Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raydeus
    replied
    Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

    And RDM gets DoubleCast in the form of a job ability that makes next spell take zero casting time and makes recast zero afterwards.

    Emergency Stoneskin/Utsu Ni, go!

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

    Maybe BLM should get a Sekkanoki-like ability.

    Sekka does kind of a mini- Meikyo Shuisi (I know I spelled that wrong, I don't care, you know what I'm talking about) in that it makes your WS use only 100% TP, so that you can do a quick self-skillchain. It really is a mini-two hour.

    What if BLMs had something similar? A job ability, I have no good name for it maybe something like "Mana Null." (yeah it sucks)

    10 minute recast
    Duration: 1 minute, wears upon spell cast (like ES)
    Level 50+
    Causes your next spell to cost zero MP.

    Trust me, this would not be overpowered. If you're on BLM and you're out of MP, chances are you're right at the borderline of being across the hate line, if you're not there already. That would not be a good time to use this ability, unless you are soloing. Not gonna overpower soloing, BLMs are already very powerful at soloing so there is nothing wrong with an added boost to that in my opinion. Solo BLM isn't gonna go away. However, using this can allow you conserve better and let your MP last a bit longer, which is nice, also reduces downtime for parties if you choose to have a BLM in one. Also, Manafont lasts ... 2 minutes? I think, during which I can cast three to five spells depending on whether I am getting smacked/running away/any other thing that might happen. This would only work for one spell.

    This idea of the "mini two hour" could be useful for other jobs as well, for some jobs it would be overpowered but I liked the idea of it when Sekkanoki came out for SAMs. Doesn't really fall outside the realm of what the job does, doesn't really step on any other job's toes, and doesn't overpower anything.

    Thoughts?

    Leave a comment:


  • admx9
    replied
    Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

    My wish list!

    1) Drk : Manaeater show tarus some love. Any JA gained by level or give Drk a darkness bassed AM.

    2) Blm : Tier 2 elemental enfeebles is a great idea. new JA maybe double cast ^^ but not happening.

    3) Thf: A+ Dagger skill? why does monk have dodge and thf dont?

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

    Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    It's the RDM alliance >.> (no really we call it that lol)


    and Dynacore is the biggest LS on Seraph, most of our runs have minimum 50 people.
    Haha, holy shit. We typically enter Dynamis with anywhere between 18 and 24 people, still do DL and two to three fragments. I can't imagine how laggy that must be with all those people. Think the biggest Dynamis group I ever went with was my old linkshell, about 39ish people.

    Do you guys like split up for CoP runs? Or do a lot of people get a night off for CoP?

    Sorry for the derail. I'm curious. I've never been in a shell that big.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sekighara
    replied
    Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

    Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    PUP performs just fine against higher level enemies if you gear your automaton correctly. Most people who play the job (not all) generally don't know what they're doing. Before SE adds anymore attachments I'd rather they fix the casting AI. Good lord is the automaton a retard when it comes to magic.


    SE did acknowledge that pet jobs in general are need of some buffing though as they hardly get used at end game (even SMN seems to be falling on hard times lately...)


    Higher EXP rewards to make IT mobs comparable to chaining VTs would be nice. We need more EXP options, not less SE and they need to be equally efficient so as to keep crowding to a minimum. I'd love to see the old manaburns in sea come back (some ppl got as much as 50k/hour...) but I doubt SE would do that . _ . (plus it kinda contradicts my previous statement lol. Still ungodly exp tho...)

    Well the AI thing can be done with parts. They already have the damage meter or what ever it is called but that wasn't at what I meant. How i see puppet is that there puppet should be able to fill any roll in the partry for a limited time, but they have certain overall flaws to that.For instance like a pure tank body, with alot of def and hp, and has the shield block and a guard abilty and pld like white magic spell restrictions. This will allow them to take a hit with out rag dolling across the screen hp wise and have a part that gives them a pld like job ability. Make a complete melee with a 2 hand weapon that mimics Sam and drk and the spells it can use drain and abs spells. This body could have regain as well maybe or at least tp store and have an equip for something like soul eater or last resort or maybe an really expensive part for blood weapon that is rare/ex so once it is recieved you can only have one, and then have a part for hasso. This ideas are all sound but I am afraid that pup will fall into if you want a party you build it this way, but right now everyone is building their pups the same with the sam load out because it has the best function. But I would like the pupsto have bodies that support different play styles rather then just jobs but that might just be me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cotners
    replied
    Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    10? Lol wow, that's kinda overkill on the RDM/DRK, unless you guys have like 50 people. In which case, you still don't need that many stunners! We use two for DL, one for everything else that's zerged.
    We usually use two rdm/drks but i find it alittle safer to go with two teams of two

    Leave a comment:


  • AutonomousMarkings
    replied
    Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

    Originally posted by nanatsu View Post
    All spells in the game are like that. Most (but not all) spells are a higher tier of a previous spell. Despite all of the different names that blu spells have, most of them follow that same rule also. There so many different types of 3 hit blunt damage spells that's it not even funny, each one stronger than the last. So you should be used to this by now.
    I won't dispute that, but it was a bit of downer that our arguably best spell from an expansion that we had to pay for was that when the new mobs had other seemingly more original abilities (easily able to be toned down for blu use if deemed too much) that we could not learn.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

    It's the RDM alliance >.> (no really we call it that lol)


    and Dynacore is the biggest LS on Seraph, most of our runs have minimum 50 people.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

    10? Lol wow, that's kinda overkill on the RDM/DRK, unless you guys have like 50 people. In which case, you still don't need that many stunners! We use two for DL, one for everything else that's zerged.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

    Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
    It's not glorious, but there certainly is no better way I can think of to safely and easily kill DL. That bitch is mean.
    Yah he is not to be taken lightly...


    We usually have 10+ RDM/DRK when we do a Xarc Clear to keep him from slaughtering us with his bullshit AoE.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

    It's not glorious, but there certainly is no better way I can think of to safely and easily kill DL. That bitch is mean.

    Leave a comment:


  • Raydeus
    replied
    Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

    Either they remove Magic/Melee zerging or they implement penalties and better conditions to both, so groups need to rotate their damage types and maybe use clearer strategies/more skill to beat mobs.

    I liked the way they handled the Alex fight but don't know much about end game, so I don't know if systems like that are already implemented in other end game fights.

    It would probably require more tweaking than SE seems to be willing to do on XI. But it would be a nice experiment that would probably help XIV should they gave it a try.

    If they haven't already that is.



    PS > Chain-stun + Zerg isn't what I call a glorious battle, that's for sure.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

    Originally posted by Armando View Post
    Won't fix anything. You'll never buff BLM to the point that it can keep up with melees against T-VT with the game as it is (2-hander change, Marinara Pizza, BRD and COR, etc) while not having to sit any fights out, without breaking the job.
    figured as much. but really all the job needs is more party-friendly utility for EXP and MP endurance. Any kind of actual power increase would be over the top as BLM already booms things pretty gewd =3


    >_> and I second the removal of the resistance update, especially in light of all the zerging.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aksannyi
    replied
    Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

    Remove the elemental resistance nerf! DO IT! I want my damn MB to do as much as the first person to nuke if I have the same exact gear.

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

    Won't fix anything. You'll never buff BLM to the point that it can keep up with melees against T-VT with the game as it is (2-hander change, Marinara Pizza, BRD and COR, etc) while not having to sit any fights out, without breaking the job.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X