Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

We're pleased to inform you that the upcoming version update is on track for a late July release! The development and quality assurance teams are hard at work cooking up a whole slew of exciting new content that will feature the continuation of the Wings of the Goddess missions, new areas in past Vana'diel, job adjustments, additions and refinements for Campaign and Moblin Maze Mongers, and much, much more.

Details on all the new features will be released here in the coming weeks, so keep your eyes glued to this space!
    Originally posted by Raydeus

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Re: Next Version Update Scheduled for Late July! (06/08/2009)

Originally posted by Amberly View Post
    new areas in past Vana'diel
    Oh god, yes!

job adjustments
    If this involves BLM.. this just made my day.
    Rothy of Valefor Server. MyLittleChocobo Shell Holder Join DiV v2 Today!
    Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

Let the wish lists start!

Brd update of somesort. (not to make it better but to help me from zzz whenever I am on it)
      New Avatars!
      Blm update would be good to see.
      Another atempt to slowly move rdm up front a little as well. (I just put that one to piss a few ppl off)

Other than that the only thing I'd like to see is SE changing Homam so RDM can use it, but the chances of that happening are the same as those of me winning the Mog bonanza.

Comment

Yay, now i need to catch up on the last batch of quests.

Comment

THF update would be nice. Just something to make them more pertinent aside from the treasure hunter.

WHM75/BLU75/THF75/BLM40/SMN37/NIN37/DNC37/SCH37/BST37

Comment

Originally posted by AutonomousMarkings View Post
            THF update would be nice. Just something to make them more pertinent aside from the treasure hunter.
            This maybe a dumb question but why not add in a Thf's version of "Warrior's Charge"? Have is up every 2-3 min and it is a 100% triple attack on very next attack or something. This seems kinda pointless but it would give you something more to do I geuss.

Comment

This maybe a dumb question but why not add in a Thf's version of "Warrior's Charge"? Have is up every 2-3 min and it is a 100% triple attack on very next attack or something. This seems kinda pointless but it would give you something more to do I geuss.
              Because "we" Warriors would complain that the THFs are jocking us. j/k

Speaking of Warrior's Charge, I need to finish meriting that.

Also, a WAR update would be nice. I doubt we'll be getting anything else after we got Retaliation, but I always keep my hopes up.
              {New Sig in the works}
              -----------------------
              "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
              "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
              Originally posted by Solymir
              What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I would love to see a war update as well but I really don't see that happening. Retaliation was a great add to the job. Nothing better than 8 GA merits, 5 in Double attack, brutal earing, and retaliation vs. a mnk or thf type mob. TP, you can have this.

Comment

I wonder if that might be effective stacked with TA...

Comment

After the WHM update I'm not sure what else I would be on my wish list for an update. Maybe some new gear that WHMs can actually use? I've been trying to find a decent head piece for WHM for a while. Yigit and Goliard aren't available to me due to not having an Assault/Nyzul perma and the Walmart urban will take a long time to get with just getting IS from beseiged.

So I guess my wishlist is:

• New gear for WHMs to play with. It's getting a bit alloying seeing lots of awesome mage gear coming out with each update but all of it is only useful to RDM or BLM.
                    • Maybe a BLM update? Something that will make them more attractive to parties at 50+ since I can't stand soloing on that job. I'd level SCH instead but I'm too lazy to level RDM as a sub.
                    • A continuation on the pop item NM system. I like not having to constantly camp and try to claim against demo's claim bots. That or camping a mob continuoisly for 8 hours for someone only for them to go AFK during the claim window and yell at me for losing the claim.
                    • An incentive for people to actually finish both Zilart and the WoTG missions. I've been stuck on the last bloody Zilart mission for months because as soon as they get Sky most people stop caring about Zilart. Same thing with WoTG. It's really hard to find people willing to help out with the battlefield missions either because they're too lazy to repeat quests or are too greedy to do soemthing that doesn't have a reward.
                    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                    Reiko Takahashi
                    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Finally, the new avatars are coming and the final medals.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

You mean this?
                      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                        Finally, the new avatars are coming and the final medals.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

You mean this?
                        lol, as you can tell.....i dont play thf.

Comment

Thfs do have something like that. It's a merit JA that usually sits on a 15 minute timer because Feint and Aura steal are better abilities in the long run.

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                          Because "we" Warriors would complain that the THFs are jocking us. j/k

Speaking of Warrior's Charge, I need to finish meriting that.
                          As a War and a Thf, I can honestly say the "Charge" abilities aren't all that great. Wars can just max it because they really have nothing else to max in G2.

lolaggressiveaim.

I would love to see a war update as well but I really don't see that happening. Retaliation was a great add to the job. Nothing better than 8 GA merits, 5 in Double attack, brutal earing, and retaliation vs. a mnk or thf type mob. TP, you can have this.
                          Except Retaliation means you're taking dmg and burning MP. As an ability on it's own it's not that great because it only increases our dmg output and tp if we're consistently taking dmg. And if we're consistently taking dmg it means the tank isn't tanking. It's nice for merit pts and such where mobs are too weak to matter, but for everything else, it's not really an asset.

Edit: And getting in spirit with the "I wanna see" topic, two adjustments I would like to see would be a defensive JA for war that can work well with Retaliate, maybe a Dmg redux ability so we can get hit and not bleed the mages MP. And some sort of short recast support ability for thf, maybe aTP reset or Stun like hit that can stack with Sa or Ta. Or some new hate manipulating tool to work with TA and Collab/Accomplice. Mainly cause they're the two jobs I play most and I like new shineys.

And of course new avatars, medals, zones yadda yadda.
                          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                            Edit: And getting in spirit with the "I wanna see" topic, two adjustments I would like to see would be a defensive JA for war that can work well with Retaliate, maybe a Dmg redux ability so we can get hit and not bleed the mages MP.
                            Ahhhh yes.... I'd bring back WAR/MNK just for the fun of it if we could do that. Then we'd have both retaliation, counter, and some DEF. A better defensive JA would also fix /SAM a bit just in case your Third Eye wears off a little early you'll be able to Retaliate and have a bit of defense to stop the bleeding for a bit until Third Eye gets back up.
                            {New Sig in the works}
                            -----------------------
                            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                            Originally posted by Solymir
                            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I feel owned....

I was refering to soloing though. War/Dnc in west altep page 5. The Retaliation ability is great for that boot of extra tp even in party's thought on that rare situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X