's a poorly programmed pile of dog dung.

An exception is FFXI, despite the non-windowed options. This is where Windower comes in, it allows people who have desk jobs to play FFXI while doing their work at their (most likely) exceedingly boring jobs, as well as multitask. How else can FFXI players keep their eyes on their stocks and such?

If they wanted to nullify the Windower's usefulness, Square-Enix would do well to upgrade the PC game engine and add a "Play in Windowed Mode" feature. THEN they won't need to ban the Users (which are all that's lining their pockets at this point with money) and thus, everything is win-win.

Simple as that.
                            Its BECAUSE PS2 users cant keep up with PC users. Thus unfair-ness runs out-of-control(allready is though..). SO it sounds like your one of those types that wont give a hoot about PS2, just buffer your own system. What do you mean by a Windowed Mode? This is supposed to be a no-hack/windowed game in the first place. By all means, windower has always had a unfair advantage between players.

Comment

First off, why would you bump a month old thred, kato?
                              Second, this debate has been hashed out almost as much as Roe v. Wade. No one is changing their opinion. So don't waste your time trying to change anyone's mind one way or the other.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
                              Personality Tests

Comment

Who said I wanted to change opinion? I recently came to the forum and saw this thread. Just tossing my 2 Gil out there. Frankly, they shouldn't have made it a PS2 emulation.

Making games for Consoles and PC's are two different things. I know this much, because I've helped test The Suffering: Ties That Bind, which came out for Xbox, PS2 and PC. It's not easy to develop a game that will play exactly the same on all the systems.

All I'm saying is, since the newest Expansion is slated for Xbox 360 release, I imagine that the upgrade for the PC is very likely, and may feature some improvements to "emulate" the Box, as well as offering a few more features...hopefully windowing.

As it's been stated before, the main beef Square-Enix has with the Windower is security. With it, chat can't be logged easily, for Square to keep track of. (Thus, if they implemented a Windowed mode feature, it would eliminate the need for Windower.)

I'm just pointing out the obvious, and the not-so-obvious. I have no qualms about how Square-Enix thinks about how their games should be played, it's just that trying to force people to play FFXI on the PC (which is a multitask platform) just like one would play the PS2 is like trying to wrestle a 500-pound raging bull.

Comment

Working...
                                X